Too Busy for You

I'm Related to MBLAQ???

Yuri’s POV

It happened again. He stood up me again. In fact, he stood up me countless times because of work. The next time he stood up on me, it was for dinner. I waited for him outside the restaurant. We were supposed to meet at seven-thirty.

When it was nine, I decided to head back home. I walked home until I heard a horn of a car. I looked up to see Doo Joon rolling down his window. “Need a ride?” he offered.

“Sure.” I got in the car and he drove me home.

“You okay?” he asked me hesitantly. “You’re really quiet tonight. What were you doing out there?”

“Mir stood up on me because of work,” I told him. I sighed and buried my face. I didn’t want to let him see I was crying with frustration.

But he must have sensed it because he reached over and rubbed my knee comfortingly. “I’m sorry,” he murmured. He kept quiet and let me sob on the way back home.

I got out of the car once we were there. “Thanks.”

But he shook his head. “I’m coming in with you. I’ll keep you company tonight until they get back, all right? I don’t want to leave you alone in this sort of state,” he told me.

I smiled a small smile as we went up to the house. We sat comfortably on the sofa and he listened to me as I told him about how hard it was to be Mir’s girlfriend when I hardly ever see him, how I envy Minzy because even though she’s so busy, Chunji still get to see her, and how unfair Rain-sshi was because I wasn’t allowed to see them when they were training. I was just really frustrated.

Thank God Doo Joon was there to listen to me. All he did was nodded at the right times and hugged me, my hair, kissing my forehead like how Joon would if he was here.

Around ten-thirty, he began telling me about his friends. He didn’t give me names because he said since I didn’t know them, I’d probably get them mixed up but he told me funny stories to cheer me up. It worked. It got me smiling.

He smiled. “Ah, there’s the smile on that pretty little face,” he commented, pinching my cheeks.

I giggled and snuggled up to him. “Thank you,” I said to him, “for keeping me company tonight.”

He shrugged. “I figured you need it.”

I kissed him on the cheeks, which made him tighten his grip on me.

“Ahem,” someone cleared his throat.

We looked up to see Mir. And he was glaring right at Doo Joon. Damn, he must have misinterpreted it.

“I’m her god brother,” Doo Joon hastily said and we broke away from each other. He stood up and held his hand out to him.

Mir just stared coldly at him which I thought was rather unfair.

“Mir, he’s my god brother, nothing else. You don’t have to be so harsh.”

“Why is he here?”

“Keeping me company, which was what you should have been doing,” I snapped, losing my cool.

He flinched at my harsh word and I almost regretted it — until he set his jaws and said, “Well, go ahead and have fun with your god brother.” He spun on his heels and walked toward his room, slamming the door behind him.

I sighed. He was being impossible. He’s always like this every time he gets jealous.

Doo Joon scratched the back of his head awkwardly.

“Uh . . .”

I smiled and sighed at the same time. “He’ll come to his senses soon enough,” I muttered.

“I should go.”

Just then the rest of MBLAQ walked in. Joon looked surprised to see Doo Joon there. “Hey, what are you doing here?”

“Keeping Yuri company,” he replied, gesturing to me. He smiled at the others. “Annyeonghasaeyo, I am Yoon Doo Joon, their god brother.”

“Annyeong,” Seungho said, bowing his head. “Uh, where’s Mir?”

“In his room,” I replied curtly. I kissed Doo Joon as he left and went into my room.

A few minutes later, Joon came barging in. “You and Mir had a fight, didn’t you?” he asked me.

“Such a busybody,” I sighed, closing the book I was going to read. “Yeah. He thought Doo Joon Oppa was . . . the guy I was cheating on Mir with.”

Joon raised an eyebrow. “Doesn’t he seem a little too old for you?”

I shrugged. “Tell it to him,” I said miserably and he went out of the room.

 

Joon’s POV

I unlocked Mir’s room with the spare key to find him in his bed. I kicked him. “Yah, that really was our god brother, you idiot,” I snapped. “Yuri’s upset that you would ever think that she was cheating on you. Are you stupid?”

Mir looked immensely guilty. “Is she mad at me?” he asked worriedly.

“I wouldn’t be surprised if she is,” I retorted and I let him be.

 

Mir’s POV

Damn.

Why do I always mess up? I scratched my head as I wondered what to do as the door opened again. It was probably Joon to yell at me more.

But then someone threw their arms around me and I knew it was Yuri. “Yuri ah, I’m so sorry, I was being a jerk,” I apologized.

She nodded. “Yeah, you were. But you were tired. I don’t blame you.”

Seriously?

Sometimes I wish she’d yell at me instead of being so forgiving. As she kissed me now, I reminded myself how lucky I am to have someone so faithful and patient with me.

I must never let her go.

 

Yuri’s POV

The next morning, I was the first one awake. So I made breakfast for the boys. The phone rang. I didn’t want the others to wake up so I ran and grabbed the receiver. “Yeobeosaeyo?”

“Ah, is this Yuri?”

“Eh, neh?”

“This is Rain-sshi. Is Seungho awake yet?”

“Hurr . . .” I looked over at Seungho’s room. His door was slightly ajar. I could see his leg poking out from his bed. “No, not yet.”

“All right, then just tell Mir that he’s scheduled to come in at one and should be able to go home around six in the evening,” Rain-sshi went on.

“Oh, arraso. Kamasahamnida, Rain-sshi. Annyeong,” I said and I hung up the phone.

“Who’s that?”

I turned around to see G.O, who just came out of his room, looking at me. “Oh, Rain-sshi said that Mir only has schedules at one to six today, that’s all,” I said.

He smirked. “Someone’s happy.”

I poked my tongue at him and ran inside Mir’s room just as the others emerged out sleepily from their room. I turned Mir’s alarm off so he could continue to sleep. He needs the rest.

The others ate breakfast and left. Mir was still in bed. I decided to watch him. I smiled to myself. Does he have any idea how cute he is?! He looked like a baby, sleeping like this. It made me want to pinch his cheeks.

Gah!

Then he frowned and muttered something, stirring in his sleep. Was he having a nightmare?

I held him tight in my arms, humming the tune of a slow song, and he soon fell back to a normal sleeping rate. I smiled, pushing the strand of hair that fell to his face away.

Around eleven-thirty, Mir finally woke up. The poor boy looked so confused to see me with him there. “Hi,” I said softly. I didn’t want to startle him. Who knows what he would do?

“Hey,” he mumbled. He turned over and looked at the clock. He sat up in a panic. “! Why didn’t you wake me? I’m so late!” He got up to get out of bed but I pulled him back.

“You’re not late,” I told him. “Rain-sshi called saying you only need to be there at one and come home at six,” I told him.

He paused, turning back. “Really?”

I nodded.

He frowned. “Still, you could have waked me up. Then we could have spent some time together after so long,” he pointed out. He got back in and wrapped his arms around me and I snuggled in his arms, resting my head on his chest. He kissed my forehead.

I shrugged. “We were together. I was in bed with you as you slept.”

“That’s not the same thing. I wasn’t conscious for that,” he replied, pouting.

I kissed his lips. “Go bathe. I’ll go make lunch — which will just be kimchi noodles.”

“All right, all right.” He went to the bathroom and I went to the kitchen.

We settled down to eat once the food was cooked and once he came out from the showers and had changed and everything, looking so dashingly handsome as ever.

“So, I’m allowed to come home at six?” he asked me cautiously.

I knew where this was going.

“What do you wanna do?”

“Movies?”

I nodded. “Sure. At seven, then?”

“All right. Bye!”

 

Mir’s POV

When the clock struck six-thirty, I began to pack my bags. I was done with my recordings of two of my rap as well as of my dance. Just as I was about to head out, Bi-sunbae came in with a frown on his face.

And he was making a beeline right for me.

Not good.

“Your recordings are lost,” he confessed. “I’m sorry. I know you have somewhere to go right now but could you stay back a bit longer just to record your rapping? The both of them? It won’t take much time, I promise. We’ll record your dance over again tomorrow.”

I sighed. “Bi-sunbae, I . . .” I hesitated.

Even though he asked, I knew there really wasn’t any other option. I nodded. “Just rapping?”

He nodded. “Just rapping.”

I sighed, following him to the recording room. The two raps takes up a few minutes, right?

I was wrong.

I kept messing up and the more I messed up, the longer I have to stay.

. I looked at the clock, it was already seven-thirty. Please let me get there on time.

 

Yuri’s POV

It’s eight. He’s not here. I sighed, kicking a stone. I should have known. I was about to head back when I heard someone call my name.

I turned to see Key jogging toward me. He smiled. “Hey.”

“Hey, don’t you have work?” I asked.

He shrugged. “I do get off days, you know,” he said. “Anyway . . .” He paused. “Oh. Mir not coming?”

I shook my head. “Don’t seem like it.”

He looked at the list of movies. “Well, how about you and I go together then?” he said. “It’s not too late to catch one. The next show starts at eight-fifteen.”

I shrugged. I didn’t want to spend a night alone again and Doo Joon was busy. “Okay,” I replied and we went in to watch a movie.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Double update because I'm awesome liddat~ Actually, nah, I'm just lifeless. I should be studying for math T.T

Anyway, damn. Mir thought Doo Joon and Yuri ... aish, that boy. Sighsss.... Hope Miri could work things out, eh?