What Are We?

I'm Related to MBLAQ???

 

Mir’s POV

“She’s fine, but she’s been induced to a coma,” the doctor went on. “I don’t know how long she’ll be asleep or when she’ll wake up. But it should roughly about a week,” he replied.

That wasn’t exactly reassuring, but at least she was still alive. I finally looked up and wandered over by Key’s side. He smiled sympathetically at me.

The doors opened again and they brought her bed out, with Yuri sleeping in her bad. Her bruises can’t be covered and they were purplish-blue. Her cuts were covered up. I don’t want to even see it. Her face was pale and she looked so weak.

Mrs. Lee broke into sobs, seeing her daughter in a state like this. Joon wrapped his arms around her and comforted his mother. L.Joe clenched his fist, looking away. Principle Kwon had an unreadable expression on his face. Sohyun looked like she wanted to cry. Key held his breath, blinking.

I took a step toward her and reached to touch her face.

It was warm.

I her cheek, tears pouring down my face. That was when my knees gave and I fell, kneeling in front of her bed. I covered my face and sobbed. “Yuri ah, wae?” I asked through my tears. “Please, fight for your life. Please . . . stay strong. Why didn’t you tell me about it? Why did you have to keep it a secret? Tell me, why?”

Key put his hand on my shoulders but I shrugged it off aggressively.

“Yuri-yah, please, don’t leave me!” I pleaded. “I’m so sorry for not persuading you hard enough. Please, don’t go. Wake up soon! Please.”

The nurses took her bed away but I remained where I was on the floor. Mrs. Lee, Principle Kwon and Sohyun followed them while Joon, Key and L.Joe stayed behind with me.

They all crouched down around me. “It’ll be okay. She’s not dead. She’s fine,” L.Joe said softly, trying to stay positive.

“She’s not going to die,” Joon said but his voice cracked.

“She’ll be fine,” Key agreed firmly with much more determination.

“I never even got to tell her I love her,” I whispered.

 

It’s been almost two weeks and she’s still in a coma. And the doctor said she’ll wake up in a week! What is this?!

Every day I would visit her, I would talk to her, hold her hands. And she would not even stir a bit. Yuri just slept on. News about what Sohyun did to Yuri got out and she was expelled from school and moved to boarding school for troubled kids.

Everyone kept asking me how I was, if I’m holding up all right. I lied and said I was fine but I really wasn’t fine. I was a mess.

Yuri-yah, when will you wake up?

One day after school, I decided to visit her. She was still at the same position. I smiled sadly, sitting down. I grasped her hand, it gently with my thumb. “Hi, how are you?” I asked.

Obviously, I got no response back.

“Well, today, we had our physics test,” I told her. “I think I did okay. I’m not sure. I hope I can pass. Mr. Park said it’s important for our final exams result. I know Key wasn’t confident about it. Neither was Minho, for that matter. And they are usually the smartest among the three of us. So I hope that I did okay.” I looked out at the window.

It was sunny.

How can an awfully cheerful day be a day when Yuri isn’t enjoying the sun? If she was awake, we’d be at the park, laughing, running around, and cuddling up with each other.

I miss her laugh, her smile, her eyes, her touch, her kiss. I miss everything about Yuri. I turned back to her. I stood up and leaned forward to kiss her softly on the lips. “Yuri-yah, I love you,” I whispered softly. “Please, come back to me.”

I stayed there for an extra hour before I decided it was time to leave. My mom was probably going to wonder where I was. I stood up and left just as a nurse came in. She smiled warmly at me, recognizing me. “Do you want to help me hold her while I wash her back?” she asked.

I nodded, thinking it couldn’t hurt to stay for extra few minutes.

I helped her support Yuri into a sitting position as she washed her back and cleaned her arms, face and legs. I was careful not to look at where I shouldn’t look. I kept looking at her face. Then I laid her back down on the bed gently and the nurse stepped out. I kissed Yuri on the cheeks and grabbed my bags.

I’ve stayed too long. I need to get home before my mom grounds me for spending too much time here. I can’t have that. Not now.

“Goodbye, Yuri-yah,” I said, trying to put on a happy face. I turned around and headed out of the door. “I will come back tomorrow. Please wait for me. I will be back soon, okay?” I stepped out of the room.

“Cheolyong . . .”

I froze.

“Ch - Cheolyong Oppa . . .” The voice was clear, although soft.

I turned around and rushed back to her side. Her eyes were still closed, but her head was turned slightly sideways. I stared expectantly at her, waiting, holding my breath.

“Mir . . .” Her lips definitely moved.

I gasped, dropping my bag on the floor, the fact that I need to get home now forgotten.

Yuri stirred a bit before her eyes flickered open. She looked up to the ceiling, blinking, trying to get her focus, before she turned back down to me. She frowned. “Who are you?”

I seriously hope she’s not joking.

“Yu – Yuri,” I stammered, taking her hand in mine. “Yuri-yah, it’s me. Don’t you remember me?” My whole body was trembling as I waited for her to recognize me. She can’t forget me!

She frowned, studying me long and hard as though she’s trying to place me in her memory. She began to shake her head. Then she blinked a couple of times and the confusion was gone, replaced by recognition and a smile on her pretty face. “Mir!” she said happily, trying to sit up. She threw her arms around my neck and gave me a tight squeeze.

I hugged her back. “Yuri-yah! You’re finally awake!” I said, relieved.

She pushed me away, her eyes filled with fear. “Omo! Wait, where am I? How did I get here?” she cried out hysterically, looking around at her surroundings. “I’m at the hospital? Oh , oh , Sohyun is going to kill me!”

“Wait!” I covered , muffling her voice. “First of all, you’re not going to die. She’s not going to kill you. The truth came out. She confessed to what she did — well, after we said we had the evidence. Principle Kwon expelled her and sent her to boarding school so you’re safe now.”

“What about Teen Top?” she asked worriedly. “She said if I tell anyone, she’ll hurt Teen Top like how she had hurt me!”

I hugged her. “Baby, the nightmare is over. All right? Don’t worry.” I kissed her forehead, heaving a sigh of relief. “Everything is going to be fine.”

She looked down, tears b her eyes. “Do you hate me?”

“Of course not!” I said, shocked. “Why would I ever hate you? But I am mad at you for not telling us,” I went on. “You nearly scared the out of all of us, especially me. I thought you were going to die.”

“I only did it to protect my friends,” she said in a quiet voice.  She looked up. “Did you call the doctor to let him know I’m awake?” she asked.

“Oh right!” I smacked myself on the forehead. I’d been so caught up with the fact that she was awake I’d forgotten to get the doctor. “Be right back.” I dashed out of the room, hearing her chuckling. I smiled, missing that laugh. I came back a few minutes with the doctor right behind me.

After he made a few checkups on her, he declared her as healthy but still very weak so he said that it’s most likely that she will have to remain in the hospital for a couple more days to regain her strength and for them to do some tests on her. That, she was not happy to hear.

She can’t stand hospitals.

When he was gone, I turned back to her. “Why did you keep this a secret from all of us? Why did you have to hurt yourself for this? Do you have any idea just how worried we all were? How worried I was?” I shook my head.

“She threatened to hurt Teen Top,” she said, tears falling down her face. “I couldn’t let that happen. They can’t be hurt because of me.”

I shook my head again. “What is she going to do to them? She hates them because she’s scared of them. It’s not easy to take down Teen Top. L.Joe’s dad is powerful in the Government of Education here. Heck, if anything, he could easily destroy Sohyun’s family if he wanted,” I explained. “He could sack Principle Kwon and find a new principle to replace him. He could also make a complaint to the head of the education office and then Principle Kwon could never find another job and since her mom is a teacher, he could easily take her job away from her too.”

“Oh.” She looked down on her fingers. “How on earth did you manage to make me feel like an idiot?” she mumbled.

Before I had the chance to answer that, the door flew opened and MBLAQ all came crashing inside. “Yuri! You’re finally awake!” they all cried, throwing hugs and kisses (mostly from Joon) at her.

I frowned, irritated at my hyungs. I was having a private conversation with her. Leave it to them to come and interrupt.

Joon began scolding her for everything that I had sort of scolded her for and she just rolled her eyes since she already heard it from me. But then she frowned. “Is Umma okay?” she asked.

Joon shrugged. “She’s been really tired these days due to work. You getting into this mess made it worse, I think,” he replied.

Seungho whacked him. “Yah, can’t you have said it in a more tactful way?” he scolded him.

“Yeah, Joon, you tactless person,” Byunghee chimed in but he was trying his best not to laugh at Joon’s blur and wide-eye expression.

“Bwoh? What did I do?” Joon protested, oblivious to the words he just used.

I caught Yuri’s eyes and we smirked. She snuggled up in my arms as the rest of MBLAQ all chatted with her. Her parents came to visit her as well. Luckily her dad did not scold her. If anything, he was actually really relieved to see that she was still alive and well, despite the many bruises and the cuts. We all were.

As Mr. and Mrs. Lee went out to get dinner for all of us (no matter how much we protested that it was really unnecessary), Yuri began to fall asleep due to so much energy wasted, even though she’d spent most of it on sleeping for the past few weeks. She slept in my arms and our volume quieted down.

Cheon Doong smiled at me. “You guys really look like a couple,” he remarked.

I blushed, her hair gently. “Thanks,” I said softly, looking at her, my heart beating like crazy like how it always did every time I see her.

I put my arms around her and held her close to me. I actually don’t know what to feel about me and her anymore. Would we still be a couple after this? I have a feeling that we might but I may be wrong.

I leaned down and kissed her on the lips. Yuri-yah, I think I’m falling more in love with you.

But . . . what are we now?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Because I'm in an insanely good mood due to the fact that it's Good Friday and also because I didn't do my science (confessions, I didn't study for it even though I said I would. Who could blame me for being attatched to AFF? D:), I'll post the next chapter up! ^^