Just You and Me

I'm Related to MBLAQ???

 

Yuri’s POV

All my friends came to visit me after school the next day. They were even thoughtful enough to bring all of my homework for the last two weeks for me to catch up on.

Oh, boy. Note the sarcasm. Sighs.

So while I was confined to the hospital bed, I spent those times trying to catch up with my work. It was a good thing that there weren’t much to do with math. I was practically stuck with English, which I wasn’t really complaining about.

When I was discharged from the hospital, I wasn’t well enough to go back to school so I stayed at home. Umma took care of me. She seemed pleased to be able to take leave off from work.

On Wednesday, I was in my room, trying to do my math when my door opened and my brother stepped in. “Hey, how are you?” he asked with a warm smile. He came up to me.

I looked up, beaming. “I can finally understand my math,” I told him proudly. It was such a huge defeat that even my brother smiled.

He laughed, ruffling my hair to take a look at my work but I could tell he was distracted. “Hmm,” he said thoughtfully. I looked expectantly at him and waited for him to say whatever was on his mind. “So, how are things with you and Mir?”

I set my jaw. Mir was the last person or topic that I wanted to talk about now. “I don’t know,” I replied slowly.

His expression was unreadable as he just nodded. “Ah, I see.” He straightened up and started to walk out of the door.

“Joon?”

He turned back. “Neh?”

“It’s not that I don’t want to get back with him,” I said cautiously, knowing everything I say will be reported back to him. “But I’m just trying to get back my life before I anything, okay? Tell him that for me. I just need more time.”

He nodded, his face softening. “Sure.” I could see he was relieved that I didn’t completely blew Mir off. I still care for him. I just need to get back on track with all that I had missed out on.

After I was done with my work around four in the afternoon, I got up and went down to the kitchen to see if there was anything for me to eat. I was quite hungry. Well, who wouldn’t, if they’d spent their time doing math?

When I went downstairs, I heard Umma humming a song in the kitchen. I smiled to myself. Lately, since she has been at home while taking care of me, she seemed to be more lively than when she’d come back from work and feeling all tired and drained out.

“Hi,” I said, heading right for the fridge. “You seem a lot happier,” I remarked.

Umma beamed at me. “I’m guessing it’s because I am getting a lot more rest than usual while taking care of you at home.” She watched me as I scanned through the fridge for something to eat. “You hungry?”

I looked up distractedly. “That’s what math does to you,” I replied.

She chuckled, pointing to the cookie jar on the long counter that suddenly seemed to be full. “I just made a new batch. They’re still hot and nice to eat. But don’t eat too much.”

I skipped happily to the cookie jar, taking a plate out to put the cookies on it. As I munched on the soft and freshly baked cookie, I closed my eyes, anticipating the chocolaty taste and aroma. “Mmm . . .”

“So, Yuri-yah . . .”

Oh, no. Please don’t tell me what I think it is.

“Mir has been asking for you,” Umma said.

My back was turned to her so she didn’t see me sighing. “I noticed,” I muttered. But I turned back to her, munching on my cookie, with a poker face expression, as she studied me carefully.

She smiled . . . sympathetically? I don’t know. “Yuri-yah, you don’t have to put a poker face on. I am your mom. You still like him, so why don’t you go back to him?” she asked me, seeing right through my act.

I sighed again. “Oh, Umma, it’s much more than just that,” I told her. “It’s complicated.”

“Complicated how?”

I shrugged. “I just want to focus on my studies first. After being in a coma for two weeks, I am seriously behind in my schoolwork. I’m trying to get back on track so that when exams come, I’ll do fine.”

“How is that complicated?”

“Umma!” I exclaimed exasperatedly, knowing that she was just trying to make my head explode.

“Poor Mir,” she mused under her breath but I heard her anyways.

I quickly took the plate of cookies up to my room to avoid the subject of Mir. I sighed, putting the plate on my bedside table and lied down on my bed, facing my ceiling. What am I going to do?

I want to get back with him but at the same time, I want to focus on my studies. I am seriously behind and I hate to think that I won’t do well in my studies. And I am not going to use my being in the coma as an excuse. As far as I’m concerned, there are no excuses when it comes to studying. I rolled over my bed on my stomach and groaned into my pillow. I wrapped my arms around my bolster. It smelt like Joon. Don’t tell me my brother has been in my room, sleeping with my bolster again.

“Hey.”

I looked up to see Mir at my doorway. Startled, I sat up. “Uh, hi,” I flustered, straightening my clothes. “Why are you here? Joon is out.” I blushed. “Sorry, not that I don’t want you here. It’s just —”

“I know Joon hyung is out,” Mir interrupted, coming over to me. He sat down on the edge of my bed, looking squarely at me with an unreadable expression on his handsome face. “I came to see you, to see how you’re doing and everything.” He loosened his tie. Since he was still in his uniform, I figured he came right after school. I checked the clock.

His extra curriculum classes ended about twenty minutes ago.

I gulped, feeling nervous. I hadn’t been alone with him since that day at the hospital. I’m not sure how to feel about everything. “What do you want to talk about then?” I asked cautiously.

“What are we?” he asked me, getting straight to the point.

I bit my bottom lip.

“Yuri, do you still like me?” he asked.

“Yes,” I whispered.

He sat closer and put his arms around me, looking hard at me. He grasped my chin and tilted my head up to meet his eyes. He leaned down and pressed his lips softly on mine.

I closed my eyes, feeling his kiss. There was this knot in my heart and I realized I really missed him. I miss Mir. I wrapped my arms around his neck and I pulled him closer. He deepened the kiss, slipping his tongue inside of my mouth, roaming, exploring as I clung onto him. He let go of my chin and cupped my face, his thumb gently caressing my cheek.

When we pulled apart, he was smiling.

I didn’t know what to do so I looked down. I leaned back in his chest and he wrapped his arms around me. I took the plate of cookies and the two of us ate in a very comfortable silence.

I smiled to myself, snuggling in his arms and I could feel his grip tightening around me. He nuzzled my neck, planting soft kisses, sending a thrill of excitement down my spine.

 

Mir’s POV

Yuri and I are back together! Omo, I’m so happy I could dance! But I won’t, because I don’t want to let go of Yuri. Not now, not ever.

I watched as she cutely munched on her cookie, so intense and concentrated. I chuckled to myself. I rested my head on her shoulder, pressing my cheek against her warm one. I kissed her neck.

“Yuri-yah . . .” I breathed down her spine. I kissed her hair. “Don’t ever leave me again. Next time, tell me if there’s anything going wrong in your life, arraso? You don’t have to keep it a secret. Even if that person send you threats and everything. Never feel pressured to do anything you don’t like, okay?”

“Even ?” she asked innocently.

Aish, I’d walked into that one.

But to her, I nodded. “Even ,” I replied softly. “If I ever pressure you to do it, but you don’t want to, just tell me. We don’t need to have to be close. We can just be close like this.”

She lifted a hand to touch my cheek. She turned upward to me, smiling. “I know,” she replied. “I know you won’t force me into doing something I don’t want. You’re not that kind of person.” She turned around to face me. She pinned me down and kissed me.

I wrapped my arms around her, thirsty for her love, for her touch, for her kiss. I pulled her close. I could feel my going crazy but I ignored it. I don’t want to do it now. What I want now is to hold her like this.

She rolled off me, giggling. She turned to me and I smiled. “Sing me a song,” I said.

She paused, frowning thoughtfully. “What song do you want me to sing?”

I shrugged, smiling. “Does it matter? I’m going to love whatever choice of song you choose to sing,” I told her and she blushed.

“Hmm, this is a song I wrote myself,” she told me, sitting up.

I sat up as well. “Okay.”

 

We talk on the phone
All through the night
When something goes wrong
You're always by my side.”

I don't know what to do
When you're not here
But when I'm with you
My pain all disappear.”

It's just you and me
Together forever
Side-by-side, hand-in-hand
We're complete
It doesn't matter who we are
As long as you're with me
Just you and me.”

When you and I first met
I knew you were the one
Cos you were cool like that
Always having fun.”

You wiped my tears away
And held me in your arms
I want to stay this way
You protect me from harm.”

It's just you and me
Together forever
Side-by-side, hand-in-hand
We're complete
It doesn't matter who we are
As long as you're with me
Just you and me.”

I could never ask for more than this
I guess that this was meant to be
It's meant to be, it's how it is
Forever, just you and me.”

It's just you and me
Together forever
Side-by-side, hand-in-hand
We're complete
It doesn't matter who we are
As long as you're with me
Just you and me.

Just you and me.

 

“Wow, this song is amazing,” I told her once she was done.

She blushed, pleased with herself. “Thanks. I wrote it a few months after we got together,” she said shyly. She looked down, embarrassed.

I smiled, kissing her. “Just you and me, babe,” I said softly into her ears. We cuddled up in bed and I could not stop thinking just how lucky I am to be with her.

Finally, we can be together without worrying about anyone trying to get in our way.

Right?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hehe, note: the song was written by me although I'm still figuring out the tune/melody and chords T.T

Heh, I got bad news. D: I doubt I'll be able to update during the weekends, so the latest I can update again is Sunday-ish, but no promises. Reason being is because I'm celebrating Good Friday tonight, tomorrow sleeping over at a friend's house and then Sunday for Easter Service (gotta wake up earlier cos service is at 6.30AM. Damn -.-)

SO I hope you enjoyed this two chapters :D and at least I left you guys with a happy chapter! :D