Minzy and Chunji's 'Quarrel'

I'm Related to MBLAQ???

 

Yuri’s POV

Either I did something really bad in my childhood (I don’t believe in karma so there was no point in saying I did something bad in my past life) to deserve having both Sohyun and Woo Chul in my classroom or I am just attracted to really unfortunate luck.

Why is Sohyun back?

Why is Woo Chul here?

And why do I have to be stuck with them for the entire year?! This just didn’t seem fair to me. After all the things I’ve suffered, I should at least have some reward. Okay, I get that at least I still have my friends with me.

But seriously?! The two of them? This cannot be a mere coincidence. I will not believe it because it’s really . . . cruel.

At the mentioned of Woo Chul’s name, the girls who were unfamiliar with him pricked up and giggled when they realized he was good-looking. Even Sohyun sat up a little straighter.

On the other hand, Taemin, Minzy, Chunji, L.Joe, Changjo, Niel and Ricky whipped their heads to me when they realized that Lee Woo Chul was my ex from China. They knew that I was probably upset — erm, did you need to guess?! — and it was all they could do to stop themselves from going up to the two of them and punching their faces.

I did not know this at that time, but they told me about it later.

“This is not good,” Taemin whispered. “How could we end up having the two of them in class?!”

We couldn’t have any sort of discussion although we were all sitting so close to one another because Mr. Jung had already conducted the class. It wasn’t a class, it was more like orientation where he sort out all the things and where we were all allowed to do what we want to do. But he started off with how since it was the new year of school, he expects all of us to do a good job and everything.

Finally, when he was done talking, then only were the students allowed to talk to one another. So while he was sorting out of paper works and such, Niel, Chunji, L.Joe and I all turned our tables around to face the other four behind us and we formed a tight circle, so everyone would see that we were already a group.

“This is preposterous,” Minzy whispered, clearly outraged. “How is it possible that the two people in Yuri’s life who affected her so badly possibly end up in the same class as she is?”

Chunji shook his head. For the smart in our group, this time, this was something even he didn’t have the answers to.

I was set for twice as bad as hell.

“I’ll be lucky if I even managed to survive the first week,” I muttered gloomily and began to shred papers, making a confetti out of them, from my old rough and draft book.

I wanted to cry but I didn’t want to make them see that I’m weak. I glanced over at Sohyun. She was busy with her friends. I glanced over at Woo Chul. He was surrounded by girls.

Ugh.

I shivered at that sight, a feeling of jealousy (but if anyone asked, I’ll never admit) crashing over me when I realized he was flirting with them. He always had his ways and charms with the girls.

But he was really funny, which added to his charm.

I shook my hea d and reminded myself that I had a sweet, loving boyfriend who is training hard back in J.Tune Camp for me. That, at least, brought a smile on my face, even if it was only momentarily.

The bell sounded, signaling for our next teacher to walk in. It was our English teacher and she, like Mr. Jung had, decided to let us get to know each other since it was orientation day. Sohyun and her friends crowded around her to get to know her more while the others were all still pretty much doing what they had been doing with Mr. Jung keeping an eye over the classroom. My friends and I didn’t even move an inch.

“Noona, don’t look now, but he’s looking over at you,” Ricky whispered to me.

I didn’t look because I trusted what he was saying. I could literally feel his stares boring through my back. If only I had the power to look at him and turn him into dust in an instant.

But then I realized someone would have to sweep him up later.

I grimaced.

“Why don’t we do something to distract Yuri from her problems?” Chunji suggested.

“Like what, Professor?” Niel shot back.

He shrugged. “No idea,” he frowned.

I smiled gratefully at him, appreciating the fact that he was trying to help me. I leaned over and kissed him lightly on the cheek, making sure the teacher didn’t see me. Minzy pretended to be mad at the both of us but Chunji didn’t realized she was joking.

 

Woo Chul’s POV

 I glanced over at her, over the heads of the girls that surrounded me, and found her talking and laughing with her friend and a feeling of emptiness filled through my body.

I used to be the one who she laughed and talked with. I used to do everything with her. Maybe I had gone a bit too far yesterday to her boyfriend about the stories of ‘Annie’ and me, but I was mad, frustrated, hurt.

And still madly in love with Annie.

When she left, I was confused. Why wasn’t she in school? After school, I showed up on her doorstep only to find that it was empty. I did what I can but the only result I got was something I already knew — she was gone.

It was like no trace of Annie Tan existed. Even her Facebook account was deleted. What was left was just pictures. But it wasn’t good enough.

I moped, Jerome and Tony found out about Annie and my relationship. Jerome was more understanding than Tony. We didn’t talk. Eventually we made up, all thanks to Jerome, but we avoided the topic of Annie.

Until one day, a few months after her mysterious disappearance, Tony came up to me and asked if I was still in love with her. Of course I was, so I told him that I still was. That blackened his face expression when he grimly told me that she contacted him.

That was all he told me. She contacted him. And it made me wonder why she contacted him of all people, and not me. Of course, it was Tony’s way of revenge.

Finally, my dad said we were moving back to Korea and I was relieved. When Annie was here, I felt a sense of home since she could speak Korean. So when my dad announced we were coming home for good, I was really happy.

I get to get away from Tony. I was sad to leave Jerome but I figured he would be okay. A few nights later, after I’d settled back in Korea, my dad said that he found a job and needed to see his ‘clients’ and asked if I wanted to go.

He told me he was the manager of a new band. I loved to sing, so the idea of being able to meet future famous people thrilled me.

And fate led me back to Annie. It did me another favor when I walked through the classroom to find her talking with her friends. She did not see me as I sat on the farthest end of her row. It was only when the teacher welcomed me, and when I spoke, did she only look up to see me.

But her face expression . . . wasn’t what I wanted.

She looked shocked at first, before it turned to disbelief, and finally, depressed.

Did she really hate me that much?

I don’t know. When Mr. Jung said we were free to talk to one another, I wanted to talk to her, I wanted to get up and talk to her, but I was immediately swarmed by girls.

And now I’m staring at the back of her head, trying to answer the girls’ questions, wishing I could have some alone time with her. . .

 

Yuri’s POV

“. . . I can’t believe after all this time, I find out the only reason why you dated me was because you wanted to get closed to Yuri,” Minzy was saying, her hands on her hips.

“I don’t like her! Not like that?!” he insisted.

“Oh yeah? Then why did you let her kiss you?” she asked him. When he was not looking, she winked at the rest of us.

“But Minzy! You know you’re the only girl I love! I mean, she’s my friend and I do love her —”

“Aha! There is it!” Niel piped up, thinking up of a way to make Chunji’s life even more ‘miserable’ and to give him a hard time than he was already facing with Minzy. “He said that he loves Yuri. Jeng, jeng, jeng! Is that a confession, hyung?”

“Niel!” Chunji wailed as he exchanged high-fives with Changjo.

Minzy just pretended to be even more furious. “So does this mean you were two-timing me all the time?” she asked in a snobby tone.

I buried my face on my table in the midst of confetti, laughing at poor Chunji’s desperate look for a way out.

“No!”

“But you love her.”

“Of course I do! Wait, no, no. That came out wrong.” Chunji said hastily and begged with Minzy. “What I meant to say was that I love her as a sister and nothing more. I love you.”

But she did not waver but neither did he, as he was determined to make sure she understood he only had eyes for her. I could tell Minzy was flattered, the way he tried to convince her that he truly loves her. L.Joe and I went to one side and began to plan their wedding for them, snickering occasionally, hearing Chunji still trying to talk to Minzy. Changjo and Ricky came over and gave us more suggestions. Niel came in as well and the rest of us all excluded the couple, letting them ‘argue’.

We were settling on the number of kids they would have, what gender and what names they would give their children when we finally heard Minzy saying to Chunji, “Chunji, that’s it. We are over. Have fun with Yuri.” She purposely faced the wall, turning her table away from Chunji who desperately tried to talk it out with her.

Then I came up to Chunji and kissed his cheeks again. “Awww, don’t worry, I won’t tell Mir about this,” I teased, only adding fuel to the fire.

“Arggghhh!” Chunji yelled out in frustration, only causing the rest of us to laugh even harder.

Minzy couldn’t control it anymore. She burst into giggles and threw herself at Chunji. She kissed him a long and passionate kiss. “My gosh, I thought you were smart,” she said affectionately. “Does this mean all this time I was dating a dumb person?”

He was shocked, slow to register that we had just played a prank on him. “Eh . . . what . . .?” he asked her stupidly.

“Gee, Minz, maybe it’s a good thing you figured it out before you did anything with him,” I teased.

Immediately the both of them tensed up and that was when we realized the truth — and began hooting and cheering for them, earning a couple of stares from nearby students, making the two of them incredibly uncomfortable.

They've done it!

We should’ve known it was obvious how passionate their relationship was. And even though Mir and I were just as passionate, I only felt sheer happiness for my friends. Mir and I will do it when the time is right. But really, Minzy and Chunji . . .

“I hope you guys used protection,” Ricky snickered and slapped high-fives with me.

L.Joe cracked up, clutching his stomach. “Aish, Chunji, you are finally a man. I seriously thought I’d do it before you, too,” he said, wiping tears of laughter away.

The bell sounded again, saving Minzy and Chunji from further humiliation as we made our way for lunch. The two of them wandered off by themselves.

“Don’t do anything you shouldn’t!” we called out to them and Chunji showed us the finger behind his back, causing us to laugh.

Then we decided to break out. The others headed to the cafeteria while I decided to do some quiet reading in the library. It was a good thing they allowed food because I’d packed my food.

I went inside and picked a good book to read. Just as I was about to enjoy my break, with the book I had picked out to read, a dark figured shadowed my light.

I looked up and nearly dropped my food when I saw who the shadow belonged to.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ooooh, anyone wanna guess who the shadow belongs to? :P