Thirteen

The One I Want
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yena steps into a neighbouring class, going to Yuri. Well, they got close after the basketball matches the other day.

"Lunch?" She asks the girl.

Minju sees them, wondering what was going on. But she didn't want to dwell on it.

"You coming?" Yena asks the brunette.

"Uhh..." She didn't know why it felt awkward. "Where's Yujin?"

"Oh, you don't know," Yena remembered. "She didn't come to school today."

Wonyoung hears them, listening in.

"Why?" Minju asks. Yena shrugs. "She didn't tell me anything."

On a day like this, Yujin tries her best to stay happy. It has been two years but that very day has never left her. Whenever she thinks about it, it only brings tears to her eyes, inflicting the feeling of bawling for hours.

The one that got away.

She usually skips school whenever she likes, but on this day, it was for something.

To remember the girl who never got a chance to hear how she felt.

In a vast field, near a small hill, Yujin sits in front of a small stone plaque that had the name Kim Chaewon engraved onto it.

She could spend hours here without contact with the world. She ever wonders what her fate with Kims was. They both have anger issues.

"How are you?" She sighs, dusting the surface. "It's been two years. How fast..." Yujin places the latter's favourite snack, steaming hot cheeseballs from the store near their previous school.

"Do you wanna know what happened? In the past year." She crosses her legs. "I met a girl." She presses her lips together.

"She's really pretty. If you were here, I'd say she's much prettier than you." She jokes as a way of coping, reminiscing the times Chaewon would smack her shoulder when she decided to play around. "But no one's cuter than you so don't worry." She sighs, flattening her lips.

"I didn't know I could like someone again. I didn't want to because...it wasn't you. She gives me the same feeling as you do." Yujin smiles briefly.

"What's different is she's taller and hates mint chocolate." She chuckles. "I still don't know what's so good about it. It's toothpaste." Yujin picks on the grass.

"I want to keep her," she softly says. "Really." She goes into deep thought, digging through her feelings.

"If only you were here." She would love Chaewon to see who this girl was. "I'm sorry and I love you." Yujin sniffs, preventing those tears to fall. She hates crying. Makes her look weak.

She looks up, drying her eyes just for a cast of shadow to appear.

"You're here." Minhyun had an umbrella opened above him. It was sunny, but clouds were making their way here.

Yujin puffs a sigh, moving to the side for him to sit. This day would be the only day she'll be thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter