Chapter 20. The first step

Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been a little over one month since I woke up in the hospital. I could finally feel and move my whole body but I was still weak and had to get support from time to time or else I would stumble over. That is why I got myself a fancy cane. I didn't want to use crutches so I would be seen as vulnerable but also I didn't want it to be too boring, so a fancy gold cane it is. It has also been about a little over a month since the incident between the girls, Mr. Heo and his son, and me. The other girls told me that they managed to flee the scene before the cops came. Ever since that day, no one has ever seen them. It made us all live in constant fear as we didn't know when or where he would be out looking for us to get revenge. That is why Saerom decided that all of us would live in her mansion so that we could be with each other at all times in case something happened. That way we would be able to prevent anything bad from happening. And that is why I'm currently packing all of my stuff or at least the stuff that I know I would have to use. A few hours later I heard a honk from the other, followed by a knock on the door. I made my way to the door and looked through the peephole to be sure that I didn't let any strangers in, and saw that it was just Jiwon, Jisun, and Saerom, so I opened the door for them.

Saerom: Are you packed and ready? Do you need help with loading the bags?

Jahoon: Not really but if we have to get out of here fast then yes.

Jisun: Don't worry Jahoon. We will help you.

Saerom: Don't mention it. You guys help Jahoon with loading the bags into my trunk. I will keep an eye out for any suspicious-looking person.

Jisun and Jiwon nodded and began helping me with loading my bags into Saerom’s car while Saerom was on the lookout. A few minutes later we were all done and already sitting in the car on the way to Saerom's home. I sat in the back of the car and stared out of the window. I couldn't believe what my life had become. It was not long ago that I was living my life completely normally, just graduated and looking for a job. Who knew that finding a single wallet and bringing it back to its rightful owner would lead to this? If I had known that, I probably wouldn't have done it. But then I wouldn't have met Jiwon or any of the other girls. My life has really become messy…hasn't it? I was deep In my thoughts when I felt a hand on my left shoulder. I turned around to see Jiwon looking at me with a worried look.

Jiwon: Are you feeling okay? You were kind of out of it.

I looked at the front of the car and saw the reflection of Jisun and Saerom in the rear mirror. I could tell that they were just as worried. I sighed and shook my head with a small smile.

Jahoon: Don't worry about it. I'm just a little tired since I had to pack and check a few times that I had everything I needed last night. Just some sleep and I will be fine.

Saerom: We still have a long way from home. You can take a quick nap if you want to. We will wake you up when we get there. Then you will be able to sleep a bit more comfortably.

Jiwon: You can lean on me and take a rest if you want to.

Jahoon: Thank you guys.

I carefully leaned against Jiwon’s shoulder as she wrapped her arms around me, cuddling me closer to her. It was only a matter of minutes before I fell asleep.













 

Jiwon: Jahoon. Wake up. We have arrived.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter