Parting Words

I'm Related to MBLAQ???

 

No One’s POV

The car ride to the hospital was filled with silence as each and every one of them was preoccupied with their own thoughts of worries, anxiety, and depression.

Seungho couldn’t believe this was happening. His whole body was shaking when he realized what this meant. Aunty Jasmine might die today, he thought sullenly. He glanced over at Joon, who had a grim expression on his face as he stared out of the window. Then he looked over at Yuri who blinked multiple times to stop from crying., looking at nowhere in particular.

He felt pain in heart for two people he cared about so much. They were going through a bad time right now. Joon loved his mother dearly and Yuri was still so young to be losing her mother. . . . He, too, was just as upset, but this was their mother, not his. But he had always had a soft spot for Mrs. Lee. She was a good, kind woman. He shook his head He needed to be strong for the group.

G.O glanced worriedly between Joon and Yuri. He felt bad for them and thought it was a cruel and terrible way for them to suffer like this. He didn’t think it was fair that Mrs. Lee had to suffer and die like this. Someone with a kind heart did not deserve this at all. And the two people like Joon and Yuri did not deserve to suffer along. He planned to make the most of his time with Mrs. Lee and to be there for the two Lee children no matter what. They need him, they need everyone.

Cheon Doong, who was sitting next to Yuri, turned to her and hugged her gently, knowing she needed comfort more than any other things now. He didn’t know how to comfort her in any other ways. He felt awkward yet Yuri gave him a small smile, letting him know she appreciated that he was being concerned for her.

Joon’s expression was unreadable. No one could understand nor even guess just what he was thinking about right now at this very moment. They all just knew what he could possibly be feeling, but when it comes to what his thoughts were, no one could come up with a good description nor idea. Joon was never one to show his true feelings, like Yuri.

That was what Joon wanted; he wanted that: not let anybody know how desperate and depressed he was feeling right now. He didn’t want them to know what he was thinking about, what he was truly feeling at the moment. He was scared, fearful, afraid, and he felt vulnerable. And feeling vulnerable was something he didn’t like that affected his ego. His pride comes before vulnerability, but he felt that he had to put on a brave face, particularly for Yuri’s sake. She was a lot more vulnerable than he was.

Why didn’t I tell them about Umma last night? Why didn’t I tell Mir?, Yuri thought frantically as she wringed her hand nervously in the car as the vehicle drove slowly (in her eyes, when Seungho was actally speeding) to the hospital. Yuri, you’re such a babo! I can’t believe you didn’t bother thinking twice after what Appa said yesterday!

She shook her and sighed, trying to hold back tears, but she was beside herself and she could have kicked herself if the others weren’t watching. She hung her head low, hiding it between her knees.

Mir saw how depressed Yuri felt and blinked. Now he knew why she was so upset last night. Something must have happened to her mom that she was so upset about that made her run out of the door. And now she was in rage with herself for not doing anything better. He put his arms around her and hugged and she began to sob in his arms.

If it was anyone else, they wouldn’t have put the pieces together. But Mir knew. He was connected to her in some ways you can’t explain. Right now, he reached out to her and took her hand. “Jagiya, I’m here for you,” he murmured.

She nodded and he wiped her tears away with his thumb, careful not to be rough. He kissed her lips softly and she sighed. He felt her body trembling and wrapped his arms more securely around her into a tight embrace.

Once they arrived at the hospital, they immediately made a beeline to Mrs. Lee’s room and were shocked to see her so frail, weak and worse of all . . . dying. Mr. Lee, HaNa and Doo Joon looked up when the six of them came into the room.

Yuri’s face crumpled again when she saw her mom and ran into her arms, burying her face into her neck and her mom’s eyes softened, hugging her back. Joon did the same and the three of them embraced for a long while.

Finally, when they broke apart, Mrs. Lee turned to all of them. “I want to speak with each of you privately before I die.”

“Umma, you’re not dying today!” both Joon and Yuri cried out in despairing anguish.

She shrugged. “But I’m dying soon,” she said as calmly as possible.

But both her kids refused to listen, they refused to accept the fact that the woman who raised them up is going to die just like this. True, she may have raised Yuri up more, but she gave Joon enough attention that he needed while growing up to be the man he was now. As for Yuri, she was really depressed. She didn’t want her mother to die.

Who would?

“Umma, anniyo,” Yuri pleaded.

Everyone could have broken down and cried there and then, watching the little girl they all love abd care so much in so much pain like this. Doo Joon, Seungho and G.O all looked away so no one would see their tears. Cheon Doong looked down at his feet, wiping the already-fallen tears from his face. Mr. Lee and Joon sighed heavily, both having a grave expression on their usually handsome faces. And Mir was doing his best not cry, seeing his girlfriend cry like that.

“I want to see my husband first,” Mrs. Lee said to them quietly. “I’ll let him know who I want to see next after him.”

Everyone got up and left them alone in peace and trooped outside at the waiting area. After a really long time, Mr. Le finally emerged out from the room. He looked at Joon.

“Your turn,” he said quietly.

 

Joon’s POV

I closed the door behind me and turned to my mom. There she was, sitting weakly on the bed with a bright smile on her face. Aish, how can she still smile like that when she’s about to die?

I sauntered over to her and took her hand in mine. I rubbed my thumb gently over her hand. “Umma . . .” I started to say but then I trailed off. What can I say to her?

“Joon ah,” Umma said softly. “Promise me that you will take care of your sister for me. I know she will be in a state once —” She choked, unable to finish, but the last word lingered in my mind.

Once I die . . .

I nodded. “I will,” I promised. “You know I will.”

“I want you to be the man you want to be. Don’t let anyone get in your way. Believe in your own values. I know you can do it.”

I nodded again.

“Make sure she and Mir stays together,” Umma went on. “I like to think that the two of them will always be together. Mir really makes her happy and I can see the love in his eyes every time he thinks or looks at Yuri. It’s really cute.”

I laughed. “They do seem perfect for each other,” I agreed. “I will, Umma.”

“Good.” Umma closed her eyes and smiled. Then she opened them and looked at me seriously. “You know, when I heard that I was pregnant with you, I was elated, overwhelmed with joy. It was the happiest day of my life. When you were born, I knew you were going to do something great in your life. And you did. You are. You’re becoming an entertainer with your passion of music and dancing.

“I’m glad you refused to follow in after your dad’s footsteps as a businessman. I can’t imagine you as a businessman or anything other occupation than this. I knew it from the moment I watched your first recital in your kindergarten concert.”

I smiled, touched and speechless that she had thought of me that way. “Thank you, Umma, for always believing in me, for being there when I need you. And I’m sorry if I ever disappointed you.”

She shook her head. “Never, my son.”

After awhile, my time was up.

Before I left, I kissed my mother on the forehead and hugged her tightly. “Umma, I love you,” I whispered into her ears.

She kissed my cheek. “My dear, I’ll always love you and I’ve always love you.”

I brushed the tears away from my cheeks as I walked out. “Yuri-yah, your turn.”

Yuri tensed and stiffly nodded, standing up like a robot and walking slowly toward the room. She was scared. But this time, neither Mir nor I am able to help her inside.

 

Yuri’s POV

I walked inside, feeling upset. When my mother smiled at me, that did it. I burst into tears and ran into her arms and she embraced me tightly, murmuring few reassuring words to me, my hair like how she did whenever I was upset.

Who’s going to do that when she’s gone?

“Oh, sweetheart, you know I love you,” Umma said softly into my ears. “I’ve always did, you know that. Promise me you’ll not lock yourself up once I’m gone. Promise me you’ll open up to Mir and Joon and everyone. Do not shut them out, okay? I know you. You will do that when you need friends the most. I don’t like it.”

I nodded, looking at her with teary eyes.

Her face softened as she tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.  She kissed me on the forehead. “Darling, I love you.”

“Umma, you’re the best mom ever,” I told her. “You always know the right things to say and you’re always there for me, supporting me in whatever I do, and you never ever raised your voice with me yet you managed to discipline me.”

She poked my cheeks. “Don’t get too cocky, calling yourself disciplined.”

I giggled.

“Umma, you are simply the best. I’m sorry for all the times I’ve rebelled against you. I never appreciated all you’ve done for me and now . . .” I swallowed hard, fighting back the tears that were threatening to pour out again.

She hugged me and we stayed like that for a long time. We didn’t need to words; we just needed each other like this for the time being. As i desperately clinged onto her, she held me for what could be for the last time.

 

Mir’s POV

When Yuri came out, her eyes were red and puffy from crying. I felt this pang of pain in my heart when I saw her like that. She turned to Aunty HaNa, indicating it was her turn to go in. As soon as Aunt HaNa closed the door behind her, Yuri turned to me, struggling to find the words to tell me something I already knew what she wanted to say.

Wordlessly, I opened my arms wide and she ran into them and snuggled into me. She smelled so heavenly, with the vanilla perfume I got for her. Her scent was intoxicating, alluring, and sweet. She huddled in me, bringing her knees to her chest, balling herself up while I wrapped my arms firmly around her, tucking her head under my chin. One hand was on her head and the other was around her waist, making sure she doesn’t fall off.

I could hear her sniffling. Everyone else looked to their feet, hearts breaking as they watched Yuri cry. I was the only one who had to try my best not to cry for I needed to be strong for her.

Finally the door opened again and Aunty HaNa turned to me. “Your turn,” she said.

Yuri unwillingly extracted her arms from me and I was worried about leaving her alone for awhile but my problem disappeared when Doo Joon stepped out and took her from my arms. I nodded once to him before I walked inside.

She smiled when she saw me. Before I could sit on the chair, she was already talking. “I know I can trust you to love my daughter unconditionally but I do want to know if you would ever have second doubts about her.”

I shook my head, shocked she’ll even say this sort of thing. “Anniyo!” I cried out, a little too louder than I had expected. I recollected myself. “I mean, of course not. I really care about her and I’d never break up with her. She means the world to me.”

Aunty Jasmine studied me for a bit. “Why do you love her?”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'M BACK!

And the next chapter will come out very soon so stay tune~ :D

Sighs, I sound so happy when this is such a sad chapter.