The Eve Before Valentine's Day

I'm Related to MBLAQ???

Yuri’s POV

“I’m sorry. . .”

I kept quiet.

“Yuri?”

“Tony, I have to go. Please, don’t tell anyone about this, okay?”

“Yuri . . .”

“Bye.” I hung up and threw my phone somewhere among my pillows. I counted from ten to one, each second with a new thought.

Ten — is it better to have loved and lost than to never have loved before?

Nine — I can’t let him think I’m weak, but how can I act as though everything is fine when clearly it's not?

Eight — I just need to be alone.

Seven — I guess I wasn’t good enough . . .

Six — my knees are weak, how long will I be able to stand? Oh wait, I’m lying on my bed.

Five — why is it so quiet in here?

Four — what is wrong with me?

Three — where did the light go? Why does it suddenly seem so dim?

Two — why is my heart spinning out of control? I need some help.

One — I need help.

Since I was in my bed, I just rolled over, pulled the cover over my head and sobbed. The words were like a punch in the chest. I felt like the wind had been knocked out of my chest, I couldn’t seem to find my voice. i couldn’t stop crying. I felt so down. I felt so lifeless.

Knock, knock.

“Yuri?” Joon called from the other side. “It’s dinner time.”

I didn’t answer.

“Yuri?”

If I answer, he’ll know I’m crying. If I don’t answer, he’ll know something is wrong. Luckily I locked the door so he won’t be able to —

The doorknob opened and Joon walked in. I quickly dove for the covers, hiding my red, puffy eyes. “Yuri ah, what’s wrong?” I felt him sitting on my bed. He placed a hand on my back. “Are you okay? Are you crying?”

I shook my head.

He tried to remove the covers but I held tightly onto it. We struggled for a bit but obviously he would win since he was so much stronger. He pulled the blanket away and stared at me. “Yuri, what’s wrong?” he asked, cupping my face to make me look at him.

“N – Nothing,” I lied.

“Don’t lie,” he replied with a frown. “Obviously you aren’t fine. Tell me. Is it Mir? Is it L.Joe? Did they hurt you? What did they do?”

“It’s not any of them,” I told him.

“Then what is it?”

I looked down, hesitating. Should I tell him?

 

Joon’s POV

“Woo Chul has a new girlfriend,” she said and began to cry all over again. “I found out from my friend. I know I’m not allowed to contact them but I felt like I should. Then my friend told me that Woo Chul found a new girl a week after I left.” She hugged me, sobbing.

I closed my eyes and hugged her back. I was angry. How dare that break my sister’s heart like that! If I see him, I will break his jaw. I will crush every bone he has until he begs for mercy. But I won't kill him. I'll torture him but keep him alive for him to feel terrible for the rest of his life.

“Yuri, he’s not worth it,” I told her. “If Woo Chul was any guy, he would have waited even if it seemed impossible, but he still would have waited. Because of that, he just lost an amazing girlfriend. It’s his loss. And you know what? When he realized his mistake, you’re going to be with someone who knows how much you meant to him. It’ll be too late for him because you’re already happy with someone else.”

“You really think so?” she asked me timidly.

I kissed her forehead and nuzzled her head with my chin. “I know so,” I replied confidently. Heck, I know a guy who would treat my sister right: Mir.

She looked up and gave me a watery smile.

“Feeling any better?” I asked, rubbing her shoulder. “Think you can come down and eat dinner with the rest of us?”

She nodded. “Thanks,” she said softly.

I hugged her. “Like I said the first night I met you, I will do my best as a big brother and will protect you in many ways as I can. And if any guy breaks your heart, let me know and I’ll take care of it.” I flexed my muscles to show her.

She giggled. “Gomawo, Joon,” she said.

We went down the stairs to the kitchen after she washed her face and were immediately greeted by the aroma of donkatsu (deep fried pork belly). Omo, I swear my mother is the best cook ever!

“Umma, it smells so good!” Yuri and I said at the same time. We exchanged glances and laughed.

Ding dong!

“I’ll get it!” Yuri said and ran for the door.

Seconds later, Minzy and Taemin followed right behind her into the dining room. They bowed and greeted my parents and greeted me. They introduced themselves as Yuri’s friends and thanked my parents for having them over for dinner. We settled into our chairs.

“Donkatsu!” Minzy squealed in delight and Taemin passed the plate to her, laughing.

“Just prepare donkatsu and she’ll go crazy,” he said. “It’s her all-time favorite food.”

Umma beamed. “If that is the case, eat more of it.”

Minzy looked like she was going to faint with total happiness.

After dinner, the three of them hoarded up to Yuri’s room, locking the door behind them to get privacy. I decided to head over to Mir’s house even though I was there this afternoon. It’s Games Night after all and we usually have it at his place.

 

Yuri’s POV

“So, what’s up?” Taemin asked the minute we all settled down in my room.

I was sitting on my beanbag with the bear my Secret Cupid gave to me. Minzy was lying flat on her stomach on my bed and Taemin was on the floor, leaning against my bed, a pillow on his lap.

“Why do you always assume that everything that we do have some ulterior motive?” Minzy asked.

He shrugged. “Well, I don’t think you would have called if you didn’t want to talk to us about something important.”

I rolled my eyes. “Riiggghttt.”

“So?” Minzy asked, turning to me.

I turned back to her. “Not you too!” I groaned and I buried my head in my bear’s chest.

“So there is something,” Taemin remarked with a smug look for guessing right.

I scowled. “Um, it’s about . . . tomorrow’s dance,” I said slowly as I tried to choose my choice of words carefully. “You know, the Valentine’s Day Dance. Do any of you have dates?”

They shook their heads. “What about you?” Minzy asked me with a twinkling glint in her eyes.

I laughed nervously. Did she suspect something? “Well . . . L.Joe asked me to go to the dance with him.”

Minzy squealed and Taemin’s mouth flew opened. “Omo! Chincha? Wah, you’re a lucky girl for being asked to the dance by one of the popular guys in school!” Minzy gushed enthusiastically.

“Wow,” Taemin finally said breathlessly.

I blushed. “It’s nothing,” I said dismissively.

Minzy stared at me as though I’ve suddenly grown two heads, like a Hydra. “It’s nothing?” she repeated, her voice getting a bit high-pitch. “How could you say that it’s nothing?” she demanded to know.

I shrugged. “I don’t know,” I replied. “It’s nothing, really. We’re just going to the dance. It’s not like we are dating or something.”

Taemin raised an eyebrow. “Did he say that it was a date?” he asked me.

I frowned, trying to recall. “Hmmm, in a way, yeah, he did,” I replied. I sighed. “But, seriously, I doubt he’d ever look at me in that way.”

“Are you —?” Minzy started to say when a thought struck Taemin.

“Wait, but about your boyfriend?” Taemin spoke up. “You know, Woo Chul?”

I felt my body tensing up and I glanced over to the bear he gave me for my birthday that was propped up on my study table. I looked down and told my friends what happened. By the time I was done, Minzy’s face turned black.

“That son of a —” she started to say, growling.

“Minzy,” Taemin sighed warningly.

“It’s his loss for not realizing that he just lost what could have been the best thing in his life,” she said with a total change of direction.

“That’s better.” Taemin nodded happily.

Behind him, Minzy poked her tongue out to him. But then she looked up to me. “What about Mir?”

I blushed, feeling my heart raced a bit faster at the mention of his name. “Well, I’m sure he’ll find someone pretty to go to the dance with.”

“Poor Mir,” Taemin muttered but I heard him.

“Wae?”

“Oh, nothing.”

Silence filled the room as we were all lost in our own train of thoughts.

“What are you guys going to wear?” Minzy asked, breaking the silence. “I haven’t decided what I’m going to wear.”

“A tux,” Taemin replied matter-of-factly.

“I’ve no idea either,” I answered, frowning. “And I’m too lazy to search through my closet now.” I leaned over and grabbed a package of chips.

“Pig,” Minzy commented, throwing a pillow at me. “Don’t eat that. You’ll get pimples and then you won’t look pretty at the dance with L.Joe anymore. And it is tomorrow!”

I sighed, putting it back. “I hate it how you do this to me all the time,” I grumbled.

“You don’t say,” Taemin said. Suddenly he turned to her. “Say, Minzy, tomorrow is the Day of Love . . .”

She looked warily at him. “Yeah, so?”

“Are you going to do anything for anyone?”

“No.”

“What about me?”

“No.”

“Wae? I’m so nice to you.”

Minzy just stared incredulously. “Hahahahahaha!” she cracked up.

Taemin scowled and I burst out laughing as well. “I think she’s waiting for Chunji to ask her to the dance,” I said, gasping.

Minzy stopped laughing automatically. “Yah, will you stop making fun of me?”

“It’s funny,” Taemin told her, chortling.

“Anyway, I wonder who our Secret Cupid is,” I said, thoughts filling up my mind.

“Well, it’s no secret that Minzy is Chunji’s Secret Cupid,” Taemin giggled.

Minzy glowed with happiness. “Some girls got the luck, like me,” she replied.

Taemin and I threw a pillow at her. “Yah, what was that for?!” she protested.

They stayed for awhile before finally leaving. Since we don’t have school tomorrow, I could stay up late. As soon as they left, I went to my closet to choose what I’m going to wear for tomorrow.

Hmmm, I wonder who my Secret Cupid is. . . .

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Haaaiii :D

My body ache from painting rooms T.T

My fingers feel papery, like paint o.o

My neck hurts from looking up to paint the ceiling T.T

Gaaah D: