Will You Go Out With Me?

I'm Related to MBLAQ???

Mir’s POV

I smiled at her. She smiled back, taking my present. “You’re my Secret Cupid?” she asked and I nodded. She opened the box and gasped, lifting up the small, pearl-shaped ball on delicate gold chain. “Wah, it’s so beautiful,” she breathed.

I beamed, knowing she would like it. She looked at L.Joe. “You knew,” she said. “You knew it was him.”

He nodded.

She gasped, her eyes widening, and turned back to me. “You asked him to ask me how I wanted my Secret Cupid to reveal himself to me!”

I nodded, laughing. “Thank you, Byunghun,” I said. “I couldn’t have done it without you.”

He shrugged, smiling. “It’s nothing,” he replied. “I’ll just leave you two alone while I go give my present.” He gave me a wink before disappearing.

I took the chain from Yuri and helped her fastened it around her neck. I stepped back, admiring it. It really looked good on her.

She touched it carefully, smiling. “I really like it a lot,” she said.

I took her hand and led her to the dance floor. “I’m glad you do,” I replied sincerely, placing my arms on her waist, pulling her close. I grasped her chin and titled her head upward to mine. I leaned down and kissed her on the forehead.

She smiled, closing her eyes, leaning her head on my chest. I hugged her as we swayed to the music. This is how it’s supposed to be. If only we were something more than just friends.

 

Yuri’s POV

Mir dropped me home since I spent the rest of the time with him. L.Joe made sure I was safely in Mir’s car before he went home himself. Minzy was disappointed that L.Joe wasn’t my Secret Cupid but it didn’t last long when Chunji offered to drive her home.

Taemin? Well, he got the worst luck. Sohyun picked his name. But at least he picked someone else’s name. Too bad she already had a boyfriend. And she was really pretty too.

The night was ending fast but I didn’t want it to come to an end; not a magical night like this. It was too soon. But it has to come to an end.

Mir stopped at my house and walked me to the door. I leaned against the door, smiling. “Thanks for the wonderful night, Cheolyong sunbae,” I said shyly.

He kissed my forehead. “Anytime,” he said softly. “Sweet dreams, Yuri. I had a great night too.”

I kissed his cheeks. “Good night,” I said before going inside the house. I smiled, closing the door. Tonight was definitely one of the best nights of my life. Just as I was about to go up the stairs, Joon came down.

“How was the dance? How come you came home with Mir? I thought you were with L.Joe? Did you have fun?” he asked me, bombing me with questions after questions, barely giving me enough time to answer one by one.

I held up a hand. “Whoa, hold it there, big guy,” I said. “The dance was great. Cheolyong sunbae was my Secret Cupid and I happened to have spent the remaining time with him, that’s why he fetched me home. And yes, I had fun and the dance was great. The deco team did a really good job.” I nodded toward the stairs. “If you, er, don’t mind, I’m tired. I want to sleep.”

He nodded, hugging me. “Aigoo, you’re so pretty in this dress!” he commented, laughing. He released me and I went up to the stairs.

As soon as I turned the lights in my room, I looked at the things Mir bought for me. I smiled. I loved them. And the fact that it came from him made them even more special to me, especially the big bear with the BE MINE heart.

I went to sleep, hugging the bear that night.

 

Over the next few weeks or months (I lost track), it was clear that Minzy and Chunji were now an item. I hung out with them and soon my friends were all friends with one another because of them. L.Joe and I became closer and he was always trying to get me to confess to Mir that I like him. It was tiring and painful to like him from a distance but not being able to say anything. I was scared that I might come off as one of the other girls who all liked Mir, like Sohyun.

I was getting closer to Mir as well, along with the other MBLAQ guys, as I often follow Joon to one of their house for their Games Day/Night whenever I don’t have plans with my own friends. It was fun and every day I got more and more attracted to him. I don’t know. There was just something about that red-head, silly guy that made me like him so much.

One Saturday afternoon, all of MBLAQ and I were hanging at Mir’s house. We were all downstairs in the living room where we were playing on his PS2. His parents were out as usual. His sister was somewhere, probably at her friend’s place.

I was just watching them play when I suddenly had the urge to go to the toilet so I stood up from where I was sitting and started to head for the stairs where the toilet was. I didn’t want to use the toilet downstairs because the maid just cleaned it.

“Eh, where are you going?” Byunghee asked me.

“Toilet,” I replied, making my way up the stairs. When I came out from the toilet, I did not go back downstairs. I smiled to myself as their loud voices thundered (pardon my pun, Cheon Doong-sshi) from downstairs.

I walked to the window and stared out of it. I loved his bedroom view.  I looked out of the window to the playground scenery before my very eyes. I could see kids laughing, playing. I saw a couple kissing on the bench. I sighed. I wanted to be like the couple, with Mir. I wanted it so badly that my heart ached just thinking about it.

But I didn’t think he would ever think of me that way.

“Enjoying the view?”

I spun around to see Mir standing at the doorway, his head tilted with a small smile playing on his lips. I felt my heart thumping wildly at his presence that I could only nod.

I blushed as he made his way to me. Can he hear how fast, how loud, my heart was beating? For him?

He stood next to me and looked down. He smiled at the couple. “One day, I want to be like that with the girl I like,” he said softly.

Oh, he likes someone. Great, now he definitely will never like me.

He turned back to me and smiled his winning smile. I thought I would melt at his cuteness. I felt so shy around him. I didn’t know what to say to the boy I like. I was tongue-tied. Finally I got the courage to speak up. “I’m sure your girlfriend will be happy, Cheolyong sunbae,” I said to him.

He smiled again. He took my hand began to play with it, it gently. “Call me oppa,” he told me. “We’re close friends enough for you to call me that, right, Yuri-yah?”

I nodded, delighted when he put his arms around my shoulder. When was Mir so bold? He was always quite shy and he always kept his hands to himself. Well, except for that one time when he kissed me on the cheek at the football field in front of his friends. And during the dance. I’m not complaining. I liked it.

We stood there, in silence, just enjoying the view. But I found it incredibly hard to concentrate with him standing so close to me. If Joon comes in now, I’m dead. “Yuri-yah, do you like someone now? Like, do you have a crush on anyone? Or do you still like Woo Chul?” Mir asked me, breaking the silence.

I blinked, looking at him. Should I confess? Or should I just act dumb? What should I do? I decided to play it safe. I nodded. “I don’t like Woo Chul anymore,” I replied. I looked back out. “But there is a guy I like, but he’ll never like me. He’s too good for me.” Telling him that I like someone but not revealing who it is, is good. That way he knows I like someone but won’t know that it’s him that I like — which is not entirely the truth but it’s not a complete lie either.

He chuckled softly. “I would have thought it’d be the opposite — that you are too good for him. But I’m sure he’ll like you back.”

I shook my head, remembering how he hinted to me that he already like a girl. And no way can it be me. I don’t think I’m worthy enough to be his girlfriend — or even go on a date with him, for that matter. “I don’t think so,” I told him.

“Why do you say that?”

“Because . . . you like someone else.” A tear escaped my eyes. Oh no, I can’t be crying in front of him! He’ll think I’m stupid or too immature.

Wait . . . did I say ‘you’?

Before I could wipe my tears away, I felt a soft thumb on my cheek. I looked up to see Mir looking at me with a serious face. “Did you say ‘you’?” he asked me, blinking his eyes.

Oh no.

“Um . . .” I bit my bottom lip like how I always do whenever I was nervous.

Mir cupped me face in his hands and turned me around to face him. “You’re wrong,” he told me. “I don’t like someone else. I like you.”

“Chincha?” I can’t believe what I’m hearing.

He nodded. “I’ve always liked you, ever since I met you. I just didn’t say anything because your brother might kill me and I didn’t know if you felt the same or not.” He clasped my hands to his and smiled. “Yuri-yah, would you like to go on a date with me?”

I nodded and he smiled even bigger, hugging me. I closed my eyes. “Cheolyong Oppa,” I murmured, feeling his tight grip on me.

“One day,” he murmured in my ear, “one day we’ll be like that couple we saw at the park.”

 

Later that night, I was smiling to myself, wondering where we were going for our date when I remembered I had to call Minzy. I grabbed my phone quickly dialed her number.

“Hello?”

Why does she sound like she’s crying?

“Minzy, what’s wrong?” I asked, forgetting all about me and Mir. “Why are you crying?”

“It’s – it’s Chunji . . .” she said, sobbing.

I sat up, suddenly feeling afraid. Did they fight? Did they break up? No! That’s too soon! Did he cheat on her? I’d kill him if he did.

“What did he do?” I demanded to know.

“He made me watch Hachiko! Stupid guy! He knew I would cry yet he made me watch it!” she burst out and I heard a soft chuckling at the other end of the line.

“Minzy, I’m sorry but I knew you’d like the show,” I heard Chunji saying in the background.

“Yah! I was worried that you guys had a fight or he cheated on you or something!” I exclaimed but yet I was relieved it was nothing horrible.

“Hi, Yuri,” Chunji said into the receiver. “As you can probably tell, Minzy can’t quite talk. I think she’s still mad at me.” He chuckled softly and went on, “What’s up?”

“Babo! If you ever really hurt her, I’d kill you!” I said to him.

He laughed. “Arra, arra,” he said lightly. “Well, I am guessing the reason why you called is because you have something important to talk to my girlfriend about, right?”

“Yeah . . . but your girlfriend isn’t in the right state of mind to talk now,” I sighed.

“Sorry. What’s the subject?”

“Cheolyong sunbae.”

“Ah. Hang on. Minzy ah, Yuri wants to talk to you about Mir.”

“What about Mir?” I heard Minzy’s voice over the phone and laughed, knowing she had snatched it away from Chunji.

“Omo, Minzy, you’d never believe it! He asked me to go on a date with him!” I squealed excitedly.

Minzy squealed as well and the two of us began to chat away, wondering what I should wear, where he will take me to, and all that.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kyaaah, how's the story so far? o.o