Mir's Surprise

I'm Related to MBLAQ???

 

Mir’s POV

I wanted to make our first date really special, but how? I decided to call her brother to ask him for help. I mean, he was her brother, surely he would know something about her?

“Yeobosaeyo?”

“Hyung! I want to ask you something. Are you free to talk?” I looked at the time. It was ten in the night. Joon doesn’t go to sleep that late. I wonder if Yuri would be asleep now. I smiled, trying to imagine her sleeping. I bet she would be so cute.

“What?”

“What would be your sister’s ideal first date?”

There was a long pause before he finally replied. “Did you ask her out on a date?” he asked me. That . . . wasn’t the response I was looking for.

“Err . . . yeah.”

There was another long pause. “Well . . . I’m not very sure. But I think she likes things to be unexpected. So I don’t think you can just go with the typical movie date or the dinner date either. She likes to be surprised and doesn’t really like doing all the common first-date kind of dates, you understand?”

I frowned. That’s going to be hard, thinking up of something out of the ordinary. “Yeah, I understand. But I don’t know what to do.”

“Take her to a place where you both can have fun, like, maybe Lotte World.”

“That’s too common, though, isn’t it?” I asked.

He sighed. “True. . . . Erm, molla.”

He’s such a big help, isn’t he?

“I know! Why don’t you take her on tour around Seoul’s famous landmarks since she is not very familiar with the city of Seoul yet? Like the Namsan Tower or the Theme Park or —”

“I got it!” I exclaimed, suddenly getting the perfect idea. “Thanks for the suggestions, though, but I think I’ll stick to this. Bye!” I hung up and began planning. I had to make a few calls and plan out some things. But in the end, I managed to get everything done.

Now, it’s just making sure that it goes according to plan. I hope it’ll work.

 

Yuri’s POV

I walked into my brother’s room and began looking around for something that was missing. “Joon, have you seen my math book?”

Joon looked up on his bed from where he was reading a magazine. He blinked, his eyebrows furrowing together in confusion. “Er, why would your math book be in my room?” he asked.

“Good point,” I muttered. I walked back out of the room and went to search my room again. “Oh.”

“Found it?” Joon asked from his bedroom.

“Yeah!” I shouted back. I heard his ringtone go off and closed the door so I could concentrate on my math homework. After a long time, I decided it was time to sleep. I was sleeping peacefully in my bed when suddenly I felt someone jumping in next to me.

“Yuri!”

I found my brother making weird smiling faces at me from in the dimmed, orange light that came from my night lamp. I frowned. “What do you want from me? Take it. Just let me sleep.” I rolled over to the other side

“Yah, but I want you not to sleep,” he replied with a frown.

When I didn’t response, he tickled me. I squealed, turning around to face him. “What do you want?”

 “When did Mir ask you out on a date?”

I froze. “How’d you know about that?” I asked him, sitting up.

“Aha, that got your attention.” Joon got under the blankets and smiled expectantly at me. “So, tell me how he asked you out.” He propped his elbows ups and he rested his chin on the palms of his hands.

I frowned deeper and told him. He didn’t say much, just nodded his head. Once I was done, I lied back down on my bed. “Good night.”

“Yuri-yah . . .”

What?

“Nothing. Can’t I just sleep with my sister tonight? Please?” He opened his eyes wide and tried to use aegyo on me.

Fortunately for him, it worked. Sighing, I nodded and he snuggled up to me. “Aish, why are you like that?”

He hugged me. “Shhh,” he said, placing a finger on my lips. “Good night.”

 

The next morning, I woke up to find Joon sprawled all over my bed. I shook my head. Aish, this guy, really. I was starting to see the annoying side of my brother. Minzy walked through the door. She gasped when she saw my half- brother sleeping next to me. “Omo, I’m sorry!”

I rolled my eyes. “Just ignore him,” I said. “He sleeps like a pig so he won’t hear you. Anyway, what are you doing here, so early in the morning?” I asked her. It was eight in the morning.

“Nothing.”

I shrugged. Whatever. She’s weird like this. I got up and went to take a bath. By the time I was done and came out, Joon was still sleeping. But Minzy was gone. She disappeared.

Maybe she went downstairs or something. I headed out of my room and went down the stairs to the kitchen to prepare my breakfast. Just as I was about to pour milk into my cereal, the doorbell rang. I opened it and saw Mir standing there. Damn, he looked so y in a plain white shirt, black jeans and black leather jacket.

“Hey, you free today?” he asked me.

I blinked in surprised. “Uh . . . hey. Yea, I’m free,” I said blankly. What is he doing here?

He smiled. “Wanna go on a date?”

Oh. I smiled. “Sure. Let me eat my breakfast first? I just woke up.” I looked around, frowning. There was still no sight of Minzy.

I quickly ate my breakfast and we walked out. I was surprised to see a car instead of Mir’s bike. “Where’s your bike?” I asked.

He grinned. “I decided to take the car instead,” he replied. “The place I have in mind is a bit far and I don’t want you to be out in the open for that long.”

He was so considerate and thoughtful. He opened the door for me and I slid into the passenger’s seat. Then he got into the driver’s seat and drove off. We chatted comfortably as he drove.

“Where are you taking me?” I asked him.

He glanced over at me and smiled mysteriously. “Secret,” he replied.

I smiled, bemused, wondering just where this secret and mysterious place could be. After some time, I fell asleep. I woke up due to the rocky road. I looked out of the window and gasped. We were at the country-side. Could it be . . .? I turned to Mir, who smiled.

“I was hoping you could take a look at what life is at the country-side,” he replied. “I hope you like horses as we’ll be seeing a lot of them today.”

I frowned, looking down at my nice clothes. “But I don’t have any appropriate riding clothing,” I pointed out. I love horses, but I don’t want to spoil my clothes. I’m not shallow or anything but I do want to wear something comfortable while riding.

He shrugged, still smiling. “Why do you think Minzy suddenly popped up this morning?”

I gasped, realizing the whole idea now. “You mean she was packing my clothes while I was bathing?” I asked him.

He nodded. “Yeap.” He parked the car and we got out. “Welcome to my house.”

I looked around. It was pretty great, smelling the fresh air. It was really different than from the city. But I didn’t mind. And even though Mir lived in the country-side, his family owns a lot of properties.

He led me to the toilet where I changed into my old jeans and T-shirt. When I came out, he had changed out of his white shirt to a light blue shirt. The two of us went to the stalls and the stablehand helped prepare two horses for us.

Mir got a sweet Arabian mare named Evergreen while I got a moderate Morgan stallion named Slade. I knew how to ride a horse and Mir grew up riding one so we were free to roam about the fields, enjoying the fresh air.

Since behind the stables was a forest, we decided to take the horses on a free sprint. Urging them to go on a trot, we enjoyed the wilderness, feeling the cool wind on our faces.

Finally we stopped by a brook, got off and let our horses take a break. Loosening the girth and tying the halters to the tree so they wouldn’t simply run off, Mir and I sat down next to each other on the grass near the brook, watching the rapid current of water flow down the river, clear as a crystal. I smiled, hearing the birds chirping.

Spring was here.

Mir put his arms around me and pulled me close to him. I turned to see him smiling at the nature. I rested my head on his shoulder, snuggling up to him and he held me tight.

Somehow, even though we weren’t speaking, this felt really comfortable. It wasn’t awkward. It was nice. It was as though we were part of a fairytale story. It really seemed like it.

Unbelievable.

Mir leaned down on the grass, bringing me down with him until I was resting on his chest. I closed my eyes, feeling his chest heaved up and down every time he inhaled and exhaled.

I don’t know how long we spent there by the brook but eventually we decided it was getting close to lunch and went back to our horses.

I grinned at Mir after I tightened Slade’s girth and had mounted onto him. “Race you back to the stables,” I said and urged Slade to go in a canter, a good pace for the forest — not to slow, not too fast.

Mir shook his head and hurriedly jumped on his mare to catch up with me. I had a good head start so I was able to reach the stable first before he did. I slowed Slade down into a trot, then into a walk.

Mir was right behind me. “Cheater,” he remarked with a smile. “You went ahead before me.”

I shrugged, cooling Slade down before bringing him back into his stall to groom him. Mir did the same and we worked in silence, grooming our own horses. When I was done, I put everything back in the tack room. Then I walked back to Slade and gave him a pat. He nudged me and I giggled. I kissed him before walking out of the stall to where Mir was finishing up with Evergreen.

I stayed with Evergreen as he put everything back. Then the two of us went to wash up at the house before he drove us to town for lunch.

We had jajangmyeon (black bean sauce served with noodles) and samgyeopsal (pork belly). They were so delicious. After lunch he took me around the town and even showed me the school he attended.

Wow, it’s really amazing.

We took a lot of pictures of the scenery, a lot of selca, and a lot of pictures of us together — be it normal pictures or goofy pictures. This was a first date I will not forget. By the time we headed back home, it was already five-thirty in the evening. I was sad to leave, since I had a really great time but I was also tired. I fell asleep in the car again.

“Yuri-yah, wake up.” I felt Mir gently shaking me.

I opened my eyes dozily. “Huh? Where am I? Are we there yet?”

He chuckled. “You’re so cute. Anniyo, we’re back at home,” he told me.

I sat up straighter and realized we were parked out of my house. I smiled sheepishly at him. “Thanks, Cheolyong Oppa. I had a really good time.”

He smiled nervously. “So, er . . . how was it, for the first date?” he asked. “I didn’t know what you expected but I didn’t want to go for the cliché movie-and-dinner kind of first date.”

I smiled. “Honestly, I wouldn’t mind if it was that,” I told him, “but this first date was better than I would’ve imagined. Sure, it wasn’t romantic, but it doesn’t need to be for me to like it. And I really liked it. I enjoyed our first date.” I reached over and kissed his cheek. “I hope we can have more dates in the future.”

He smiled, kissing my cheek. “Definitely,” he said. “I’ll see you. Good night, Yuri-yah.”

“Good night, Cheolyong Oppa.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First date babeh! How was it? I hope I made it 'special' cos I seriously don't wanna go for the usual 'movie-dinner' first date type of thing. :D