It's Too Late

I'm Related to MBLAQ???

 

Yuri’s POV

Great. My family is disappointed in me. My friends are offended I can’t tell them what’s going on. My boyfriend is heartbroken because I broke up with him without any reasons.

Furthermore, Sohyun has been taking my lunch money (or food if I pack for myself) so I was really starving. I think was even starting to get gastric. I didn’t want to inconvenience my friends by borrowing money so I usually distracted myself in the library during recesses and lunches. Some more, I get hit on the stomach a lot.

I was practically alone in this situation and Sohyun seemed to be really delighted to hear this. It was like music to her ears. What a sadist.

I was growing weak with hunger, in pain, and I was so tired. My grades were slipping and it was another issue at home because I was normally a straight A student. Appa threatened to send me to a boarding school if I didn’t catch up with my work.

Well that scared a whole lot of outta me so I had to stay up late at nights to study. Thank goodness Joon sometimes accompany me, especially with math. I caught up with my work, but I was still so tired because of the sleepless nights I’ve been having as well as all of my energy drained thanks to the beating up before my school starts and after school ended.

I can’t take this anymore but I have to keep fighting. I have to do this.

I can’t fail now.

 

L.Joe’s POV

I noticed Yuri wasn’t anywhere near the canteen anymore. So one day I decided to follow her. I followed her to the library. She went to the small corner where hardly anyone ever go to and kneeled down, hugging her knees. She closed her eyes, clutching her stomach. I knew she was hungry.

But why isn’t she eating?

“Can I join you?” I asked her, approaching her.

She looked up startled, but she had nowhere else to go so she just nodded. “Sure,” she said weakly.

I sat down next to her and studied her. Is it possible that she was getting paler and skinnier? And that she was so tired, with obvious eyebags? “I’m sorry for what I did to you the other day,” I started. “You know, with the harsh words and slap.”

She shook her head. “It’s okay. I deserve it. But, well, I have to admit it was kind of unfair to say all that without knowing the real truth.”

I was taken aback by her words but I realized she wouldn’t be saying anything else so I just kept quiet. “How come I haven’t seen you eating anything for the past few days?” I asked.

Yuri shrugged. “I wasn’t hungry,” she replied.

“But you look hungry now.”

She shrugged again. She looked so weak, so tired, like she was going to collapsed any time soon. I was so worried about her. Is she okay? Why isn’t she doing a thing to make it all better?

Why is she hiding from us? What is she hiding from us, was even a bigger question.

 

Mir’s POV

I stared at my ceiling, wondering what Yuri is doing now. It was eight in the night. How is she?

Why did she break up with me?

Ring, ring!

I took my phone and saw that it was Key. I furrowed my eyebrows as I answered the call.

 

Yuri’s POV

I groaned as Sohyun punched me one last time before taking my money the next morning. “Remember, don’t tell anyone about this or else,” she threatened before walking off.

A few seconds later, Key came into the alley.

What the ? Oh crap, don’t tell me he was waiting at the alley.

“I was waiting at the alley,” he explained.

I groaned.

But he frowned. “Why didn’t you tell people Sohyun is bullying you?” he asked and I jumped. He grabbed my hand and unwrapped the cloth, showing all the cut marks there. He gasped. “, they’re really deep! Yuri! How could you do this to yourself? What did she say to force you into this?! Why are you encouraging her?”

There’s no point in hiding anymore.

“S – She said she’d h – hurt Teen Top if I d – don’t break up w – with M – Mir,” I stammered, my tears pouring out. It felt so good to finally get that out of my chest. But my chest hurt from the blows so it was really hard to talk.

Key put his arms around me. “We’re going to the hospital.”

“N – No!” I squeaked, terrified at the fact that we were caught. “No! She’ll hurt Teen Top!”

“Yuri, you’re hurt! In fact, you could be dying! How long has this been?” he asked me.

Tears fell down my face. “Almost two months,” I cried, sobbing into my hands.

Key walked me into his car but I refused. “No!”

“Yuri,” he said exasperatedly.

“What’s going on?”

I looked up and saw Mir standing in front of me in his bike, a frown on his face. He saw how badly beaten up I looked and gasped. “, Yuri, what happened to you?” He rushed to my side and wrapped his strong arms around me.

Honestly, I felt so much better. I snuggled into his arms and cried. Would my nightmare end like this?

“Sohyun has been bullying her,” Key explained. “I had suspected something but didn’t pay much attention to it. But it was getting too suspicious so today I decided to see what’s happening. I saw Sohyun beating her up. I waited until Sohyun was gone.”

Mir gaped at him. “That’s why you asked me to meet you here at this time so that we’ll see Yuri!” he exclaimed.

He nodded.

Mir turned to me. “Baby, what’s going on? Why is she bullying you?”

I opened my mouth to tell him when Sohyun’s words came back to me.If you tell anyone this, not only will Teen Top be in trouble, but your family as well.”

I clamped my mouth shut, refusing to answer. Mir sighed in frustration. “Yuri, the secret’s out so you might as well just tell us!”

I can’t! I’ll hurt Teen Top! I struggled in his arms as I tried to break free, ignoring the pain I was already feeling. Key tried to help hold me down. I kicked, yelled, screamed, struggled until I kicked Key’s jaw and nudged Mir with my elbow.

They both let me go and I took this chance to run from them.

But then I saw black.

 

Mir’s POV

Yuri was fighting.

Something Sohyun said must have made her not tell us, must have made her changed her mind about telling us. She began screaming, yelling, kicking. I covered but she bit me. Key tried holding her legs but she kicked him in the jaw.

That would hurt.

Then she elbowed me and I let go in pain. She ran, taking off. But then she must have been too weak and must have run out of energy because at that moment, she stumbled and fell to the pavement.

“Yuri!” Key and I gasped, running to her.

She’d fainted. Key and I carried her to the car and he drove her to the hospital, the fact that we still had to go to school forgotten. I took out her phone and read all her messages.

 

“Meet me at the alley for you punishment.”

“Don’t tell anyone about this unless you want me to kill you.”

‘Remember, don’t tell anyone this. If not, Teen Top will suffer.”

“I will make you pay for thinking that you even have a chance with Mir Oppa. He’s mine.”

“, get here! Why the are you late? Do you want to make me pissed? I will cut you ten more times today for being late!”

“Hey, slave, bring more money! My dad still refuses to give me money so I need yours.”

 

I scrolled through everything. Yuri must have been going through a nightmare. Sohyun is one ing evil . I was getting angrier at her the more I read the messages. I marked all of the messages and was about to press delete when Key stopped me.

“They’re evidence,” he explained to me when I asked him why he didn’t want to delete messages so evil like this, “to back up on what we have to say in case Yuri refuses again. You just keep first.” But he glanced at my fingers wrapped around it tightly. “On second thoughts, maybe I’ll keep it.” He took the phone from me and put it in his pocket.

Yuri, why did you have to go through this nightmare by yourself? You could have told us. We would have done something.

“That Sohyun is a ,” I growled as Key parked into the hospital parking lot.

“Less talking, more saving Yuri’s life,” he said as we got out of the car.

I carried her and ran to the hospital. “Nurse, please, I need help!” I pleaded.

The nurse took her away from me and ushered her to the emergency room. Key and I waited outside for her. I paced back and forth.

“Did you call her parents?” Key asked.

“Omo!” I cried out. I took out my phone and dialed Joon hyung’s number.

Half an hour later, her parents (including her dad) and her brother arrived at the waiting area where Key and I were.

“Thank you, for finding my baby, for rescuing her,” Mrs. Lee was saying to Key.

Joon and I exchanged glances. Mrs. Lee’s prediction was right: something bad has to happen to Yuri before we find out why. This is sick. I felt my stomach churning. This is so, so sick. How could Sohyun even do this?

My sweet, beautiful Yuri, enduring pain just for all of us. Why couldn’t she have just told me? I would have protected her.

I clenched my fist.

The doctor came out and we rushed to him.

“How is my baby?” Mrs. Lee asked, sobbing into a very distressed Mr. Lee.

Doctor Jang sighed wearily. “I’m afraid you rushed her in too late,” he said. “Oh, she’s not dead,” he hastily said as Mrs. Lee sobbed louder. “But her wounds and bruises are really serious. She was even burnt! You’ve let this drag on for far too long.”

“Will she be okay?” Joon asked in a whisper.

He shrugged. “I’m sorry, but I’m not sure. There is a lot of damage in the internal organs because of all the punches she’s received. How long has this been?”

“Almost two months,” I choked.

He nodded gravely. “I see. I’ll try my best to save her. But I have to warn you before hand, that I cannot guarantee a full recovery — or even a recovery at all.”

“Are you not a doctor?” Mr. Lee blew up. Joon and I were surprised. As far as we were concerned, Mr. Lee never showed any affection toward his children — especially to Yuri. “Save my daughter now! Why are you still here? You better save her or else!”

He bowed. “I will try, Mr. Lee, please understand,” he said and quickly walked away.

Please, Yuri, please be okay.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YAY THE SECRET IS OUT

But she fainted D: