Chapter 17. Threats

Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This was my problem. I was the one to fix it. Before any of the girls could open their mouths to say anything, I headed straight out to the crowd of people.

????: There she is! There is the criminal!

One person pointed at me, making all of the people not quite paying attention turn all of their heads towards me. They all began yelling as I tried to calm them down somehow and explain my point of view.

????: You criminal!

They yelled and yelled and all of a sudden some people began to throw stuff at me. I tried to avoid them but as you all could guess, when there are a lot of people throwing stuff at you it is hard to avoid them all. Even with the guards trying to protect me it didn't help.

Jahoon: Please hear me out! I didn't do this because I wanted to.

????: Shut up you criminal! You are just spewing nonsense!

The people began being even more aggressive and all of my attempts to explain or answer them back were drowned by them. People kept throwing things at me. I saw a bottle of water coming toward me and I closed my eyes with a sigh and just waited for it to hit me. After all, I deserved it all. After a few seconds, I began growing suspicious as it didn't hit me and I opened my eyes to see Jiwon standing in front of me taking all of the hits.

Jahoon: What are you doing? You shouldn't be here!

Jiwon: I'm protecting you. Something that I should have done in the first place.

I wrapped my arms around her as I turned the both of us around to head inside the company. All of the girls ran over to us and looked at us with concern.

Hayoung: Are you guys alright?

Chaeyoung: You guys aren't hurt right?

Both Jiwon and I answered all of their concerns but mostly it was me trying to reassure Jiwon that I was fine. Suddenly a group of other people that I hadn't seen before. They were all elderly men dressed in suits. Their faces were with anger and irritation.

Men: What is this madness?! We haven't invested money in your company Saerom for the stakes to just drop like that!

All of the guys began to yell at Saerom, kind of the same

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter