Valentine's Day Dance

I'm Related to MBLAQ???

L.Joe’s POV

I was really nervous the next night. I’m going on a date with Yuri! I hope she enjoys herself. After all, it’s her first dance in this school. I wonder what she would think of everything. I sincerely hoped she will like it.

So when I arrived at her doorstep at seven sharp, I was already feeling the butterflies. I rang her doorbell with sweaty fingers and wiped them against my blazer, trying to calm down.

The door slowly opened . . . revealing Yuri’s brother Joon.

Joon can be . . . intimidating. I’m not sure how he feels about me but something about him scared me. I don’t know. “Annyeonghasaeyo, L.Joe imnida,” I said, trying not to make my voice shake at his presence.

He smiled warmly at me. “Hey, Yuri’s upstairs. She’s almost done with getting dressed.” He stepped aside to let me come in. Was this when the interrogating part starts?

“Yuri-yah! Your date is here!” Joon-sshi called up the stairs, grinning like a happy person. He looked back at me. “I think your jaws are going to drop,” he teased. “I was stunned as well.”

What is he saying?

Suddenly, there she was, coming down the stairs. When I looked up, my jaws dropped just like how Joon-sshi had predicted.

She was wearing a cute floral red tube dress with white flower prints and polka dots on the edges. On her feet were black gladiator heels. Her hair was tied into a half-ponytail, showing her earrings: white, angel wings. Wow . . . she was so . . . gorgeous.

She smiled shyly at me when she reached the last step. “Hi,” she said quietly.

I smiled, extending my arm to her. “Hey, you look so beautiful,” I said, kissing her on the cheek.

She blushed, looking down. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Joon-sshi trying to hold himself in, like he was going to burst out with happiness any moment. As if on cue, there was a snapping sound of a camera and we all looked up to see Mr. and Mrs. Lee standing at the hall, with a camera in Mr. Lee’s hands.

“Umma,” Yuri complained.

“Awww, my baby daughter looks so grown up now! I’m so happy I could cry,” Mrs. Lee gushed, pressing her cheeks together after handing the camera to Mr. Lee who looked just as equally happy.

Are they all the same?

Yuri blushed again and smiled at me. “Let’s go,” she said, grabbing her handbag, “before we get caught up in this madness.” Quickly she ushered me out of the house.

Luckily I passed my driver’s license test at the start of the year so I had a bit of experience in driving and Yuri would be in good hands with me behind the wheels — I hope.

I got us to our school and parked at the parking lot before leading her to the stadium, where the dance was going to be held. We gasped the moment we entered. The stadium had been amazingly transformed into a beautiful place where it was filled with red streamers hanging down from the ceiling, with heart-shaped balloons here and there. There was even a ‘Happy Valentine’s Day!’ banner hanging from above at the stage.

Around us, people were dancing to the music and some were at the refreshments’ table, drinking and jut chilling with their friends. Unfortunately, at one end of the stadium, students were starting to make out. Where were the teachers chaperoning the dance?

Sigh.

I looked at Yuri, whose eyes were sparkling in the midst of the light. I smiled, my heart thumping wildly. I spotted my friends and steered her over to them where they waved.

“Yuri-yah, you look amazing!” CAP commented once we were near enough within hearing range over the loud music that was playing.

She beamed. “Thanks. You all look great in your tux,” she said, gesturing to everyone’s outfits.

Niel smiled and kissed her forearm. “Why, thank you, milady,” he said with a smirk.

 “Yah, she’s my date,” I laughed, “go find your own lady.”

He just laughed good-naturedly.

Suddenly there was a loud squeal from behind and Yuri was attacked by Minzy. Following behind her was Taemin, who looked embarrassed to be seen with her.

“Annyeong,” he greeted, bowing to us politely as Minzy shook Yuri, squealing and commenting on how pretty she looked.

From my side, I saw Chunji blushing. I knew that he thought Minzy looked amazing in a little black dress and a long beaded necklace around her neck. I turned to him. “Why don’t you tell her how beautiful she looked tonight?” I teased.

“Don’t be crazy,” he mumbled, looking down at his fee, shuffling uncomfortablyt. He began playing with the hem of his shirt and soon the others began making fun of him.

Suddenly Minzy turned to me. “Sorry, L.Joe-sshi, but I have to steal Yuri for one tiny second,” she said and led her away before I even had a chance to answer.

Taemin sighed, following them. “I really don’t know why I bother hanging around with them,” he muttered under his breath as he tried to catch up to the two of them who had suddenly seemed to disappear through the midst of dancing people.

Ricky patted my back. “She’ll be back soon,” he said and began laughing all over again.

I shrugged. The night was just getting started. Might as well get some punch for Yuri and I for when she gets back to me.

 

Yuri’s POV

“What is it?” I asked Minzy the moment she led me far away from Teen Top. I looked down and saw her bag. Next to it was a box. I looked back up, grinning. I pointed to the box. “Is that for Chunji?”

She blushed. “It’s just a T-shirt that says ‘I’m y and I Know It’. Do you think he’ll like it?” she asked me worriedly.

I burst out laughing. “Are you kidding? He will love it!” I declared.

She looked relieved.

“So, what are you giving?” Taemin asked, coming up from behind us. He glared at us as though he blamed us for making him follow us through the crazy crowd.

I shrugged, smiling mysteriously. “Well, that’s for me to know and for you two to figure out. What did you get, Taemin?”

He shrugged. “I don’t know what to get for girls, so I just got a box of chocolate,” he replied.

“You’re going to make her fat,” I pointed out.

He poked me, scowling. “Thanks, Captain Obvious. Maybe if you had given me advice and not have told me to figure it out on my own.”

“Ah wells.” I shrugged, smiling innocently and he shook his head.

“Aish, really. . . .”

Something caught my eye. I turned to look and saw Mir and his friends entering the stadium. I had to admit he looked really good in a tux. It literally took my breath away. I stared at him, as though I was hypnotized.

 

Mir’s POV

As soon as I entered the stadium, I immediately felt someone staring. I turned to look and caught Yuri staring at me. I smiled and waved. She smiled, a little startled at first to have been caught, but she regained herself and waved back. I chuckled. Yuri was so cute. And she looked absolutely stunning in that dress. L.Joe is one lucky guy.

I smiled bitterly, turning away from her. Minho and Key noticed and patted my back sympathetically.

“My chest is always open to you,” Key said.

I scowled at him. “Yah, that’s disgusting,” I said and Minho burst out laughing. “ert.”

He shrugged, turning to Minho, who just pushed him away. “Don’t get any ideas.”

I looked around. Tonight is going to be a long night.

 

Yuri’s POV

Not too long after, I went back to L.Joe who handed me a cup of punch. I smiled, grateful. I was feeling a bit thirsty. I looked around. Everywhere I looked, everyone is having a good time. Even Teen Top were chatting and laughing among themselves. Minzy and Taemin were dancing in the crowd. I looked over at where Mir was and he seemed to be having fun too.

“Want to dance?” L.Joe asked, breaking my train of thoughts.

I put my cup down and smiled, taking his hand. “Sure, I’d love to,” I replied and we went to the dance floor.

Damn, he can dance. As we moved through beats, he was flawless. He spun me around and dipped me. I laughed. This was really fun. But unfortunately the song came to an end. But a new song came on.

A slow song.

I looked at L.Joe who placed his hands on my waist, pulling me close. I wrapped my arms around his neck and beamed at him. He leaned down and planted a soft kiss on my cheek. I looked up and saw him smiling down at me with so much warmth and . . . more?

I looked down, feeling my face grow hot. Why do I feel this way? Why is he looking so strangely at me? Did I do something wrong? Do I have something on my dress? It looked fine to me.

I felt him pulling me closer until I practically glued to him. He made my head rest on his shoulder, hugging me tightly in his arms. Frankly, I felt really comfortable in his arms. There was something about his hug that really made me so much relieved of the stress I have been feeling lately. I heard him letting out a satisfied sigh.

I sighed contently too, getting lost into the song, feeling safe in his arms. He nuzzled my forehead and I took in his cologne.

The microphone squeaked, cutting off the music, and we jumped back in surprised. Everyone turned to the stage and saw Ms. Goo standing there, tapping nervously on the microphone.

“May I have your attention?” she said through the mike. “I would like all students to go grab their last present for their Secret Cupid. It’s nearly time to reveal yourself.” She looked so happy, so excited.

There was a scuffling of feet as everyone hurried to get their presents. I looked apologetically at L.Joe who just smiled and shrugged before going off to where I left my bag with Minzy’s bags.

“I saw that,” she remarked, giggling, the moment we reached our bags. “You were so close to him!”

“But it’s Mir that I like, not L.Joe,” I shot back. I held onto my present tightly. “Good luck giving your present to Chunji without embarrassing yourself.”

She scowled. “Yah, it’s not funny,” she said just as Taemin laughed.

“Okay, now you can go reveal yourself!” Ms. Goo said and the place was a madhouse as people pushed and shoved to give presents to the one whose name they have picked.

Just as Minzy was about to find Chunji, he came up to her, bearing a gift in his hands and a wide and shy smile. L.Joe was beside him, trying not to laugh. It hit me at once and I burst out laughing, turning to Minzy, who realized it the same time I did. Her eyes went wide and she blushed shyly.

“You’re my Secret Cupid?” she asked, taking the gift from his hands.

He nodded. “Y – yeah,” he confessed. “You picked my name?”

She nodded, giving the gift to him. “Wow, what a coincidence.” She beamed widely at him and he smiled back.

I walked over to L.Joe and handed him my gift to him. “Happy Valentine’s Day,” I said. “I hope you like your present.”

“You’re my Secret Cupid?” When I nodded, he went on, “No wonder all my gifts were gifts I wanted but didn’t tell just anyone! I should’ve known.” He shook his head but he was smiling.

Suddenly Heaven By Your Side by A1 played. I was stunned, looking at L.Joe, who was grinning back at me. He was the one who knew how I wanted my Secret Cupid reveal his identity!

Could he be . . .?

I felt a tap of my shoulder. I turned around.

 “Happy Valentine’s Day.” Mir smiled sweetly at me, handing a small box to me.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kyaaaaahhh! It's MIR! O.O

Ohoh, who recognized Mir's line 'my chest is open to you' from Hello Baby to Joon? xD heeeeee :D updating next chapter now! ^^