Twenty-Six

The One I Want
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Late in the night, the dog barks slowly falter as the neighbourhood goes into slumber.

In a standalone house, lights were still , brightening the dimness.

"I'm definitely stronger than he is. All the big guys fall in the first minute." Minjun tuts, shaking his head in disappointment as he watches Physical 100, a new competition of strength on Netflix.

Knock knock

That didn't bother him as he was distracted by the cheering sounds of the tv.

Knock knock

Thinking he heard something, he pauses the show to listen. "Is someone at the door?" Minjun was a little creeped out because someone would have to get through their gate to get to their door.

The dog would bark too but he heard nothing.

Knock knock

"Jesus." He stands up and goes to the door, holding onto a small pillow in case something happens. "I think I forgot to lock our gate." He was the last to be home.

Despite his big build from the gym, he timidly looks through the peephole. "Oh?" He sees someone familiar. "Isn't that the pretty girl that brought Minju home?"

He opens the door. "What are you—" Wonyoung falls onto him as he manages to hold her up. "Excuse me. Uh, what's her name? Are you...drunk?" He smelt alcohol on the latter.

"Minju," Wonyoung whispers. "Is Minju here?" She tries to stand by herself with the whole world spinning, leaning against the door frame.

The brunette comes down the stairs, annoyed at the constant knocks on the door when she's trying to study. "Someone's at the do—" Minju stops talking when she sees Wonyoung looking at her.

"Your pretty friend." Her brother points as Wonyoung walks into the house.

Minju quickly goes to her when she sees the latter stumbling. "Kim Minju~" Wonyoung hugs her, using her to balance herself.

"What are you doing here?"

"I came to see you."

"Did you drink?" Minju stands her up, seeing a dazed smile on the girl. Her cheeks were slightly red.

"A lot," Wonyoung smiles. "I missed you." She hugs the brunette again.

Minju looks at her brother who just shrugged. "I don't know the password to her house."

"Just let her sleep in your room then. She looks pretty drunk to me." Anyone could tell that.

"She came herself?" She asks her brother since he was the one who opened the door.

"Yup. Don't disturb me. I'm watching my show."

Minju tries to make Wonyoung let her go but it didn't work. "Where's Yujin? Why isn't she here?" She expected the girl to be with her. "I don't think she'll let you go around drunk like this." 

"Don't call Yujin." The taller girl holds onto her shoulders and stands up. "I came here to see you, not her."

Minju narrows her eyes. All she sees was Wonyoung's little smile and heavy eyelids. She sighs, supporting the girl to her room.  

Releasing Wonyoung onto her bed, she scratches her head. "Did Yujin do something? What made you drink this much? Who are you even drinking with?"

"Minju-ah." Wonyoung turns on the bed, opening one eye which made her look as if she were winking. "It's Minju, right? I came to the right house, right?"

"She isn't even in her right mind. Why is she looking for me?" Minju brushes her hair back, thinking of what to do.

She grabbed her phone and thought of calling Yujin but Wonyoung told her not to. Maybe she wants someone to talk to about Yujin? That's the only thing Minju could think of if she doesn't want Yujin to be involved.

But why is Wonyoung drunk? "Ah, it's today," Minju recalls the scholars of the school having a little meeting. Minhyun told her.

"I didn't know alcohol was involved." She squats down, looking at Wonyoung. "Are you okay?" She slowly pokes her cheek to see if she was alive.

"Minju."

"Why do you keep calling me?" The brunette was confused. She sits on the floor.

"Kim Minju."

"Yes?"

"Why didn't you write me that letter?"

Minju hums. "What letter?"

"That letter." Wonyoung frowns. "Why does Yujin have one and I don't...Do you really have something against me?"

"What letter is she talking about..." Minju mumbles. "Ah, that letter?" She remembers forgetting to put one in Wonyoung's before she slipped it into the mailbox.

"Why do you want to curse me? I didn't do anything to you."

Minju held back a laugh when she hears her complaining. Wonyoung doesn't complain a lot, it's hilarious to her to be hearing all this.

"Why are you laughing? This is not funny. What did I ever do to you?" Her frown deepens, trying to make out Minju's face from where she is.

The brunette inches closer. "I didn't know you could be funny when you're drunk."

"I'm not funny. I'm being serious."

"Your face. Your face is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter