Forty-One

The One I Want
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yujin has been back for two weeks at most. Returning to Switzerland was something inevitable since she rushed here because of someone. 

Going to the airport was traumatic for Minju. But knowing she was leaving with the girl she has waited for, it was not all that bad.

Convincing Minju's mother was the easiest thing Yujin could do. They went back to Minju's house to do it. And at the same time, the brunette found the courage to tell who Yujin was to her.

Nerve-racking but it was a success.

Minjung was the happiest since she didn't have to deal with her boss's son anymore and Yujin seemed like a better person for her younger sister.

As of now, they're sitting in the departure hall, waiting to board the plane.

A solo trip. Just the two of them. Who would've imagined?

"There's a first book to this?" Yujin asks, resting her head above Minju's shoulder. "How would I know what happened before this?" The brunette has read the first one and is currently reading the second book.

"She divorced her husband and found her first love. This story's about them."

"Why did they divorce?"

"He had severe anger management issues," Minju said, flipping the page.

Yujin flips it back. "I'm not done." She reads slowly while Minju looks at her. "She has a kid? It's his?"

"Unfortunately."

"That means she has to see her ex-husband almost every week. That kinda ." Yujin sighs, crossing her arms. "Next page."

"Are you reading or am I reading?" Minju chuckles, flipping the page. The latter seemed to be more into the book than she is.

"We're reading." Yujin made the girl look at the book. "Read with me. Hurry."

"We have a lot of time." An hour at most.

"It's getting exciting." Yujin urges her to read.

...

After thirteen long hours and many rounds of minesweeper in the plane, they finally landed in Switzerland. The land of the Alps and chocolate. Minju's favourite.

While it was supposed to be midnight in Korea, it's currently afternoon for the people in Switzerland.

Minju had trouble waking up when they landed. She slept most of the trip but did manage to catch the view from the plane. Spectacular view of the rivers.

Yujin pushes the airport cart and looks at Minju who was dozing off whilst sitting on it. Thinking it was funny, she takes out her phone and snaps a picture. Minju had no idea. She doesn't need to know how many photos of her sleeping Yujin has on her phone.

"Tired?" She pockets her phone.

"Why is it so bright out?" The brunette leans back against her luggage as they made their way to the entrance.

Yujin unwraps the foil of a piece of chocolate she sampled from one of the stores. She snuck it into Minju's mouth. "Better?"

The brunette melts into a smile at the same time the candy in did, tilting her head back. "Where are we going now?"

"I have a friend coming to fetch us."

Minju nods slowly as Yujin brought them out to the taxi stand. She takes out her phone, texting her said friend.

The brunette stood up since they had to return the trolley. She sees Yujin waving at someone which made her look in that direction.

A girl walked towards them. She was the same height as Yujin, maybe a little shorter. She had prominent emerald green eyes that complement well with her natural dirty blonde hair.

When Yujin started speaking some other language, probably German, Minju was completely baffled. She sees the girl giving a tight hug to Yujin. The latter's bright smile made her furrow her eyebrows.

How close are they to be hugging each other? She doesn't remember how long it took for her to hug Yujin when they were friends.

The blonde girl looks at Minju. "Is this..."

"My girlfriend," Yujin said, smiling at the brunette.

"What are you saying?" Minju was confused when the girl opens her arms for a hug. The blonde girl pulls her in briefly without hesitation.

"She's cute." She told Yujin, giving her a proud look.

"I know. She's mine though." Yujin clearly tells her Minju was off limits.

The brunette stares at them both and gets her hand grasped by Yujin. "She's Lara. I met her two years ago when I first came." She takes the carrier with her free hand. They only had one since Yujin didn't need any.

"She's the one who brought me around here." Yujin looks at the blonde girl who smiles sweetly. "She's Minju."

"Minju." Lara liked her name. "Nice to finally meet you."

Yujin translates to Minju since the girl couldn't speak Korean. "Let's go. You can nap on the way there." She brings the brunette to the car.

Lara gets into the driver's seat, wondering why Yujin was going to the back. "You're not sitting here?"

"I'll sit back here. She might need a shoulder to rest on," Yujin says. She looks at Minju who was gazing out the window.

"When did you learn German?"

"While I was here." Yujin sits in the middle seat, shifting nearer to the girl. "The first few months were hell when I didn't know what they were saying. But I joined a language class. I met her at a store but she was also in the class. She was a teacher there." Yujin gestures to Lara.

"How old is she?"

"Same age as us. She teaches for the fun of it." Yujin intertwines her hand with Minju's. "But she's my only friend here. It's hard to find people of the same age here when they're schooling."

"So she's considered close to you."

Yujin gave a somewhat nod. She saw a little pucker before Minju looks out the window again. "She's pretty," the brunette says.

"Right? She's quite pretty."

Minju turns to her and sees Yujin going in between the seats. Did she just agree with me?

"She says you're pretty."

Lara glances, keeping her eyes on the road. "Really?"

Yujin hums. "I think she likes you. It's a good and bad thing. She's my girlfriend. I should feel jealous but so far she likes it here." She looks at Minju who didn't look interested in whatever they were saying. She doesn't blame her though.

Lara reaches for something in the passenger seat, passing Yujin a tiny lunchbox. "You get dizzy." Yujin has a bit of motion sickness. Only cars.

"Thanks." She opens the box to see authentic Swiss cheese. "Her family owns a cheese factory. It's really good." She breaks off the edge, feeding it to Minju.

"Good?"

The brunette nods. "Her family made it?"

"It takes really long." Yujin eats a piece. "I went to the factory before—I just remembered something."

"What?"

Yujin leans in front. "Can you bring us to the chocolate factory? The one we went to last year."

"Now?"

"It's Monday. They give out free chocolate today." Yujin sat back down. "She loves chocolate."

"Okay." Lara makes a turn to another route.

"What are we doing?" Minju asks.

Yujin smiles at her. "Going somewhere to die for. You'll definitely like it." She gave a squeeze to her hand.

...

Minju's eyes could never grow wider when they step into the entrance of a chocolate factory. Everything was so posh, everyone was so kind.

She got served a bite of chocolate the moment she set foot in the place. Everywhere looked like a dream she wishes to stay in.

It was different from the bookstore. The astonished look on Minju's face made Yujin smile. "Don't say no to whoever gives you chocolate here. They'll be mad. They're very proud of it here." She holds onto her shoulders and brings her in. 

Lara tags along, chatting with the staff here.  It's a small town.

"This is crazy." Minju spots a massive chocolate fountain that was accessible to customers. "Do people go crazy here?"

"You would," Yujin says. "Let's go crazy." She excitedly drags Minju along.

They went to different exhibitions here. Every one featured a different type of chocolate. Almost like a museum of chocolate. They could taste the authentic cocoa beans and the smell of it lingers on their bodies.

It's every child's dream to be here.

Lara sees Yujin pulling the brunette wherever possible. "I don't know who's more excited." She chuckles, liking the way Yujin introduces every display as if she were a tour guide.

But this tour guide's just a little too affectionate. 

...

"I don't think I have to eat chocolate until my next life." Minju follows Yujin towards a little hut by the hill. Lara dropped them off, having an errand to attend to.

"Now I'm sugar high." The brunette holds onto her head. "Are we reaching yet?"

Yujin reaches for her, holding her hand as she rolls the carrier over tiny pebbles.

Minju looks off the hill to realise they were going up a small mountain. The view was exactly like what Yujin said. Out of this world.

Humongous Norway spruce trees and rivers connect the Switzerland oak houses. It was breathtaking.

"You wake up to this every morning?" She points to the setting sun. They've been at the factory for a while.

"Every morning," Yujin emphasises as they stopped at a medium-sized oak house. "You never get bored of it." She takes the keys out of her bag, unlocking the door.

Minju coos, ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter