Three

The One I Want
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Gloomy sky, crows flocking by. A group of students gathered at the school's rooftop.

"Get up." A girl with dreary, black hair orders, foot stepped on a timid guy who was on all fours.

He shudders out of fear as the pressure on his back intensifies. "I'm sorry."

"Huh?" She leans down a tat bit. She's tall for a girl, being closer to six feet than five.

All she heard was an unwilling sigh. "I said I'm sorry."

Another guy came up and knock the top of his head. "Watch your tone," he warns, glancing at the girl who took a step back.

"What do you want me to do? Throw him into the pool or take all his money? Or better, take his girl—"

"Please...please, Yujin-ah. I won't do it again." The guy begs, going on his knees. Though he's taller, he was no match for someone who did the black belt twice.

Why twice? She was bored.

Yujin lowers herself, grabs a fistful of his hair, and looks at his busted lip. "You won't do it again?"

He nods frantically, hoping she'll have some mercy on him. "Don't mess with her again or I'll make sure you'll not bear children." Yujin pulls on his ear.

One of her friends chortled and said, "She'll cut your balls off if you touch Wonyoung again."

Yujin flung him back on the ground. About to give one last blow to his face, she got her arm seized by an unannounced participant.

"What do you think you're doing?" Minhyun made her stand. He witnessed everything and is supposed to be here to check the area. "Is bullying all you can do?"

Yujin pushes his arm off. "What the do you want?" He doubles her frustration.

"Apologise," he says nicely.

The girl mocks, pushing him to step back. "You apologise." She challenges him, nudging him further. "Who are you to ask me to apologise? Unless you wanna be like him, screw off."

Minhyun held onto her arms tightly, causing the other guys around to step up. "Don't think I won't dare to hit you."

"Hey, hey!"

"A like you won't even hit a fly." Yujin blankly glares, shaking his hands off. "Go back to your girly girl routine. Bothering us won't up your school credit." She scoffs, telling the guys to follow her.

The school's roof is her turf. Everyone in the school comes up here for a death wish.

The girl has won several fights, official and unofficial. Beating up whoever comes in her way was her speciality, leaving them a last wish to live. Whatever it was, she was good at what she was doing. Even guys don't want to mess with her.

Not one guy likes her. But she's fine with that.

Minju who was on rooftop cleaning duty chanced upon the gang, quickly hiding behind the door. "He looked pretty beaten up." She holds onto the broom tightly, thinking of it as a weapon.

"Should I just run? No one's checking on me anyway." She thought about it, but was too late when the door opened against her face.

Yujin pushes harder. Thinking something was blocking the door, she peeks behind to see Minju smiling awkwardly.

"What are you looking at?" Her tone was as dark as that hair, sending shivers down the brunette's spine.

"N-Nothing."

Yujin's eyes examine her before she goes her way. The guys behind her tried scaring Minju who flinches without hesitation. I shouldn't be late ever again.

When the group was gone, she finally breathed. Standing properly, she goes to the door just to bump into the love of her life.

She held in a gasp when Minhyun's gaze met hers. Her cheeks flushed red but all she saw was a frown on his forehead.

He didn't say a word. Minju's hand stayed in the air, failing a wave.

The guy walked down the stairs, nonetheless.

Minju looked down the railing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter