Doo Joon's Surprise (:

I'm Related to MBLAQ???

Yuri’s POV

I looked at the clock. It’s six-thirty in the evening. Hmmm, if MBLAQ comes home early, they’d be back by seven although I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they only come back home around eleven. Their time is never fixed.

Doo Joon and Yoseob left at six, saying they needed to go back to their dorm. I was sort of sad when they left. They were really helpful in trying to cheer me up and I needed to thank Joon for that. If he hadn’t called Doo Joon, I would probably still be crying and feeling all depressed and such.

Seven was here.

Why do I still even bother to think that they would come home by now? Whatever. I decided to settle on the couch to watch the latest episode of Running Man. I love watching that show. I really pity Kwang Soo and I love Haroro in his 'movie' mode. They are really really hilarious. And Gary with Ji Hyo, the Monday Couple. Haha!

Seven-thirty, the front door unlocked.

I looked up from Running Man, pausing it since I had it in DVD to see MBLAQ piling in the hallway. At the sight of them, I dropped the remote control onto the floor in surprise.

“Hi, we’re back,” G.O said to me, hanging his coat on the coat hanger.

“You don’t say,” I said faintly. They are back so early?! Abnormal! I shook my head and bent down to pick the remote control off the floor and I placed it on the table next to me.

Cheon Doong came and sat next to me. “What show are you watching?” he asked, looking at the television with interest — as if anything is a lot more interesting than training.

“Running Man,” Seungho said with a laugh. “Ah, you gotta love Kwang Soo.”

“Have you eaten yet? Are you hungry?” G.O asked and I shook my head indicating that I haven’t eaten yet but I was hungry.

I was bombarded with so many questions I wasn’t sure which to answer first. I looked up to see Joon entering. Mir followed behind. My heart skipped a beat when I saw him, following by an aching feeling in my heart right after.

Joon came and sat on my other side tiredly, putting his arms around my shoulder. “Did Doo Joon come?” he wanted to know.

I nodded and hugged him, giving him a bobo, which made him smile. “Neh. Thank you, for calling him,” I thanked my brother in a grateful tone. He may not do much, but the things he does always let me know that he really does care about me.

He shrugged and turned to glare at Mir’s back. Mir went in his room, closing and locking the door behind him. I tried not to shed a tear but it was really a painful sight to see him walking away.

Will things between me and Mir ever be fixed? Or are we not meant to be after all? Why must this happen to me? Could I really just lose the guy I love so much in moments like this?

“Why don’t we go out and eat dinner?” Cheon Doong suggested, noticing the pained expression on my face. He leaned over and kissed my forehead lightly.

Seungho nodded, standing up. “I think that’s a great idea,” he agreed. He rubbed his stomach in anticipation. “Man, I’m starving.”

“You’re always hungry,” G.O joked.

He shook his head. “No, that’s Joon.”

“So not!” Joon protested.

I laughed. “Actually, yeah, you always are hungry.”

He pouted. “Must you always try to go against me? Whatever happened to ‘family is always there for one another’?” He glared at the others as well. “Some family you guys are!”

I kissed his cheeks. “Ah, but you love us like this,” I replied.

He made a face.

We turned the television off and went out of the apartment to grab a bite, leaving Mir behind. I didn’t want to leave him behind but I have a feeling he needed to be alone now, just like how I needed all of the distraction I could get.

 

Over the next few days, it was awkward because Mir and I didn’t talk. The others would always try to lighten up the mood by cracking jokes. Well, Joon just avoided Mir like what I was doing while G.O, Seungho and Cheon Doong were stuck trying to make the place a bit livelier.

I did not kiss him goodbye anymore.

I would hug the others ans they would hug me back and Joon would kiss my forehead as he walked out of the room. I didn’t even look at Mir. It was that awkward.

I was hurt, but what can I do? I’m not going to go up to him and beg him to take me back because that is just plain desperate.

One morning after they left, I was left alone, once again, in the apartment.

All of my friends were busy. Ricky and Changjo were away on holiday. L.Joe had his part time work as well as Key. Minzy was busy with her training and I’m pretty sure that Chunji was with her. CAP and Niel were at soccer camp. Taemin was baby-sitting his little cousin. I’m sure Doo Joon and Yoseob were busy with their training so I couldn’t disturb them either.

Forever alone, I tell you. It . And I don’t want to talk to my friends from China. I don’t know why but we seemed to have drifted apart. Speaking of which, I still have the bear Woo Chul gave me. Mir was not very pleased when he found out that he gave it to me but he didn’t make any fuss so I get to keep it. I hug it to sleep at nights.

I sighed and started doing the house chores like I did every day as soon as they left the apartment. By the time it was ten o’clock, I was done. I went to bathe. I took quite a long time in the showers, drowning my sorrows of being lonely. When I came out, I noticed my phone was blinking.

I got a lot of missed calls from dearest god brother, Doo Joon.

Like, ten missed calls.

I frowned, wondering why he’d give me so many missed calls. This must mean something important was going on. I was about to press the ‘call’ button when he called me again.

I answered the call. “Yeobeosaeyo?”

“Finally you answered!” he said impatiently.

“Mian, I was in the showers and didn’t hear the ringing tone,” I explained.

“Okay, never mind. The thing is, you answered. Now, are you dressed and everything?”

I looked down at my singlet and shorts. “Uh . . . I guess so. Waeyo?”

“Come down now. I have a surprise for you,” Doo Joon said mysteriously.

I frowned, feeling really lazy to drag my feet down the stairs and then later back up. “Can’t you come up instead?” I asked, baffled. Why does he need me to come down?

“Not a chance, Yuri. I’m taking you out somewhere. I’m on a tight schedule so come down quickly,” he replied.

Sighing, I said, “Okay, I’m coming down now.” No, I don’t want to moveeeeee.

“Ppali!”

I grabbed my purse from the table and my cardigan from the coat hanger. I turned the lights off and locked the door behind me as I stepped out. I ran to the lift and tapped on my foot while waiting for it to reach my floor. When the elevator doors dinged opened, I stepped in and pressed on the ‘G’ button for ground floor.

I wonder, what sort of surprise would Doo Joon have for me? And doesn’t he have a schedule to attend to? Doesn’t he have training today? I doubt his schedule is flexible. I’m sure all of the training schedules are alike — filled with nothing but training and training for twenty-four seven. Seriously, does he want to experience death for skipping schedules?

As soon as I walked out of the building, I saw his car parked at the curb. He was inside, drumming his fingers impatiently. I contemplated taking my sweet time just to spite him when he looked up and saw me. He honked at me to hurry up and passersby looked up, wondering why would anyone disrupt their peacefulness. I ran to his car, blushing with embarrassment at my god brother's behavior.

Uncivilized.

“Aish, so rude,” I muttered as I reached the door. I opened the passenger’s door and slid inside.

“Why are you so slow? I said for you to hurry up!” But he sounded a lot more excited than angry so I figured I was not in any trouble. But that made me even more curious to know about the surprise.

“Where are you taking me, Oppa?” I asked him. I closed the door.

“Somewhere,” he said mysteriously.

I rolled my eyes as he pulled out of the curb, driving off to the road. “Well, no , Sherlock,” I muttered, buckling my seatbelt. “That really clears it up, Captain Obvious.”

He grinned, changing gears. “I’m kidnapping you so I can’t tell you where I’m taking you,” was all he replied with that smug expression on his handsome face.

I raised an eyebrow. “Seriously, people still do that?” I laughed. “If you were kidnapping you, you would be a lot scarier. You’re doing a terrible job at making me scared.”

“Ah, but the thing is, I’m trying to be friendly so you wouldn’t suspect anything.”

I gave him a Look. “But you gave your secret away.”

He caught on himself. “I mean, well — it’s just that — uh —” he said lamely.

I shook my head. “Stick to being an idol,” I told him. “You as a kidnapper.”

He grinned sheepishly. “But, either way, you don’t know where I’m taking you and that’s what counts the most.”

“Really?” I smirked, a comeback in my head.

He reached out on the box between our seats and took a dark cloth out. “Put this on and make sure it covers your eyes properly,” he told me. “That way you can’t see where I’m taking you.”

I frowned, my comeback down the drain. “Darn it,” I grumbled, taking it from him. I tied it around my eyes and my vision darkened.

“Don’t peep or cheat or whatever!” he told me. “I don’t want you to ruin the surprise for yourself — and trust me, it’s worth it. If you peep and spoil it, you’re going to regret it.”

Doo Joon seemed really dead set on this that I don’t want his effort (if he had put in any) go to waste.

Now I’m really curious.

A few minutes later, with many turnings and traffic lights and him ratting on and on, I felt Doo Joon driving the car down and my cloth became darker, if that was even possible.

“You can take it off,” he told me.

I took it off.

We were in some car park, if I was not mistaken. All around me were cars and a lot of empty spaces. Where are we? I turned to Doo Joon for answers.

He smiled. “I didn’t like the idea of you being alone in the house all the time so I talked to my boss and he allowed you come with me to my training,” he finally told me.

“Wait, so now we’re in Cube Entertainment?”

He nodded, parking the car. “Neh.”

I squealed and threw my arms around his neck. “Ah, gomawoyah, Oppa!” I thanked him countless times. He was really considerate and seriously the greatest. Even Joon wasn’t that nice (sorry, Joon).

I positively love my god brother.

We got out and he turned to me after he’d locked his car. “Yoseob is looking forward to seeing you again,” he said.

I smiled. “I can’t wait to see him either,” I replied.

We walked into the lift. He pulled me close and I thanked him again. When we reached the floor, we took a step out and bumped into a guy. Doo Joon gave him a nod. “Tell him she’s here,” he told him who gave a slight nod and walked in the lift.

I looked around, awed. I can’t believe it. I know I said it a lot of times but really, I get to finally see how everyone trained. This is really an opportunity you can hardly ever get.

Doo Joon gestured to the door. “In here,” he said, opening the door. He went inside first.

I followed him in, searching the room for the face of Yoseob’s.

Instead, I saw five familiar faces. My jaw dropped the same time MBLAQ looked up to see me.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

harlo~! hahaha :P hurrrrmm, nice surprise Doo Joon got for Yuri :P

hurrrm, do you guys think I'm rushing the story a bit? The thing is, I want to elaborate more but then I just came up with the sequel for this fic (along with many other story plots) so I'm trying to finish this story to get started on the sequel, so yeah, I guess that's why everything is happening too fast. =/

Heh.