Chapter 26. Another chance

Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jahoon: I can't believe that I'm doing this...

I looked at the familiar mansion in front of me. I couldn't believe that I had dragged myself here.

Jahoon: What were I even thinking?

It has been almost three months since Jiwon and I talked in the park. Many times I have been worried about getting hurt again if I ever gave her a second chance but on the other hand, I couldn't stop thinking about her. If I didn't give her a second chance, I could lose her for real and I may not forgive myself in the future for that. I walked up to the driveway and rang the doorbell.

Doorbell: Hello? Who is it and how can I help you?

Jahoon: My name is Jahoon. I'm the lawyer- I mean a former lawyer for Saerom as well as a friend of hers.

Doorbell: Ah yes! Miss Park! Please wait for a moment and I will open the door for you!

I took a few deep breaths to calm down my nerves while waiting for the gate to be opened. We didn't part on the greatest terms so I was scared of how they were going to react to me coming back like this.

Guard: Miss Park? You can come inside if you want to.

Jahoon: Oh! Thank you.

I walked inside and up to the mansion but just before I opened the door, I stopped. Maybe this was a bad idea? Before I could turn around and run away, the door to the mansion opened up and revealed Jiwon behind it with the rest of the girls right behind her.

Jiwon: Jahoon!

As soon as Jiwon saw me, she tackled me by wrapping her arms around my neck in a tight hug. I stood frozen as I was a bit surprised by the reaction but eventually ended up placing a timid hand on her lower back.

Jiwon: I thought that I would never see you again.

Jahoon: We need to talk.

Jiwon pulled away from me with a concerned look on her face but it seemed like she did prepare herself for this to happen. She nodded and I gave the maid my bag for her to take it to my room before we both walked to the back garden and sat on the swing while the rest of the girls stayed back in the mansion. We sat down on the swing that was there and just looked in front of us without any of us muttering a word.

Jahoon: I have considered your offer and your apology... and I'm going to take you up on your offer. But... give me some time before we return back to normal. I forgive you but I don't forgive you completely. It will take me some time to do but I'm willing to give you a second chance. As long as you don't mess up this.

Jiwon: I promise I won't! I promise!

I turned to look at Jiwon as she wrapped her arms just like before but this time with a feeling like she was worried that I was going to disappear if she let go.

Jiwon: Thank you so much for trusting in me again... I know that it may not have been an easy decision but thank you.

Jahoon: You can thank me by not hurting me again but let's better get back and tell the girls about our little conversation here. I think they are dying to know right now judging by how all of their faces are squished against the window but trying to go unnoticed by us.

Jiwon pulled away from me and we turned to look back at the mansion where we both clearly could see the girls with their faces against the window, looking in our direction but trying to mask themselves with the curtains, which of course didn't mask them very well since there were a lot of them. We both stood back up and walked back inside the mansion and into the living room to see them all sitting there acting like they were watching, playing games, and doing other stuff than watching us.

Jiwon: You guys don't have to pretend. We saw you guys watching us in the backyard.

Jahoon: And for your guys' curiosity, Jiwon and I are getting back together but we are taking things slowly so don't expect us to act like what we have done in the past straight away. So don't act more than you normally do. Also, I will be sleeping in my own bedroom and not together with Jiwon until I get some time to gather myself back and until everything returns to somewhat normal.

Saerom: Well it is nice to hear that you two are back together. Ever since you left, Jiwon hasn't been leaving your guys' bedroom and has also been wearing some of the clothes that you had left in the closet.

I turned to look at Jiwon with a raised eyebrow to see her looking down at the floor with a little embarrassed smile on her face and her cheeks and ears slowly turning r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter