Fourteen

The One I Want
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm excited, I'm excited. We're going on a trip. I'm excited~" Yuri was skipping her way through Minju's room while the girl finished gathering her stuff.

"Why are you excited?"

"Because I'm excited." Yuri giggles, grabbing the coat she hung off Minju's chair. "Ya, hurry. They're all waiting for us." She starts dragging the girl out of her room, and eventually her house.

"Stay safe!" Minju's mother shouts from the kitchen.

The two girls stepped out to see a bike, a yellow scooter, and a white car on the side of the road. Wonyoung also came out at the same time, seeing all of them waiting.

"Wah...who are you going with? I pick this one." Yuri points at Yena who gave a small wink.

Minju looks at the other two. She didn't know they had to pick. About to go to Yujin, Wonyoung was a step ahead. She initially thought she was going with Yujin, but turns out, no.

Minhyun it is. Even better. I guess.

"I'll promise the best service." Minhyun opens the passenger door, gesturing for the brunette to go in. He took her little duffle bag, putting it in the back seat.

When he comes in, Minju asks, "They're going like that? Isn't the campsite an hour away?"

Minhyun looks out the window. "It's going to be cold." He says. "The question is." He looks at Minju. "Why am I the only guy?"

Minju chuckles and shrugs. "You could've brought your friends."

"Nah, I like this better." He starts the engine but realises Minju hasn't put on her seatbelt.

He reaches over, pulling the strap over the brunette. "First time sitting a car?" Minhyun snickers.

Flustered, Minju melts into the seat. "Not really," she said. Glancing out the window, she sees Wonyoung wrapping her arms around Yujin.

Though she feels that wrenching feeling inside of her, that shy smile on Yujin's face says it all. She was over the moon.

...

After hours of jamming to music in the car, getting wind in their faces, the night sky draws upon them as they settled down at one of the campsites. They had a tough time setting up the tents.

The smell of barbequed meat wafts through the air. It was mostly Minhyun cooking since he claims he's the best at doing so.

They sat in a circle with plates of food in their hands.

"How about a game of truth?" Minhyun suggests, flipping the last slice of meat for now. He came back after putting them on spare plates, sitting on the foldable chair next to Yujin.

Everyone agreed on the game as Yena grabbed a bottle from the table. "I'll spin it." She spins, returning to her seat next to Yuri.

Stopping at Yujin, she asks, "Is the person you like here?"

"Why did you ask that question?" Yuri smacks the latter's shoulder.

Yujin shifts her gaze from Minju to Wonyoung. "Yes." She went ahead to spin the bottle.

"Ooo~" Yena looks at Minju as the bottle stops at Minhyun.

"Then do you have a person you like? Is she here?" She wasn't giving up till she asks everyone this question.

"Of course." Minhyun smiles, going to spin the bottle. It spun for a good 20 seconds before landing between Minju and Wonyoung.

"I think it's more to Minju."

"Nah, it's Wonyoung." Yena uses her hand as a form of estimation. "Ok, Wonyoungie." She decides and looks around. "Does anyone have a question?"

Most of them were waiting for the same question because they were curious but Yujin suddenly asks, "Have you ever received a cursed letter?"

Minju was slightly confused, thinking she might've asked the same thing. Why wouldn't Yujin want to know? She could've asked something more dangerous.

"What kind of question is that? Everyone, hit her." Yena commands, going to her just to tickle the hell out of the taller girl. "She clearly doesn't know how to play the game."

...

"Must I sleep alone?" That was the first time they heard a whine coming from Minhyun. He looks at Yujin. "Can you come with me? I mean, we've—"

Yena hits his shoulder. "No one's sleeping with you. You figure things out yourself." She went on to pull Yuri with her, going into one of the tents.

Minhyun sulks, looking at the three girls. "At least I'll have all the space." They have three tents in total.

Minju looks at both of them, realising the situation. "I'll go..." She points to where the other two were, walking.

Yujin stops her. "Where are you going?"

"Yuri," Minju said. She uses her eyes, gesturing at Wonyoung. It's a good chance for her. They get to spend the whole night together and perhaps talk for hours. Maybe giving up sleep.

Wonyoung decides when those two were talking with their eyes. "I'll go sleep with Minhyun. It's impossible to fit three people in one tent."

"But—"

"It's fine. I slept with him before." That came off a little wrong. "We've been friends since we were in diapers." She waves her hand and walks, telling them there's nothing to worry about.

Minju and Yujin just stood there, confused. "Childhood friends?" The brunette looks at her.

"I didn't know that," Yujin mutters, looks down and notices she was holding onto Minju's wrist. "Let's go then." She pulls her towards the tent.

"But—"

"Hurry up." Yujin continues dragging her.

"Why do I have to sleep with you? I'd totally be okay sleeping with him." Minju complains, putting her bags in the corner of the tent.

"You'd do that? I think you won't sleep all night with him beside you."

"Were you thinking like this when I gave you the chance to sleep next to her?"

"It's awkward." Yujin reaches for the blanket they each brought.

Minju scoffs. "That's new." She was about to lie down when Yujin says, "I don't feel like sleeping."

"What does that have to do with me?" The brunette lies down anyway.

Yujin tugs on her blanket. "Let's go out." She continues shaking the girl. "Come on." She exits the tent but pokes her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter