Twenty-Three

The One I Want
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yujin busily scrolls through her phone in a new cafe that opened by the Han River. Oak-style hut, filled with customer-painted paintings displayed on the walls. She heard their drinks here aren't too bad.

But she wasn't here for the coffee. It's an important day for her and she can't mess it up. The little box that sat beside her on the empty chair, an envelope placed above it, was why she was here today.

"Why are there so many pictures of frogs..." She looks at her Instagram explore page.

When the bell of the door rings, she looks up to see the person she called here today. Wonyoung. But what she didn't expect was the brunette tailing behind her.

"What is she doing here?" Her eyes stayed on Minju as the two girls sat in front of her.

The brunette realised what this is, wondering why Wonyoung brought her here.

"What are you doing here?" Yujin asked Minju.

"What are you doing here?" The brunette questions. The two of them looked at Wonyoung who just smiled.

"You said we're coming to a new cafe. I thought she should come too."

"Why?" Yujin was stumped. It was just supposed to be them. A date. So why is Minju here?

"She's our friend. Why would you keep something like this from her?" Wonyoung tilts her head.

Yujin flattens her lips, dimples showing. "You should call Yena and Yuri too then. If you want, Minhyun can come too." She spoke in total sarcasm.

"Should I—"

"Nope. Don't do that. It's fine." Yujin looks at Minju. "I have things to ask her anyway." The brunette gave her a 'what?'.

Wonyoung slowly nods, standing up. She asked what they wanted to drink and both of them didn't have a preference.

Yujin was just a little irritated. A little bit. Why? "Why didn't you reply me the other day? You left me all alone to think of an idea."

"Idea for what?" Minju recalls forgetting to reply to the message she got when she was over at Wonyoung's. "Ah...that?" Yujin's going to ask Wonyoung to be her girlfriend, officially.

"What have you been doing to be so busy?" Yujin shakes her head in disappointment. "We still have a deal going on." She reminds her.

Yujin secretly slides the little box to Minju. "Help me check." It looked like something a person would give upon a confession. A jewellery box.

"Check what?"

"If she'll like it."

"Just do it. If she likes it, she'll like it." Minju pushes it back to her. "Why are you asking me?"

"Because you're supposed to help me."

Minju sighs. "It'll work out. Aren't you always confident?"

Wonyoung came back with the drinks, ceasing their conversation. They talked like every other day. Yujin was just a little nervous about what was to come.

She doesn't know if Wonyoung's going to reject her again like she has been doing. She knew the latter needed time and felt like it has been long enough.

She'll ask again.

After a while, Yujin made up some excuse to bring Wonyoung out of the cafe to go for a walk. Strolling by the Han River was something she has never done before. Not with someone she finds joy in.

Minju sat in the cafe and waited. Their things were still here. A notification appears on her screen.

Minhyun: Where are you?

She has plans with him to go on a movie date that'll be happening in two hours. He insisted on fetching her so she told him where the cafe was.

...

Wonyoung notices the quietness Yujin was giving her. "Are you upset?"

"Me? Upset? Why?" The girl didn't know what she was talking about and looked at the setting sun over the bridge in a distance.

Wonyoung narrows her eyes, putting herself in Yujin's view. "You look pretty upset to me."

The latter looks at her and stops walking. "You wanna know what's making me upset?" Wonyoung nods, seeing Yujin point to her cheek. "I'll tell you when you do this."

The latter mirrors her actions. "What are you doing?"

"Doing what you told me to do." Wonyoung starts laughing when Yujin gave her a look of disbelief. "This is not what you want?"

"I'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter