KEY?!

I'm Related to MBLAQ???

 

Key’s POV

Something was going on in Yuri’s mind. As we lined up to buy tickets, she was unusually quiet. I turned to her. “Are you okay?” I asked her.

She looked up as we stepped in front a bit. “Would you believe me if I said I am?” she asked me with a weak smile.

I shook my head. “Probably not. What’s wrong? Did something happen between you and Mir?”

She shrugged. “I don’t know,” she started slowly. “I just . . . miss being with him, that’s all. Ever since that day, you know, his graduation, we haven’t been able to spend that much time together. In fact, hardly.” She frowned.

I smiled at her since a smile was the best I could offer to her. We reached the counter. “Two tickets for that movie, please,” I said, pointing to the movie we had decided to watch.

The girl smiled as she checked through the seats. “Oh, you two are lucky,” she remarked.

“Waeyo?” Yuri asked curiously.

She looked up from the screen. “Well, there are only two seats left for the movie,” she started. “And it just so happened that it’s a couple seat.” She handed us the tickets

“Ah, anniyo,” Key started to say, flustered, as he gave her the money, “we’re not — I mean —”

“Sure you’re not,” she said with a wink. She looked at me. “He’s cute. You’re lucky.” She handed back the change to him and we walked off.

“What just happened?” I giggled.

“I think she thought we were together,” Key replied, laughing. He looked at me. “Popcorn?”

“It’s on me,” I told him, heading toward the counter where they sold cinema food.

“Eh, but —”

“You paid for the tickets,” I interrupted as we got our popcorn and drinks. I gave the cashier the money. “It’s only fair if I get the snacks.”

He looked at me. “I’m thinking you don’t really get the chance to do this, huh?” he said with a smile.

I nodded and he helped me carry the beverages. “Uh . . . yeah. Mir always managed to pay first before me,” I admitted.

“Let’s go.”

Together, we walked inside the cinema hall just as the lights began to turn off, indicating that the show was about to start.

 

Mir’s POV

I arrived at the cinema at ten. I looked around. Yuri was not here. Where did she go? I looked at the counter. It was a different girl on duty but I decided to try my luck. “Excuse me,” I started to say.

“Oh, the movie playing now will end any moment now, sir,” she said as if that’s what people ask her that all the time.

“Uh . . .” I was sure how to handle it but I decided to look around. Maybe she was at the toilet. I know that I won’t find her at the park again, even though that was where I’d found her the last time we were here. How do I know? Because all the others times I’ve stood her up, she would go back home. But I was home half an hour ago, bathing, and she wasn’t home.

So she must probably still be here.

I looked around, waiting, but no one came out of the toilet.

Finally the movie must have ended because people started coming out of the cinema hall.

I sighed. It’s going to be hard, searching for her in the midst of tall people. Somewhere near my right, I heard a familiar laughter.

I turned my head sharply toward the direction and there she was, Yuri. She was there.

With Key.

I frowned. What?

I walked up to the both of them. They seemed to be enjoying themselves without me. they even look like a real couple, a little voice crept into my head. I shook my head multiple times. No, she’s with me, I had to remind myself. Me, not him.

“Hey,” I said.

They looked up, startled to see me standing in front of them. Key immediately looked away in shame while Yuri threw her arms around me, happy to see me. I just stared at my friend weirdly. Why did he look so guilty as if he was just keeping my girlfriend company?

“What are you doing here?” Yuri asked after giving me a light kiss on the lips. “Mmm, you smell nice. Did you bathe?”

I nodded, hugging her tightly around the waist. “I’m sorry,” I quickly said before she could cut me off. “I know we were supposed to watch a movie together but it’s just that just as I was about to leave, suddenly all of my recordings were lost so I had record them all over again. It took me a lot of time. I’m so sorry! I really did not mean to stand up on you again.”

She hugged me. “It’s okay,” she reassured me. “It’s not like I was lonely the whole night, anyway.”

Key smiled, shifting his position. “Uh, heh,” he said a little awkwardly. He scratched the back of his head like he always do whenever he was put in an awkward moment like now. “It was the least I could do for you,” he said.

I turned to Yuri. “Let’s go home,” I said.

“Ah.” She and Key both exchanged glances. “Uh, the thing is, we planned to go get waffles at the waffles shop that just recently opened,” she confessed, looking guilty.

“Oh.” I was about to tell her that I’ll just tag along when she went on.

“Why don’t you go home and rest? Key will take me home tonight.”

She doesn’t want me.

Was this how ti feels like, to be rejected? Because it really didn’t feel that great at all. It feels terrible, in fact. Downright terrible.

I hate feeling like this.

“Uh, sure,” I said awkwardly, a pang of hurt in my heart.

She tiptoped on her toes to give me a light kiss. Then she turned to Key. “I’ll go use the toilet first,” she said and hopped to the girls’ room, leaving with me with the guy who went on a ‘date’ with my girlfriend.

He turned to me guiltily. “Don’t be mad at me,” he hastily said. “I saw her lonely and didn’t want her to be upset so I thought I’d —”

“It’s fine, don’t worry about it,” I reassured him but my voice came out flat. I sighed. “Thanks, for being with her. I don’t know what I’d do if I found out she’d been all by herself again for the whole night.”

He decided I was being sincere and nodded. “Yeah, well . . . I know that you’re busy with work and I really understand but . . .” He hesitated, frowning and I knew he was mad at me for standing up on her. “Next time, don’t make promises you can’t keep.”

I was about to tell him to keep his own opinions to himself and to go stuff himself when Yuri came back. He smiled at her.

Something flashed before my mind.

Does Key like her? Like, does he feel the same way L.Joe felt toward her before? Was that why he looked so guilty earlier?

“Let’s go,” he said warmly to her and she beamed at him, linking arms with him.

“Bye, Mir,” she said carelessly, as though Key was her boyfriend, not me. But then she turned back and gave me that smile I love so much. “I love you,” she said sincerely.

I tried to smile as I shoved my hands into my jeans pocket, as far as it could go. I kicked dirt on the ground as I watched my girlfriend and my best friend walk to the waffles shop.

“This time, I’m paying,” I could hear Key saying.

Yuri giggled. “Tsk, no point arguing, is there?” she asked him.

“Yeap, really no point,” he replied. They turned to the corner and disappeared from my sight.

I was tempted to run up to them and join them so I could keep an eye on Yuri but then I remembered how she had rejected me without even waiting for me to offer to go with them.

Sighs.

Maybe she would be happy with Key. See how happy the two of them were.

I should head home.

I walked the other way the two of them went, back to MBLAQ’s apartment. The minute I closed the door, all my hyungs looked up from where they were busy playing with the Xbox as if we did not need to wake up early the next morning. Joon paused the game.

“Where’s Yuri?” Joon wanted to know. “Isn’t she with you?”

I shook my head. “She went out with Key.”

Key?” Cheon Doong repeated in disbelief, nearly dropping his control in surprise. “Why is she with Key? I mean, if she was with one of the Teen Top boys, I’d understand. But Key?”

I shrugged. “I’m just as surprised,” I replied darkly as I collapsed on the sofa next to him. I grabbed a pillow and buried my face in there, not wanting to look at their faces.

“Mir . . .” Seungho began hesitantly.

I looked up despite not wanting to a moment ago. “Don’t give me that crap about how I shouldn’t make promises I can’t keep and even though Yuri forgives me every time I stand up on her, although she understands the reason why, one day if I keep this up, I may lose her forever, because I’m really not in the mood right now,” I snapped at him.

“Well, if you know, if you are aware about this, then maybe you should try to change,” G.O muttered under his breath but I heard him anyways.

I glared at his direction and he was sitting on the floor so I looked down at him. “You think that I like this?” I retorted. “Do you honestly believe that I don’t feel pain whenever I see the pain in Yuri’s eyes every time I show up late? You think I don’t know that she wants to be with me but is trying to be selfless by letting me go do the one thing that determines my future? That I don’t notice the doubt in her eyes and her voice every time I tell her I’d be home early because I end up being late in the end, anyways?”

“Mir, calm down,” Cheon Doong murmured next to me, putting a hand on my shoulder.

I shrugged it off and stood up. G.O, from the floor, backed up against the wall with each step I took closer to him. “Do you honestly think that I’m that blur and not observant enough? That I don’t care that my girl is hurting and I’m to blame? That I don’t care about the fact that she’s spending time with other guys while I’m not there? Do you?”

“I — I’m sorry,” he squeaked.

“Good, because if you do, I swear, I will punch you,” I said and walked into my room. It took me a long time before I could sleep.

 

I looked at the clock sitting on my bedside table. It was one o’clock in the morning. Hmmm, I don’t think that Yuri is home yet. That’s odd. Why would she hang out with Key until so late?

Finally, I heard the front door closed.

She’s back.

I got up and walked out of my room to the hall so I could see her. But just as I opened the door, Yuri’s door closed. I walked out to her room.

Something felt odd.

I heard the sounds of laughter coming from inside. I peeped open the door a bit and gasped. I covered my mouth quickly so she wouldn’t hear.

She was there, all right.

With Key.

Kissing him.

As I watched Key wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her shirt off, leaving her bra on and he pressed himself against her, pinning her down. But he pulled back. “What about Mir?”

“Mir who?” Yuri asked, arching her head up to kiss him again, , pulling him closer.

I closed my eyes, squeezing it shut. I don’t believe this. But . . .

Yuri cheated on me.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh no.....

And hiiii, sorry. I know you missed my updates. Been busy entertaining my Canadian friends who came down to Malaysia for holiday. Heh~