The Truth and the Lies

I'm Related to MBLAQ???

 

Yuri’s POV

Woo Chul shook his head, surprised and stunned to see me. “A – Annie!” he stammered. “I don’t believe it. All this time . . . what are you doing here? Why did you leave? Why didn’t you call or say goodbye? How come you’re living with them? Why . . .?”

He asked me so many questions everyone started to ask questions too (how did I know him? Who is he? Why is Mir suddenly so stiff? Why does Joon look like he was going to punch him? Luckily for the two last questions, G.O and Cheon Doong whispered it to me so that Woo Chul wouldn’t hear) but I was too in daze that I couldn’t think straight. It was giving me dizzy spells.

He’s here.

Woo Chul, my ex-boyfriend, the guy who . . . I don’t even want to think about it, as the pain hit my chest really hard, letting me crumple to the aching feeling I once felt when he broke my heart.

All the kisses, the hugs, the touches, the smiles, the times he told me he loved me . . . lies.

They were all just lies.

Frankly, I don’t even know why I still kept that bear. Maybe a part of me wanted to hold onto a part of who I was in the past. Or maybe I still like him. I don’t know. But seeing him here in flesh, right now, only made me wished I never knew him.

It made me wish I grew up only as Yuri, never Annie, never meeting him. I was just only Yuri. . . .

I closed my eyes and my mind flashed back to the night when he gave me the bear.

 

He hugged me and I buried my head in his chest. He then got up and took out his closet. When he came out, he was holding a huge teddy bear. “For you,” he said and gave it to me.

I hugged it. “Thank you!”

He smiled. “I’m glad you love it.”

I kissed him. “I honestly do.”

 

I remembered the night whenI finally plucked up the courage to call my friend Tony. I remembered clearly what he said, the conversation we had.

 

“Ah . . .” he hesitated. “Erm, Annie, were you and Woo Chul, by any chance, dating?”

I blushed. “Why?”

“Just tell me. Because, judging from how close the two of you were, it’s sort of obvious.”

 “Yes,” I started to say slowly.

“Oh.”

“Tony, what’s going on?”

“Woo Chul was really depressed at first. I think he was miserable. And then he confessed to us that you guys were dating and —”

“Wait, if you knew, then how come you asked me?”

“I needed confirmation. Anyway . . . the reason was because . . .”

 “He’s not dead, is he?”

“No, of course not, you silly goose. I doubt he’s that kind of person.”

“So . . .?”

“Will you let me finished?”

“Sorry, sorry . . .”

“Anyway, well . . .”

“Stop hesitating!” I said, irritated.

“Just shut up and let me finished!”

“Why can’t you just say what you want to say and just stop hesitating and pausing?”

 “Annie, I hate to tell you this but . . .”

“Tony, I swear, if you don’t tell me in the next —”

“Woo Chul found a new girlfriend. He found a new one a week after you left.”

 

And then the conversation I had with my mother in the hospital about him.

 

“I have a sneaky suspicion that he had cheated on you before,” Umma said.

I shrugged. “Now that you mentioned it, I wouldn’t be surprised if he did.”

 

And now he’s just standing right in front of me. I couldn’t believe my bad luck to have to see him. Worse, his dad is their new manager.

Temporary manager, a voice crept into my mind and I felt a bit better.

Speaking of which, I turned to him. “Hello, Uncle Daniel,” I said politely, bowing.

Wait, what is he even doing here in the first place?

Before I could ask, Seungho turned to me and said, “Why don’t we all sit down and you answer all of our questions?”

We sat down and I began to tell everyone what they wanted to know. I started the story from how I know Woo Chul and his dad, working up to how I found out I was Yuri and not Annie, to moving away from China to Korea and now, to the present time. I made it known that Joon was my brother and Mir is my boyfriend. Woo Chul frowned at that while Mir made a motion to put his arm around me, pulling me to his chest.

I left out the part where I’d called Tony. Throughout the entire time I was talking, the seven of them were all quiet. Finally, when I was done, there was still nothing but a deafening silence.

Crickets sing.

“Your silence is overwhelming,” I said at last.

Woo Chul turned to me. “Tony knew.”

I did a double take. “What makes you say that?” I asked, acting like I didn’t know what he was saying

“He told me.”

“I – he what?” I hissed, narrowing my eyes. Tony had promised me he wouldn’t tell Woo Chul about my whereabouts. That boy! I trusted him! He was usually the one I could count on the most whenever I cannot tell Woo Chul things! Ish, that boy! Happy Tree Friends began playing in my head, with Tony as the one who dies.

But Woo Chul held his hand up in defense. “He just told me he knew where you were but he refused to me where because he said he promised you that he would not tell anyone.”

My anger was gone. “Oh.” Darn, so much for shoving his head down the blender. Sighs.

He had this amused look on his face. He looked at his dad. “Appa, could Annie — I mean, Yuri and I have some time alone while you talk with them?” he asked him.

Instantly Mir put his arms protectively (and yes, jealously too) around my shoulders. He glared at Woo Chul. “No.”

“Mir,” I murmured, reaching up touch his hand. “You have to trust me on this.”

“I —”

I begged with my eyes. I wanted to talk to Woo Chul and demand to know what his problem was. I wanted to talk to him. Boy, did I want that. I wanted to do so much to keep in touch with friends from China, even if it is him.

He hesitated but nodded. I got up and followed him to the balcony, where we could have the privacy we needed.

However, Joon grabbed my hand and pulled me back down. “Andwaeyo,” he replied to my astonished face. “I’m not letting you go out there with him alone. No way.”

“Oppa, let me go!” I protested, struggling.

Woo Chul frowned, confused as to why they would be so reluctant to let me go out to the balcony with him. I sighed, trying to reason with my brother to let me go with him.

“Let her go, Joon,” Seungho finally interjected, his leader side of him taking control. “We need to talk to Daniel-sshi about our schedules anyway.” He winked at me and I made a mental note to thank him later.

He let me go unwillingly and Woo Chul and I walked out to the balcony, shutting the tinted screen door behind us as we did. A gush of wind breezed coolly on our faces and I shuddered since I was only wearing a thin singlet and shorts. He noticed and gave me his jacket, wrapping it around my shoulders to keep me warm.

“Thanks. . . . So . . .” I began awkwardly and trailed off. How am I going to start the conversation?!

“So.” He turned to me with a frown and said, “You have a boyfriend.” He shook his head as if he was trying to figure out something. “What about me?”

Seriously? Does he feel . . . jealous . . . of Mir? That I am better off without him because he can’t have me anymore? “I don’t know what you are talking about,” I mumbled, keeping my voice guarded at all times.

“I think you do,” Woo Chul snapped. “Annie, you left me without warning. You left without saying a single word to me.”

It felt weird to be called Annie once again. I haven’t been called that in almost a year and I was already so used to being as Yuri. But I put on a brave face and looked straight into his eyes, deadpanned. “What do you care about that? After all, you found a new girl to date a week after I left.” There was a hard edge at the tone of my voice.

He looked bewildered and turned to me. “Who told you that? I did no such thing!” he indignantly retorted. Then he gasped and moaned as something clicked. “Oh no. Tony. Unbelievable.”

I raised an eyebrow. “If you think I understand what you are trying to say, you better think —” I started to say but he cut me off.

“Shut up,” he snarled, looking down, shuffling his feet against the tiled balcony. He banged his head on the metal bars that seperated us from falling over to our deaths. “Humor me for a while and just shut up and let me think.”

I rolled my eyes but heeded.

Finally he looked up. “Tony told you that I found a new girl a week after you left?” he said carefully.

I nodded.

“And you believed him?” he asked incredulously, forgetting about being careful.

“What?” I said, getting a little irritated. Did he really doubt me of my words?

He placed his hands on each side of my shoulders and roughly shook me and I pushed him away from me. “Annie!” he whined. “Ugh! I told you! Tony likes you! When he found out that you and I were secretly dating, he blew up, thinking I’d betrayed him. I would bet on my life that Tony wanted revenge and told you lies so you’d hate me. And it worked.” He gasped again. “Was that why your boyfriend” — he spat on the word ‘boyfriend’ — “and your brother glared at me just now?”

I nodded, looking down at my feet. I felt relieved to hear he didn’t find a new girl a week after I left. But I felt a little confused too. He still likes me . . . and . . . why is my heart thumping rapidly?

So what now?

Woo Chul hesitated. “Does he . . . make you happy?” He was referring to Mir.

“Woo Chul . . . I spent months — months — thinking you cheated on me,” I started.

“I know. I know that. I just want to know that even if Tony hadn’t told you lies, would you still have fallen for him?”

I thought about it carefully. I mean, sure enough, I still do have feelings for Woo Chul — not as much as I had for Mir, but it’s still there. I know for sure I’m in love with Mir. Yet how can I love him whole-heartedly when Woo Chul still makes my heart beat, especially now that I found out he still likes me and I still like him?

But I had to answer. So I nodded.

Woo Chul’s face fell with disappointment. But then he tried to smile at me. “I thought so. It’s okay. I’d expected it. Forget it, then.” He smiled bravely at me, a poker expression on his face but I can see the hurt in his eyes behind his words. He was trying his best to hide his chagrin but I knew enough to know he’s hurt.

The air was filled with tensed atmosphere. I stared out to the city lights and he mirrored my actions. “If I had suspected,” Woo Chul spoke up after a few minutes, “if I made him tell me where you were, I would’ve come and nabbed you back.” His voice burned with regret.

“I’m sorry.”

He shook his head. “Don’t apologize. It’s not your fault, Annie. I blame myself — mph!”

Without thinking, I’d covered his mouth with my own hands to shut him up. He removed my hands with his and pulled me close. He leaned down and kissed my forehead. “I love you. Annie, I love you.”

I pulled away, a bubble of confusion erupting inside of me. “But . . . I love Mir,” I replied miserably.

He smiled sadly. “Don’t worry. It’s fine.” He looked back. “C’mon, let’s go back. It’s getting chilly out here.” Without waiting for an answer from me, he got to his feet and wandered back inside.

“You don’t say,” I muttered as I followed him back.

What am I going to do?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ohboy, ohboy, ohboy. What is Mir going to do?! What is Woo Chul going to do?

Huaaaaaaa >.<

lol. comments and subcribers are loved <3 i'll reply to your comments later, kayss?

Right now I gotta go do my English test on a nice Sunday afternoon, good enough to sleep in D: waaaah T.T