Chapter 8. Experts

Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jahoon: Finally a free day!

I rolled around in bed and stretched my body. Mimi jumped up on the bed and right on top of me, punching the air out of me.

Jahoon: Mimi! I really love you girl but why?!

I wrestled around with Mimi playfully. After a while, I plopped down and tried to catch my breath. Mimi was laying on top of me as she wagged her tail.

Jahoon: Should we go and visit Grandpa and Grandma? It has been a long time since I have visited Mom and Dad after all.

Mimi barked, making me look at her with a raised eyebrow. Mimi jumped up and down on the bed as if she was trying to get me to hurry up and get ready.

Jahoon: You foodie. You only want to go there because you know that you will get a lot of food from Grandma and Grandpa when you are there. You silly girl.

Mimi barked and poked me with her nose to show her annoyance. She huffed, showing that she was upset. I chuckled at her and apologized to her as I scratched her behind her ear and kissed her on her head. I got out of bed and prepared myself for going out. Before going I made breakfast for both Mimi and me, although I bet that Mimi wasn’t that keen about it since it meant that she wasn’t able to eat a lot of treats at my parents' house.

Jahoon: You know that you will get an upset tummy if you don’t eat your breakfast before eating all of the treats you are going to get.

Mimi barked sassily at me, sometimes I really thought that she was my human child or something. I got Mimi safe in the car and drove over to my parents' house. They are probably going to be surprised when I show up at their doorsteps out of the blue.







 

I knocked on the door and it opened to reveal my mom standing behind it. Mom covered and looked at me with surprise as she tried not to scream too loudly. She jumped up and down and jumped at me in a hug.

Mom: My baby! My precious little baby! It is so amazing to see you again! I’m so happy~

Mom pulled a bit away and cupped my face to plant kisses all over my face. I scrunched my nose in a slight bit of disgust and tried to pull away from her.

Jahoon: Mom!

????: Hey! I thought I was your precious child!

Mom pulled away from me as we both looked at my sister who decided to pop her head out of the door. I stuck my tongue out at her as she did the same back. Mom sighed and held her head as she shook it.

Mom: You guys are really unbelievable. You would believe that you guys are five years old or something. Not that you guys are doctors and lawyers.

Jina & Jahoon: It’s her fault!

Both Jina and I pointed at each other as we looked at Mom. Mom rubbed her temples.

Mom: Alright you silly kids. Go inside the house now.

Mom pushed the both of us inside. Both Jina and I couldn’t help but laugh a bit at Mom, making her laugh with us. It was nice to be back home.







 

Jina: I’m getting too old to run after a child.

Jahoon: Yeah, you are old.

Jina snapped her head at me and slapped me hard on the shoulder. I grabbed the spot and pouted at her.

Jahoon: That was mean~

Mom: Jahoon! Jina! Come to the dinner table! It is time to eat!

Both Jina and I stood up and walked to where the rest of the family was. I came home today and expected to see Mom and Dad, maybe possibly Jina but to my surprise most of the family was here. They had all planned to gather together without telling me! Or more they did but I was “too busy” to read the messages in the family group chat. We sat down at the table and Mom and my aunt scooped rice for each of us. Soon after we began eating and chatting.

Dad: How is the new work? Have they all been treating you well? No problem at all?

Jahoon: Don’t worry Dad. They have all welcomed me very well and even let me into their friend group.

Dad: I know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter