Chapter 3. The first task

Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jahoon: Mimi, which one should I wear? Bark once for the dark blue one or bark twice for the black one.

I kneeled down to Mimi's height and showed her the ties. She came over and sniffed both of them before barking twice indicating the black one. And people say that dogs can't understand us.

Jahoon: The black one? Alright, what you say is my law. You have such a classic taste. Also, how did you manage to choose a tie that fits this well with my suit? Do I look good?

I did a spin as Mimi barked, which I took as a yes. I prepared myself for another day of work and made sure that Mimi had everything she needed before heading to work.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Gyuri: Good morning Jahoon. I must say that you really know how to dress yourself because you are looking good today just like yesterday.

Jahoon: I'm just wearing a different color suit. It's no match to that beautiful dress you are wearing today. It really compliments you and your features but then again, you are a goddess after all so you can pull anything off.

Gyuri waved it off shyly but I could see her getting happy from it and that is the most important thing to me. We walked inside my office and I sat down in my chair.

Gyuri: Today Saerom has assigned you a task to clear. It was a task of our old lawyer but he never managed to complete it. It is an easy task to start up with.

Jahoon: Even though I choose to go this way myself, I have to say that there isn't anything easy in the world of law but come with it. I won't go down easily.

Gyuri: You will have to work with the game department in this case. They are about to finish their prototypes and ideas. for their new game. Your task will be to make sure that any laws aren't broken and that we can claim all the rights for it so no one will be able to copy us.

Jahoon: Sounds like an easy clear-cut case but based on your expression there is a catch to it.

Gyuri: Unfortunately there is. You will be working with Seoyeon and Jiwon to get the details of the game needed for the case. Seoyeon is a sweet girl to work with but the problem here is Jiwon. She is a sweet and nice girl but she can have a bit of a problem with strangers. That is why she never really managed to get that close to our last lawyer.

Jahoon: Well, maybe I'm the one to change that? I have heard that I'm quite the charm and a person to easily befriend.

Gyuri: And truly believe that but Jiwon is something else. Don't tell me later that I didn't warn you.

I looked at Gyuri like she was joking but she was really looking adamant about it. I bit the inside of my cheek, fearing for the worst. I stood up from my chair and fixed my suit with a nod.

Jahoon: Alright, noted. Thanks for the warning. Let's just hope that the first meeting won't be that bad.

We walked out of the room and straight to the game lab, greeting people on the way there. I used my work id to scan myself in, which was unsurprising as well as surprising that it worked. As soon as I walked inside I felt like I was in my little brother's room. It was like the normal gaming room that you would have expected just on a larger scale. There were a few big screens hanging around showing some game statistics and there was even a live competition on one of them.

Seoyeon: Gyuri! Jahoon! Fancy seeing you guys here! What does our humble game community owe you guys' attention?

Jahoon: A little bird gave me some information that you guys were nearing the completion of your new game so I thought I would lend a hand in terms of the rights and copyrights stuff.

???: It's fine. We don't need your help.

A small girl walked over to where we were standing and looked at me with a kind of death glare. Chills ran through my body but I wasn't sure if it was because of the glare or because of how beautiful she was.

Gyuri: Jiwon! Don't be like that! She is our new lawyer so you will have to work with her no matter if you like it or not! Also, this is a task given to all of us by Saerom so we have to follow through with her order whether you like it or not.

Gyuri and Jiwon kind of glared at each other, like a battle. Seoyeon and I were standing looking at them, not quite sure what we should do.

Jahoon: Alright, alright. Let's not get mad at each other. We can work this out together. We are all friends after all.

Jiwon: We are but I'm not with you. I will only let this go because of Gyuri, Seoyeon, and Saerom but don't expect me to be nice to you.

Jiwon began walking away as Gyuri, Seoyeon and I looked after her. She then all of a sudden turned around and looked at us with annoyance.

Jiwon: What are you guys doing?! We have work to do!

She turned back around and continued to walk towards what seemed like to be their meeting room or their office. I looked at Gyuri and Seoyeon as they looked at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter