Chapter 4. Jealous

Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I arrived at the company at the same time as Saerom and another girl that I hadn't seen before. I got out of my car and greeted both of them.

Jahoon: Good morning Saerom! And good morning…

Jisun: I'm Roh Jisun. It is nice to finally be able to meet you. Both Saerom and the other girls have only said nice things about you. Sadly I wasn't able to greet you sooner as I was on vacation with my family.

Jisun reached her hand out to me for a handshake. I did as indicated and smiled at me.

Jahoon: It is nice to meet you too. The girls have also only said nice things about you so I was really interested in meeting you. I hope that you had a good vacation.

Jisun: Thank you, I did have a good vacation. You are just like what everyone has told me about but to be honest I think everyone has underplayed their compliments about you.

Saerom: Excuse me but I did not underplay my compliments of Jahoon. It is not my fault that she is such a sweet, caring, gentle, and warm person as she is. No compliments in the world are enough for Jahoon.

I giggled and shook my head at them, waving off their sweet words. We walked inside the building and bumped into Hayoung, Jiheon, and Jiwon.

Hayoung: Jahoon!

Hayoung ran over to me and wrapped her arms around me in a hug. I giggled at her as Saerom and Jisun sighed and shook their heads at her. Hayoung pulled away with a big smile on her face. Jiheon was much more calm as she walked over to me and hugged me as well. I looked over to Jiwon to catch her staring at me but quickly turned her head when she noticed that I was looking at her. It was only a few days ago that I caught her from falling and hurting herself from the ladder but it still has been awkward between the two of us. Mostly because we haven't seen each other much since then and because Jiwon kind of tried to keep her distance away from me.

Chaeyoung: What is this group meeting here in the morning?

We all turned around to see Gyuri, Chaeyoung, Seoyeon, and Nagyung walking over to us. Seoyeon and I had become close since we worked together. Seoyeon walked over to me as we did our signature handshake with each other. The other girls looked at us with a raised eyebrow.

Nagyung: When did the two of you become this close together?

Seoyeon: When Jahoon helped Jiwon and me with the copyright claim for our new game. I actually found out that we had much in common. But it is not that hard to be friends with Jahoon, she is such a friendly person when you get to know her.

Saerom: That is good to hear! I knew that you would greet her well and I’m glad that we are gathered here together right now. It saves me time from having to go to each of you. I actually wanted to invite you guys out for dinner later tonight. It has been almost about a month since Jahoon joined our team. I wanted to throw a party for her the day she joined the company but unfortunately, I was busy so are you guys on the plan tonight? And of course, if Jahoon is free and on the plan too?

Saerom looked at me with a hopeful look on her face. I smiled and nodded to much relief for Saerom as well as the other girls. Every one of the girls cheered in favor of it and chimed in for their involvement.

Saerom: What about you Jiwon? Are you going to join us?

We all turned to look at Jiwon. She opened and then closed it again before turning to look at me. I smiled softly at her as she glanced at me for a second and turned her head back to look at Saerom.

Jiwon: I will come.

Saerom: Great! Then it’s all settled, we will have a welcoming party for Jahoon! Now let’s get to work before we get too far behind with it.

We all split up as Gyuri and I made our way to our office.

Gyuri: Is there something going on between you and Jiwon?

Jahoon: Not that I know of. Just me still trying to befriend her and her still pushing me away. Nothing different from before. Why?

Gyuri: Really? It’s just that I have never seen Jiwon look at anyone with that kind of look in her eyes. Not even with her friends.

I looked at Gyuri with my head tilted a bit as we took the elevator up. I was a bit confused about what she meant. In my eyes, it was the same look as when she looked at the other girls but it could just be me being oblivious. Well, friends catch on to stuff like that easier than others. I kept quiet and just shrugged, acting like nothing happened. None of the girls knew about the small accident that Jiwon had as I didn’t tell anyone about it and neither had Jiwon. It is not my position to tell them about it. The only sad thing about it was that Jiwon tried to avoid me even more than before, not giving me a chance. Hopefully, the dinner tonight would give me a chance to befriend her for real.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After work, I quickly got back home and took a shower and a change of clothes. I got back into my car and drove over to Gyuri to pick her up as planned. I got out of the car and knocked on the door to her house as it opened to reveal an unknown girl.

???: You must be here for Gyuri! I’m her roommate Nayoung. You can come inside and wait for her! I know she will be ready soon.

Nayoung ushered me inside and made me wait in the living room as she made her way up to Gyuri’s room. I looked around and saw pictures of them both. There were even pictures of them when they were younger, all the way back to middle school. It seems like they have been close friends for a while. I picked up one picture of Gyuri. It seemed like it was from middle school or something. It is fair to assume that she has been pretty since birth. I heard footsteps coming from the stairs so I placed the photo back down and made my way to the stairs to see Nayoung walk

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter