Why I Love Her

I'm Related to MBLAQ???

Mir’s POV

“Why do you love her?” Aunty Jasmine asked me, as if she was challenging my love for her daughter. “What is it about my daughter that makes you love her so much? I want to know what attracted you to her, after hearing what a player you have been in your old school, from what my son told me. I want to know why you think you deserve to have someone as wonderful as my daughter.”

I already had the answer to that so I replied without hesitation, “I love Yuri because not only is she beautiful outside, but she’s beautiful inside as well. I have never met anyone who is as patient and as selfless with a big heart like she is. I never knew a person could be so understanding and so forgiving existed until I met her. Not only that, she’s funny and sweet and really cute. She makes me smile when she smiles and when I see her anything but happy, it hurts me, like I’m dying and when I can’t make her smile, it frustrates me. It makes me think I’m not doing a good enough job for her as a boyfriend.

“I’m not the perfect boyfriend. I get jealous over the littlest thing and I know it annoys her. I know she wishes she could spend more time with me but because of the crazy schedule Bi-sunbae had made, it is hard. But I do try to show my love for her. I know she prefers me as myself over gifts and everything so I try not to shower her with too many gifts in case she thinks I’m trying to make it up by not spending time with her.

“I don’t deserve your daughter, Aunty Jasmine. I really don’t, at all. It is beyond possible that I could even have a girl like her falling in love with me. I have so many reasons why she shouldn’t date me, why I don’t deserve her, but she chose to ignore it and that makes me really . . . special. Because she chose to love me despite everything. And she chose me over Woo Chul, which must account to something because he was her first love.

“When I first met her, I have to be honest. I was just attracted to her looks because when I first met her, I was thinking, ‘, she’s incredibly y’ and wanted to get to know her because of that. I’m glad I actually took the initiative to get to know her, even if it was for the wrong reason, because the more I got to know her, the more I saw the real side of her, and the more I fell even harder for her. Soon, it wasn’t her outward beauty that just caught my attention, but it was her heart that made me love her so much.

“I didn’t think she’d ever choose me. I thought she would’ve gone with L.Joe or maybe even Taemin. And there was a time when I thought she would dump me for Key. But she didn’t do anything like that. When she broke up with me because of Sohyun, I thought it was because of Woo Chul. But then as days passed by, I had a feeling it was something else. I smacked myself many times when I learned it was because of Sohyun. I was a terrible person, for not trying to see what was really going on.

“But she took the blame herself and instead of seeing that I should have done something, she decided it was better to blame herself for not telling people. But it mattered not to me because as long as she was finally with me, that was all that mattered. And I thought that nothing could tear us apart.

“But then my schedules got really crazy and I spent less time with her. That was painful. Every day I would look at the clock at J.Tune Camp, my heart sinking as an hour passed because as the hour passed, it was an hour less to see her. I thought she’d leave me because I was not able to see her, because I always missed our dates. I was furious when I saw her and Key together that one time at the cinemas. I was mad at myself every morning whenever I see the distrust in her eyes when I told her I’d be back in time for a date. But still she waited for me until I came.

“And when I finally arrive, at eleven in the night, or sometimes even at one in the morning, she would still be there. If not, she would be at the playground. I tried my damnest to make her happy but I was failing. I was losing her. I didn’t like it, yet I did nothing to try making the situation better.

“Finally we broke into an argument one morning because of how I was never able to spend time with her. We fought, not because she was upset we couldn’t spend time together. We fought because I couldn’t see how much she loves me, how she could still stand to be with me when I was ditching her all the time, giving her so many broken promises, and out of the heat of anger, I broke up with her. When I saw the pain in her eyes the moment I shouted those hateful words to her face, I instantly regretted it. But it was my pride that stopped me from apologizing and now I wished I had apologized. I was so stupid! And still she forgave me when Doo Joon hyung made it okay.

“That tore me apart because I needed someone to fix my mess for me. But Yuri didn’t care. She told me as long as we were together again, that we can to spend time with one another again, it was fine. But I still felt like I wasn’t doing enough.

“I was a horrible boyfriend, but yet she still loves me. I was jealous and often yelled at her, thinking she was cheating on me, but she didn’t hate me for that nor did she break up with me. If anything, I had broken her heart many times before but she never ever broken my heart once.

“I love the way she laughs, the way she smiles, the way she holds me, hugging me tightly. I love her scent, it’s the most comforting scent in the world. I love the way her hair falls over her face whenever she looks to her feet shyly and how angelic her features are when she’s asleep. I love feeling her lips on mine, letting me know she loves me. I love how she’ll jump into my arms whenever I come home, all tired and exhausted from training. I love the way she bounces happily in her seat whenever she was giddy or excited about something, how she pouts when Seungho hyung and G.O hyung teases her.

“I love how she managed to touch everyone’s lives, how she managed to brighten the room by just being in the same room with all of us. She’s like our little bundle of sunshine joy, bringing happiness wherever she goes. I love how she remembers every little detail about me, and how she always tries her best to please everyone. I love it when she giggles.

“I love it when she blinks, looking lost. She looked so cute; it makes me want to pinch her cheeks. I love how she messes her hair up whenever she’s frustrated over her schoolwork. The way she eats, the way she sits, the way she bite her nails when she’s thinking hard. I love her big heart, how she always care for people, how strong she is, trying to handle everything by herself. She is so strong, especially when Sohyun tortured her, when Woo Chul came back and now . . . this.

“She’s just . . . so amazing in so many ways that there are not enough words to describe just truly how amazing Yuri is. And I thank you and Uncle Lee for her. She’s truly changed my life for the better. She’s been such a big influence, not just to me, but to everyone she meets. I don’t know what I’ll do if I ever lose her. Yuri is really something, all right. She’s special. It’s hard to find a girl like her, it’s rare. But I’m glad I’ve found her. I’m glad she’s my girlfriend, even though sometimes I think of her as sometimes more, like a lover, like . . . my soul mate.”

I didn’t realize I’d blabbered on so much. When I was done talking, Aunty Jasmine has this amused glint in her eyes. I looked down in shame after I noticed I had prattled on and on about the girl who she probably knew all there is to know about her.

I heard a soft laughter and looked up to see Aunty Jasmine smiling kindly at me. She took my hand. “Well,” she started to say slowly, “If that’s the case, you know you’ll always have my blessings. I can see just how much you really love Yuri. I can tell, by the way you talk about her.”

I blushed. Aish, she must think I’m obsessive or some sort like that. Why did I have to go on and on like that about her

She smiled. “There’s this glint in your eyes,” she went on, “when you talked about her, like a child telling his mom what happened in school and that it was really important for her to hear it because he was excited and wanted to tell her that it was the most exciting day of his life. That’s how I felt when you talked about Yuri. You wanted to let me know that you truly love her, not because I asked, but because you really love her. It is obvious.”

I nodded. “I do love her,” I agreed. “I love her. Yuri is . . . she completes me. It sounds cheesy, but it’s true, and I don’t deny it.”

She patted my cheeks. “I hope you and Yuri will be together always,” she said and I knew my time was up. “Please ask Doo Joon, L.Joe and the other boys to come inside.”

I nodded and hugged her. “Neh, gomawo, Aunty Jasmine.”

“You’re welcome, Mir.”

I walked out of the room and called the others to go inside. Doo Joon handed Yuri back to me and I carried her off. I looked at her. She looked back at me, her eyes wide, tear-stains plastered to her face. I kissed her on the nose. “Let’s go somewhere, eh?” I told her. “Go to a place where it’s not here?”

She hesitated but then nodded after a long while. Mr. Lee even approved.

I carried her out of the hospital, knowing she didn’t want to stay there any longer. I didn’t have any idea where I should take her and ended up taking her to the park, where we would always hang out together. I set her down on the bench and sat down but she crawled into my lap like a little girl.

I smiled to myself as I just held her. “Baby, what’s on your mind, mmm?” I asked her.

She looked up to me. “I don’t want her to die,” she whispered to me. “I can’t bear — think — even —” She trailed off, unsure of what to say, how to string the words together to form a sentence because she was feeling hopelessly lost.

I kissed her forehead. “Gwaenchanha. Uljima, Yuri-yah,” I murmured softly into her ear.

An old couple passed by and smiled when they saw the two of us together. “Awww, they’re so cute, don’t you think so, yeobo?” I heard the ajumma saying to her husband. “It reminds me of how you and I used to sit like that when we were younger.”

“And now we’re happily married,” the ahjusshi said lovingly to his wife. Then he turned and beamed at us. “May the two of you be happy together forever,” he blelssed us before the two of them walked off.

Yuri looked up curiously. “Did he just give us their blessings?” she asked me.

I shrugged. “I think he did,” I replied. “They looked like they were highschool sweethearts. They sure have been together for a long time then, don’t you think so?”

She nodded, staring after them, how the two of them looked so in love, so old and still happy with each other. She looked at me, her eyes growing wide. “Do you think you and I will be like that one day?” she asked me innocently.

It was a simple question yet it took me completely by surprised. Why? Because although I knew she was the One for me and that I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her, I wasn’t sure if she felt the same way about me.

And now . . .

She frowned, taking my silence the wrong way. “Sorry, did I say something wrong?” she asked worriedly. She looked down, disappointed. “I guess I shouldn’t have said anything, huh?” She bit her lip like she did whenever she was feeling guilty or feeling bad.

I shook my head and cupped her face. “Anniyo, you didn’t say anything wrong,” I reassured her. She blinked and smiled. Aish, why are you so cute? I leaned forward and kissed her softly on the lips, nibbling her bottom lip a bit. “I hope one day, you and I will be like that couple — happily married and in love,” I told her.

She blushed, looking down, her hair falling over her face but I could still the see the shade of red on her rosy cheeks. I smiled, grasping her chin and titled it up to face me. She was still blushing as I reached out to her warm cheeks with my hand.

“I don’t get why you have a fringe,” I said softly to her. “It covers your pretty face. Don’t do that. I want the world to see how beautiful you are.” I smiled again when I saw her cheeks growing red. I carried her. “Let’s go home, shall we?”

She nodded and wrapped her arms around my neck as I carried her home. “Did Umma give you her blessing when you were inside with her?” she asked me.

I nodded. “She did.”

She beamed but then the worried and distressed face  expression appeared on her face again and I knew she was thinking about her mom so I kissed her.

“Mir, what would I do without you?” she murmured as she hugged me.

I said nothing because she fell asleep pretty soon. It must have been from the exhaustion of crying so much. Aish, this girl makes my heart beat for her.

When we reached home, I laid her down gently in her bed and tucked her in. After hesitating for a bit, I got in with her as well. I wrapped my arms around her, pulling her close to me and she subconsciously clung on to my shirt, muttering incoherent words in her sleep. I smiled softly.

I kissed her. Yuri ah, I love you. I love you, Yuri. Please don’t cry anymore. Saranghaeyo, Lee Yuri.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As promised, the second update~ had a really great time on Saturday, during my Sports Day~ (: saw all my friends from other schools, one cute guy I used to have a crush on said hi to me and then later afterward, I went to my friend's church. It was late by the time I came home, but I was smiling because a cute guy offered to drop me home from my friend's church. (:

Downside, I got two cuts on my right palm and I have no idea how I got them. Sighs, clumsy ol' me.

And doesn't this chapter make you smile with its fluffiness? I know I was. Lol.