Six

The One I Want
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Minju-ssi, I just need you to tell me one thing."

The girl gulps, standing in the dean's office, in front of the dean himself. Behind him was Yujin who had her wounds treated, leaning against the desk as if it were hers.

"What happened at the ice skating rink?" He puts his hand behind his back. Body language all strict, and face is dull.

Minju saw all this coming. She looks at Yujin, about to give an honest answer but the latter mouths, "Kim Minhyun." She did a slit-throat action, smiling derisively.

"Hm?" The dean urges an answer from Minju who grips the end of her skirt.

"I don't know," she said.

"You were there."

"I'm sorry, but I don't know anything." She pleads.

"Be honest with me."

"I seriously don't know a single thing."

"Okay." He knew the girl wasn't in the place to answer with Yujin in the same room. "If you're not going to tell me, you'll be in charge of roadside cleaning for the rest of the week."

Well, leaves are falling, blocking the entrance of the school.

Minju kept her head low, giving a small glare to Yujin who gave her a thumbs up.

She walks out of the office, hearing the dean scolding Yujin like every other day.

"Do you know why we still accepted you into this school when graduation's around the corner? Why do you keep getting yourself in trouble? You were in an honours class, that's why we took you in. You had the potential to..."

Minju walks with her eyes pinned on the floor and accidentally bumps into someone she didn't want to see. Especially when she just got a punishment. Minhyun was on his way to the teacher's office.

Minju quickly turns around, walking the long way. Tough luck, Yuri appeared in front of her and shouted, "Ya! Kim Minju! You went out with Yujin and got into a fight?!" She couldn't be more obvious.

Minju covers , shaking her head. Yuri raises an eyebrow, glancing at who she was referring to. Minhyun stops at the door.

"Can we get back to class first?" Minju begs, not wanting to embarrass herself in front of the guy she likes.

"Kim Minju?"

The brunette froze on the spot when her name was called. Minju turns around, internally panicking. What will Minhyun think of her now? Associating herself with Yujin?

He stops in front of her, a kind face greeting her for once. Minju didn't know what he was doing but with him around, she could barely function.

"We should go ice skating sometime." He smiles, giving a brief tap on her shoulder before going to run his errands.

Yuri went beside her, also baffled. "Did he just..." She reenacts the shoulder tap. "He noticed you." She gasps softly.

"He asked me out." Minju turns to her. "He asked me out?" She realises and starts shaking Yuri out of excitement.

"I wouldn't say he did, but think whatever you want." She chuckles sheepishly.

After school, Minju does her punishment at the gate while everyone's busy going home.

Instead of dreading it, she was happily dancing, using the broom as her microphone because she was on cloud nine.

Minhyun talked to her. Though it was only one sentence, it meant a lot to her.

"Minju-ah." The security guard came out of his post. "Can you help me watch over? I need to go to the bathroom real quick."

Minju nods as she continues sweeping the floor. "It's a good day." She breathes in the fresh air, glancing into the school.

She sees two people walking out. Wonyoung and Minhyun. It's not a good day after all. Why are they together, again?

She hid behind the wall, hoping not to see them. She couldn't help but peek to see the two waiting at the side of the road.

She heard something along the lines of Wonyoung waiting for her parents to fetch her home. Minhyun waits with her, dragging the time Minju had to hide.

Why did she want to hide? She doesn't know, but it's better than having those two watch her sweep the floors. Embarrassing.

"What if my mom finds out? I can't hide it for long. It'll only get more obvious."

"If she does, I'll talk to her. She'll understand where I'm coming from."

Minju furrows her eyebrows, getting a little curious.

"She'll not be happy about it. No one will be."

Minhyun pats the back of Wonyoung's head. "I'm the father. I'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter