Chapter 16. Returning

Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was lying on my bed when someone called my phone. I picked it up without looking at the screen.

Jahoon: Hello?

Saerom: Jahoon! Can you open your door for me? I'm standing right in front of your apartment right now.

Jahoon: Wait what?

I got up and walked over to the door and opened it to see Saerom looking at me with a smile on her face.

Jahoon: What are you doing here?

Saerom: Aren't you going to invite me inside first?

I shrugged and moved out of the way so that she could enter. We sat down in the living room after I got her a cup of coffee.

Saerom: I know that you want me to go straight to business right now. I want you to come back to the company. And before you say anything, yes I know that it won't be good when the employees get to know about it and yes I also know that it may be affecting the company badly but I don't care. I know that you didn't do anything wrong. Yes, you may be the one to hit them but they were wrong in the first place, not you.

Jahoon: Even if it was their fault to start with, I was also at fault for hurting them as well. As for your request, I will have to decline. I can’t bring myself to do that and basically destroy the company that you have built up almost on your own from the inside out. I wouldn’t be able to bear it if it ever happened. I’m sorry Saerom but it is not going to happen.

Saerom: I knew that you were going to say that but alright. I will give you some time though to think over it. Even if you say no now, the offer will still be on the table for you no matter when.

Saerom stood up from her seat and walked over to me to give me a hug and a smile. A few seconds later she was out of the door since she had a meeting to attend. I laid back down on my bed with the back of my hand on my forehead as I looked at the ceiling. There was no way that was going to happen. I can’t let the girls' hard work go to waste.



















 

Jiwon: You know the girls are missing you a lot. They are asking about you a lot and want to see you again.

Jahoon: I know that they probably do but it’s best for them not to see me or else they will get into my trouble and they don’t deserve that. Even you but you are really too stubborn to listen to me.

Jiwon wrapped her arms around mine as we walked around in the park, enjoying the weather. Jiwon looked at me with a slight glare as she stuck her tongue out at me.

Jiwon: I’m not stubborn, it's just because I care about you. You shouldn’t go through all of this alone. You did nothing wrong so you shouldn’t suffer the consequences of any of it. You should return to the company to show them who is in charge. That way we will get them in the end.

Jahoon: I don’t know…

I leaned my back up against the railing as we stopped at a river for a small break. Jiwon looked at me as she sighed and grabbed my hand in hers.

Jiwon: Please come back to the company. It’s not the same without you there. Please… for me?

I turned my head to look at her and saw her puppy eyes. How could I say no to that? I sighed in defeat. Jiwon knew what it meant and wrapped her arms around me in excitement as she jumped up and down a bit. Listening to her giggle made me giggle with her for a while before it hit me with what I had just done.






















 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter