Forty-Two

The One I Want
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minju helps Yujin with some stuff in the bedroom, packing them into boxes. The girl was washing the dishes after their dinner. "She has many winter clothes," she mumbles, folding the sweaters. "How cold does it get here?"

Yujin walks through the door while patting her hands dry. "You're already at the sweaters? That's fast." She sits next to her on the floor, helping out.

"Doing these things are easy. People say it's stressful but I destress."

"Housewife material." Yujin earned a slap to her shoulder. "I'm not wrong." She shrugs, arranging her clothes in the box.

"Who's she to you?"

"Who?"

"Lara."

Yujin looks at her. "My friend. Why?" She looks bothered.

Minju shakes her head. "It's nothing." She was thinking too much. There was a possibility Yujin dated someone while she was here. Minju never ruled that out. Seeing Lara made her think that way.

Yujin figured she should know. "She confessed to me," she says. "A year ago."

Minju stops folding the last clothing, getting intrigued.

"I was here for a year before she told me everything. That she liked me. We met at the store down the hill where she worked at. She started talking to me since then even when I barely knew how to communicate with her. I thought she was nice so it didn't hurt to make a new friend. I had none here. So naturally, we got close. But I never thought of her as more than a friend."

"Why?"

"Because I thought of you. I never thought of liking anyone but you. How can I like someone else? It only took a month for you to settle down in my head. Before I knew it, I left my heart with you. How was I supposed to forget everything? I wrote that letter for a reason. Because I didn't want to leave you completely. I knew I was going to come back whether things change or not."

Minju watched her pull the box to the corner of the room. Yujin stood properly and noticed the I didn't know all that look on her face.

"Although I wrote it in a way like I wasn't going to come back," she said. Was she jealous? I know Lara can be a little... "If I told you you're the only person I think of, will you believe me?"

Minju didn't know how to respond. She doesn't know what went through Yujin's head for the past two years for her to believe anything.

Yujin sits on the chair. "Come here." She reaches for Minju and settles her on her lap with her legs on either side of her. She cups the brunette's face, reading those eyes. "Are you jealous?"

"A little bit."

"Why?" Yujin wanted to know what exactly she did that made her feel that way.

"If you met a friend of mine you've never seen before and they suddenly get all physical to the point it feels like they know me better than you. Will you not be jealous?"

"I won't," Yujin spoke too fast. "Same timeline?"

"Same timeline."

"Then I will. No doubt. I'll be jealous of the time they get to spend with you when I couldn't. How would I know what you did within those two years?" Yujin saw a look and realised. "Ah. Is that what you feel?"

She didn't even need a nod from Minju to understand how she feels. If Yujin went by numbers, she spent more time with Lara than she did with Minju. But during all that time, the brunette was the only person on her mind.

Though it might be different for Minju.

"It's uncomfortable," Yujin says. She tries to think of a way so Minju wouldn't be jealous. But she can't possibly cut out Lara from her life. That wouldn't make her human to hurt someone that did nothing to her.

"Do you love me?"

Minju's words caught her off guard. They somehow made her heart beat a thousand times faster. "You know I do," she said. "It would take more than words for me to tell you how much I love you. I don't think you'd find someone who'd throw everything away just to come back to you."

Yujin was beyond confident to know who she loves.

"If I'd get to choose between being a hero or a villain, I'd choose to be a villain. No matter what. I'd kill the whole world to save you rather than kill you to save everyone else who mean nothing to me. If we were in a book, whatever the trope is, whether I get hurt in it or not, as long as I'm with you at the end, that's the only thing that matters." Yujin snickers as if it wasn't obvious enough.

"Enemies to lovers? Okay. Friends to lovers? Not as exciting but okay. Second chances? Even if it'll take a million chances, I'd take every opportunity to find you again. Strangers to lovers? I'd walk by again to make you believe there's fate. Forced proximity? I'd beg to be forced somewhere with you so I can never leave you. Whatever happens or whatever I do, as long as I'm with you, nothing else matters because I know it'll be fun."

"What if it's boring?" Minju rests her hands on her shoulders.

Yujin blinks. "I don't think readers would mind as long we're in it. If they don't like it, it's okay. At least I'll be alone with you." She grins, getting smacked in the arm.

"I'd do anything to be with you. I don't want to waste any more time. The only people who should be jealous are them. Not you. I'm all in so you don't have to worry. I have nothing to lose and I'm never going to lose you. There won't be any what-ifs because I'll make sure those what-ifs won't happen. The future can't be predicted? I'll make the right choices to let you know how much I love you so you could predict everything that'll happen to us," she says. "I'll treat you differently from other people. I'll treat you so well that everyone would be jealous of you. I want to grow with you until I can safely say I deserve you. I don't deserve you. But I can't see anyone else who deserves you. So I'll become the one who deserves you. Why?" Yujin tilts her head.

"Because I love you."

No matter how many times she has rehearsed ways to tell Minju what she feels, it still gives her the shivers and causes her heart to go out of control.

Yujin doesn't expect a certain reaction. All she wanted was for Minju to know what went on in her head when it comes to loving her.

It'll never be enough. But Yujin got some of it through.

She takes a peek at Minju's lips as her fingers curl into the sides of her shirt. The brunette could feel the subtle vibrations coming from her.

"Why is your heart beating so fast?"

"Because I want to kiss you," Yujin says. "Can I kiss you? Is that okay?"

They have yet to share their first kiss. If this is how it'll happen, Minju would say she loved the consent as much as she loved surprises.

"You didn't have to ask—"

Yujin's hand slips beneath her ear, snatching her into a yearning kiss. Almost too sudden for Minju to realise they were kissing.

Her arms went around the girl's neck, feeling her hand at her lower back, pulling her closer. Yujin's back leaves the chair and pins against Minju's body as if nights together weren't enough for the latter to feel her.

Minju has always wondered if Yujin has lip balm of any sort for that soft lips of hers she sees from a distance. Now that she feels them against hers, they were soft-soft. Her kiss felt too good for Minju to pull back.

All she could do was lean in further and feel the latter's smile against her lips. Moments before she suffocates, she parts their lips for a second.

Minju looks at her all surprised. "Huh." She reacts. Yujin has exceeded her expectations.

"Why?" The taller girl takes in a few deep breaths, preparing herself for the rest of the night if they were going to continue.

"Are you sure you didn't do anything while you're here?" Minju leans forward with narrowed eyes, putting an inch between their gaze.

Yujin mirrors her actions. "Why? Does my kiss surprise you?"

"It did."

"So you think I'm a good kisser."

"I do."

"Very honest." Yujin's voice went a little higher as if she were talking to a toddler. "Do you want more?" She plays with the hem of Minju's shirt.

"What are you thinking?" The brunette was ready to dive into whatever ideas were brewing in Yujin's head.

"Two girls. In a house at midnight. In the middle of nowhere with no one around. What could they possibly do?" Yujin pushes a yelp out of Minju when she carries

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter