Nine

The One I Want
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Under the warm, comfy blanket lies Minju who was getting ready for bed. But her mind was still running. She takes her phone from the nightstand.

She scrolls, tapping on a link Yuri sent her earlier. "Why is she so sensitive about it..." She mumbles as the link brings her to an old Instagram account.

Apparently, it's Minhyun's. He uses a new one now.

Yuri: It was hard to find this, you better treat me to something tomorrow

Minju rolls her eyes when she saw the notification. She went through the page, mostly seeing pictures of himself.

But there were some of showing him in a cafe. Swiping left, she sees a girl in the picture. Although it showed only her body, he tagged her. The username was yujin_an. But when she clicked on it, the account was deleted.

She only confirms there was something when the caption was a blue heart. That wasn't the only post that had that emoji.

There were a few. The motorcycle in one of his most recent posts was clearly the one Yujin has now. Perplexed, Minju didn't know one could ride a motorcycle at the age of 16.

Apparently, it's legal.

"Did you study for the test? I think I'm dead." Yuri sulks, leaning her head on the desk, wishing for it to be a pillow. She glanced at Minju who looked bothered. "What's wrong?"

"How can she not tell me?" Yuri knew what she was talking about. "Why would she want to help me if he's her ex? I can't wrap my head around it."

"That's because she doesn't care about him anymore. It's what exes do. They forget about them."

"But still. She should've told me. Who knows why they broke up?" She whispered towards the end.

"That's what you're worried about? I thought you didn't care about her life."

"I mean, if you see your best friend going for your ex-boyfriend, would you not be upset?"

"Yujin's your best friend? What about me?"

"No, you're missing the point." Minju sighs.

Yuri puts aside strangling this best friend of hers who thought she could replace her. "I don't think she cares. She's living fine now. We also have no idea what their relationship was like. Maybe they ended on good terms?"

Minju holds onto her head. "She hates him." Her head's starting to hurt just thinking about it.

Yuri shrugs, not wanting to be involved with Yujin in any way. She looks out the window to see a tall figure passing by. Devil has arrived.

For who though? She looks at Wonyoung and then looks at Minju. She does know what Yujin was doing with the brunette, but why? Minju's not even close to Wonyoung.

Why would Yujin think she would help? Give her advice? What kind of advice is she finding when she looked for Minju? A hopeless romantic who can't handle her own love life.

"She's here." Yuri points her lips at Yujin who gestured for Minju.

"What does she want now?"

The smaller girl waves, sending Minju out of the class. Yujin walks to the back door when the girl walks out. No words were said as Yujin expects her to follow her down the hall.

She slows down her steps, glancing at Minju who had her arms folded. "You're still mad?" They slowly walked down the stairs as Yujin constantly turned back to hear an answer despite missing some steps.

"I'm not mad."

"You're mad because I once had him?" Yujin only had the thought of teasing the girl even though she looked pretty annoyed with her. Everyone's annoyed at her, particularly.

"Don't be mad. I'll tell you all about him." They walked under the sun, around the school. "Ask me anything." She honestly doesn't know where they're walking to.

"It's not that."

"I know you wanna know." Yujin gave her a look, confident in her assumptions. "You're a bad liar before you even try."

Minju wanted to know all about him. She does but feels bad that it's coming from Yujin.

She's an overthinker, and for this, to her, it isn't nice to just find out about someone through a person who has been there with them during the vulnerable parts of their lives.

Yujin sat on the bleachers, facing the field, asking the girl to sit. "You wanna hear our story?"

Minju squints from the sun, nodding anyway. She's mostly confused because the Yujin she knows, doesn't like guys. Well, she's not too exposed to that part of the world to fully know how things work.

"Okay." Yujin was for once patient and slightly generous. "A little redemption for myself."

"For what?"

"For making this little girl mad." She pushes Minju's head with a finger, receiving a frown. She sighs. "Where should I start..." She wonders.

"As you know now, I'm not interested in guys. You're probably wondering how I got involved with that —him." As much as she doesn't care, she didn't wan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter