Nineteen

The One I Want
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri aimlessly scribbles her wooden pencil on the canvas, sighing loudly. "Why is art class compulsory..." She glances at Minju who was diligently sketching the plaster statue that was placed in the middle of the art room.

"I'm aiming for med school." Yuri scoffs, chucking the pencil into the holder. She gives up.

The school provides any necessary lessons for students to find their own passion. Important for seniors.

"Class, 5 more minutes and we'll wrap up for the day." The teacher announces, walking around to check on students' work.

Minju beams when she was done, dusting her hands.

"You got better." She turns to see Wonyoung peeking at her canvas.

Yuri saw the two. The interaction was weird, but not out of the world. She doesn't know how they got close but didn't wanna ask.

All she cares about was lunch in 5 minutes.

"Ya...so art is something you can't do."

Yuri jumped when she heard a voice beside her ear. "How did you get in here?"

Yena folds her arms. "Your teacher didn't mind." She points to the front. "Are you done?" That endearing smile made Yuri snicker.

She faces the latter. "Why do you care if I'm done?" Her voice was full of tease. 

"Cafeteria food is boring. Do you wanna sneak out of school?" Yena wiggles her eyebrows, tilting her head at the door. They do this often even though they could get suspended without a valid reason to exit the school.

Yuri glances out of the class to see Yujin lurking in the hallway, looking in. "Yujin's here."

The two other girls were made aware. Wonyoung was the first to leap out of her wooden stool and out of the class. Minju sat there, observing the two in the hallway.

Yujin's hand was on Wonyoung's head, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. Oh, how affectionate. Too affectionate. Right, Yujin is who Wonyoung likes. Minju puffs a sigh.

Yena taps on the brunette's shoulder, getting her attention. "Do you wanna join us?" She knows those two won't be joining, seeing how they were engaged in their own world.

Minju tidies her stuff up, nodding to her offer.

"Where's Minhyun? I thought he recovered." Yuri pulls Minju along, letting Yena follow them. "Where is he?" She asks Minju.

"How would I know?" They stepped out of class.

Yujin notices the three of them. "Where are you guys going?"

"Out." Yena points with her thumb. "We have an hour anyway."

Yujin asked if Wonyoung wanted to tag along but the girl shakes her head. She has never gone out of school when classes have yet to end. "Once. You're not going to regret it." Yujin convinces, tugging on her wrist.

Wonyoung glances at Minju who was looking out of the building. "We're all going?"

"Let's go." Yena walks ahead impatiently. She's going to go even if those two weren't anyway.

...

They end up at one of the cafes nearby that sells one of the best dishes other than pastries.

Carbonara, pizza, vongole pasta. You name it, they have it. It's affordable too. Famous amongst students in the area.

Yena and Yujin often come here, so they ended up ordering for all of them. That leaves the three at the table.

"Have you been here before?" Wonyoung asks Minju who shakes her head. "Me too. This place must be new."

"It's been around since we entered this school," Yuri said. "She doesn't like pasta, so she's never been here before. And you're too high class to be eating at a place like this." She jokes but none of it was a lie.

Wonyoung looks at Minju. "You don't like pasta?" The girl shakes her head.

"I'll eat, but if I have a choice, then nope."

"Why?"

"Just a preference."

Yuri sensed something with the way Wonyoung looks at her best friend. That observant gaze and endless questions about what Minju likes. It was inexplicable.

As a matter of fact. Between the both of them, they once found Wonyoung bothersome. But that was in the past because they both had a crush on Minhyun and Wonyoung was in the way.

Not until they found out those two had nothing between them.

Now these two girls in front of her are getting along just fine. Yuri's not jealous, but doubtful.

Her gut feelings are strong. They're never wrong. But perhaps they are this time. There was no way she was go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter