Fifteen

The One I Want
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ya! Wake your asses up! We're going hiking!" Yena shouts, going to the tent that was still asleep. Yuri follows her, all huddled up warmly in her jacket.

Wonyoung and Minhyun were preparing some breakfast.

Yena s the entrance of the tent, revealing the two sleeping girls all over each other, Yujin hugging Minju.

"Were they that tired?" She squats down, pushing the latter's leg off Minju.

Once she did that, she yells, "Wake up!"

"Who's shouting?" Minju rolls onto her back, accidentally elbowing Yujin's chin.

"Ah..." Yujin groans but continues sleeping, not realising who she was hugging.

Yena grins. "What did you two do?"

Minju opens her eyes. She didn't know why she panicked, but immediately shoves Yujin to the other side. A small chuckle escapes from Yujin who laid there comfortably, stretching her limbs.

"Come and eat!" They heard Wonyoung calling.

Yujin and Minju were left alone to get themselves ready. The taller girl sits there, still a little sleepy as she sees Minju looking at her.

"What?"

The brunette lightly flares her nostrils as if something was bothering her before leaving the tent. Yujin snickers, hopping out too.

...

"You're the cause of this." Yujin points to her chin where she got hit earlier.

Minju retorts, "There's nothing."

"You hit me."

Yuri was getting some water from the dispenser just to find out they ran out. "Ya, ya. Stop arguing and help me go get some water." She handed the water dispenser to Minju.

The water tap is a few hundred metres away.

Minju passes it to Yujin. "You do it."

"You'll have to help me."

"No." The brunette stayed seated on the camping chair. "The road there is rocky."

Wonyoung notices the little commotion and decides to help out. "I'll come with you." She told Yujin.

Minju looks at them, giving a little smirk. She got a little pissed when Yujin said, "It's okay. I can handle it."

The face Minju made was priceless. Then why is she making me go?

"It's heavy. I don't want you to fall." Yujin tries managing on her own but Wonyoung follows her anyway.

Minju watched them go on the trail. Yuri sits beside her, noticing the latter's gaze pinned on Yujin's back.

"They look good together." She comments, grasping Minju's attention. Yuri expected her to agree but heard nothing.

"Which trail are we going on?" Minju asks, looking behind her.

Yuri sensed something weird but decides not to question it. "All three trails lead to the same spot. Yena said there was a hot spring there." She points at the top of the hill.

"Since when were you so close to her?"

"Ah, I forgot to tell you."

"Tell me what?" Minju shifts in her seat.

Yuri sighs deeply. "She likes me."

"What?" The girl jolts from her seat.

"I don't know why but it just happened. I thought she was weird trying to talk to me, but she just likes me."

"She likes you?" Minju wonders who would like this best friend of hers.

Yuri nods. "She told me like, eight times?" She tries to recall the times Yena would find her after that one basketball match when Minju was busy being ordered by Yujin.

"Then how did you react? Did she ask you to be her girlfriend or something?" Minju thought since Yena seemed straightforward.

It hasn't been a month since these two met.

"You know I like guys. I've never liked a girl before. I didn't know there was such a thing."

"Then you rejected her?"

"Nope. She's too adorable, it'll hurt my heart to reject her."

"You accepted her?"

"No...we're just." Yuri thinks. "Friends."

"So you don't like her?"

"You want me to like her?"

"No—that's not—what does this have to do with me?" Minju wonders.

"You asked."

"You're not tired?" Wonyoung watched the girl who has been carrying the 10-litre dispenser by herself.

"I'm fine." Yujin adjusts her grip. The girl reaches for the handle, brushing her fingers across the latter's.

"I'm stronger than you think." They carried it together.

Yujin didn't doubt it when it felt lighter. "Just let go if your hand hurts. You don't want blisters."

"Then you'll get blisters."

Yujin shows her left palm to her. "I won't."

"You sure?" Wonyoung looks at her perfectly fine hand. The girl nods.

"I don't see you getting called by teachers these few days." She glances at Yujin. "What changed?"

"You." The girl answers. "I'm changing for you."

"Why?"

"You already know. Do you like to hear it that much?" Yujin tilts her head, unconsciously smiling.

She looks at Wonyoung who was still waiting. "Because I like you," Yujin said. "You'll hear it more often if you agree to be my girlfriend." Too bold.

Wonyoung smiles, shaking her head as they arrived back at the campsite.

"Hurry up. We'll go on different trails." Yena helps Yujin with the dispenser, placing it aside.

"Different trails?" The taller girl questions when they could all go together. A small slap was given to the side of her body.

"I'm helping you," Yena whispers. "Okay." She claps once, gathering all six of them.

"I'll go with Yuri on the first trail, Minhyun with Wonyoung on the second, Yujinie with Minju on the third. I did a random draw."

That wasn't what Minju expected. Yuri gave a slap to the girl's shoulder. "Wrong pairing." She chews on her words.

"What do you mean? Is there another order?" She was clueless, but not exactly. "This is perfect."

Yujin saw a small frown on Minju's forehead before taking her wrist. "Let's go."

"Where to?"

"The third trail." Yujin brought her back to the tent.

"Why are you the one deciding?" Minhyun complains, earning a brief hiss from Yena. "I mean..." He had no say in a group full of girls.

"This feels like a dating show where I get zero chances." He mumbles, heading to his tent with Wonyoung following behind.

The girl looks over her shoulder to see Yujin helping to fill up their bottles with Minju nagging next to her. She tilts her head, not knowing why she felt weird.

...

"I'll see you guys in an hour or two." Yena immediately disappears, dragging Yuri along.

Wonyoung watched as Yujin brings Minju along by the handle of her little backpack. She shouldn't be concerned, but she was.

"Come on, the hot spring doesn't wait all day," Minhyun mutters, tone a little dejected. "You're stuck with me for now." He gestures for Wonyoung to follow.

Yujin looks behind her to see Minju struggling when they weren't even a minute into hiking. "Don't blame me. She was the one who picked it. Do you think I wanted this?"

"You could've just said something." Minju was almost out of breath. The trail they were on particularly had many stone stairs.

Yujin stops skipping steps and waits for her. "Think of it as unlucky fate. It's randomised, we have no choice. It's only fair to follow the rules." She continues climbing when the brunette reaches her.

"You're the last person to be following rules." Minju grasps Yujin's bag for support.

"I am now." The taller girl carefully steps onto each step. "Look around. It's nice." She breathes in the fresher air.

"Too steep. I have to keep my eyes on the floor. I don't want to fall. This is not ice skating. I'll actually die if I trip here." She starts overthinking the multiple ways unfortunate incidents can happen, only coming down to scenes she recalls from Final Destination.

Yujin went behind her. "You fall, I fall. So don't fall." She holds Minju's bag, relieving the weight of it at the same time. "Admire the scenery."

"Do I have to listen to you?"

"It'll be a waste if you don't."

As they climbed higher, and higher, Minju found it easier to walk without worrying. Mainly because there wasn't much weight tying her down.

"How long more–wah, look at that." The brunette points to her left. They were going around a cave within the mountain.

Yujin looks, and that's when they bumped into Wonyoung and Minhyun on the other side.

"OI!" Her voice echoes across. Waving her hand, she managed to get the attention of Minhyun who waved back.

"What's different there?!"

"There are more flowers here!" Minhyun shouts.

Yujin looks at the trail they were on.

"All we have are pine trees." She heard Minju say. "I like flowers." She pouts.

Seeing her all disappointed, Yujin looks around the floor and picks up a daisy. "We have flowers." She shows the withered plant to her.

"It's dead."

"We'll see you up there!" Minhyun yells, pointing forward.

Yujin looks at the flower. "What do you want me to do? Give it CPR? It's still alive, just a little dead. It's cold right now." She reasons out.

Minju rolls her eyes and continues climbing up.

"Why do we need flowers? There's one." Yujin tilts her head and Minju's back was all she could see.

Yuri walks a step behind Yena, arms spread wide to balance herself. She's not good with heights, and her centre of gravity is not the best.

Yena slows down, looking behind. "Are you okay?" She sees her struggling. "Do you want to take a break?"

Yuri shakes her head. "We're almost there."

"Come here." Yena brought her to the side, sitting on one of the big rocks. She passes Yuri a bottle of water. "We have all day."

"You were the most excited to go to the hot spring." Yuri takes a sip, maybe a gulp.

The girl puffs a gentle sigh. "That's because I get to be with you." She mumbles softl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter