Chapter 7. Who is it? (Part 2/2)

Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jahoon: Mimi! Your food is ready!

Mimi ran over to me and began eating out of her bowl. I kneeled down to her level and scratched her back, making her growl happily.

Jahoon: Well today is the d-day. The day I ask Jiwon out for a date… if not she rejects me and kills me first. I have to go now but wish me luck.

Mimi looked at me and barked in response before returning back to eating. Now I was sure that dogs, or at least Mimi, could understand what humans were talking about. I stood up and drove to work. Before I could go over to Jiwon and ask her out, I was bombarded with tasks and meetings as soon as I walked inside the building. I will have to find her as soon as I get the chance.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jahoon: I could really use a break right now.

I leaned back in my chair and stretched my body, hearing a few cracks in my back. I sighed satisfied. Since I really could use a break and since my schedule was easy right now, I should use this opportunity to ask Jiwon out. I walked out of my office and past Gyuri.

Jahoon: I will be going out for a moment but don’t worry I will be back in a moment.

I walked over to Jiwon’s office and greeted Seoyeon on the way. I knocked on the door and heard a “come in'', making me enter.

Jiwon: Seoyeon~ You should come and see this~ also what took you-

Jiwon turned around and stopped in surprise when she noticed that it was me. I tried not to laugh by biting my bottom lip.

Jahoon: So that is how you truly are with the other girls. How sweet~ You know, I actually-

Jiwon: Shut up.

Jiwon pointed her finger at me angrily. I had to try even harder not to laugh. I acted like I was zipping my mouth and throwing the keys away. Jiwon turned around and looked out of the window.

Jiwon: Why are you here?

It was quiet for a moment before Jiwon turned back around and looked at me with a raised eyebrow. She then rolled her eyes and sighed heavily when she realized why I wasn’t answering her.

Jiwon: You are allowed to speak.

Jahoon: I want to invite-

Jiwon: No. I don’t want to go out with you. You can go.

She turned back around to look out of the window. I looked at her a bit surprised but to be honest I already expected the rejection. The surprise came from how she knew when I didn’t even get to finish my sentence.

Jahoon: How did you know what I was about to say?

Jiwon: I’m not that stupid. Other than work, why would you be here? But no, I won’t go out with you no matter what. Ask the other girls.

Jahoon: But I love to know more about you. I know that I am just a stranger and I don’t know your story with strangers but I’m not out for something bad. I genuinely want to get closer to you. You piqued my interest ever since the first day that I met you and even more during the dinner we had.

I walked over to her side and looked at her side profile for a moment before she turned her head to look me up and down. She stared into my eyes for a moment.

Jiwon: Fine. I will go out with you but! Before that, go and fetch me something to show that you are genuine about it.

Jahoon: Anything for the queen. Just tell me what you like and I’ll get it for you before you can say your own name three times in a row.

Jiwon looked at me with a slight smirk and wrote something down on a piece of paper and gave it to me. I looked at it and tried not to act too surprised. This was not only hard to get but also the wait for it is no joke. I nodded and quickly got to my car to get it. I called Gyuri to make sure that she knew that I was going to be away for some time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jahoon: The things I do for my destined partner. This better be worth my efforts.

I grumbled to myself as I made my way back to Jiwon’s office. What is so special about this cake? I don’t even understand why people would stand in such a long line to get a cake that you literally could buy from your local bakery. It probably tastes like any other cake. I knocked on Jiwon’s store and walked inside to see Jiwon sitting at her desk. She plopped her head on her hands and looked at me with a satisfied smirk on her face. I placed the cake in front of her and plopped down on the chair in front of her exhausted.

Jahoon: There you have your cake. It took me almost four hours to get you that cake. So will you accept my offer?

Jiwon stared at me and leaned back in her chair. The silence was killing me right now. If she reje

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter