Ang Paghatid

Shy Type
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Winter sightings were getting more frequent than I had initially thought. 

 

Ang sabi kasi ni Yuyu sa akin, she will only ask Winter to do things for me sometimes. Because I asked her not to bother Winter with stupid things. Kasi it was just a stupid bet. 

 

She agreed naman after a lengthy discussion. 

 

However, in the last ten days, I had been seeing more of her, sometimes by accident and most of the time because of the bet. With Yuyu being too busy with her org duties, she apologetically texted me na Winter would be doing this and that for me. 

 

Wala pala kwenta yung discussion namin. 

 

I just stopped arguing na lang and let them do whatever. 

 

I mean, hindi naman sa hindi ko gusto si Winter…I actually came to like her company. 

 

She was nice to be around. 

 

Kaya minsan, I found myself sitting at the table facing the meeting room her Math org would be in. 

 

All by coincidence! 

 

And parang after that, hinihintay niya ako or I ended up waiting for her like that one Wednesday afternoon. 

 

Actually, accident lang talaga yun. Nakita niya ako sa library after nilang mag meeting while I was trying to pass time until Yuyu was done with her org stuff. 

 

They were so busy na nga that they added an extra day for their practices. 

 

I didn’t mind naman kasi I was more productive at the library. 

 

Nang matapos sila Winter, timing lang as well that I was finished and on the way to pick up Yuyu from practice. We walked together then even though she didn’t have to. 

 

And okay, I gotta admit that Lia was right. My initial thought na mas maiilang ako kay Winter was wrong. Sa beginning lang. We actually grew closer…I think? I was more comfortable talking to her.

 

Pero that doesn’t mean na hindi na ako nahihiya. Nahihiya pa rin ako, especially nga dahil sa mga “tasks” na ginagawa niya. 

 

Parang may utang na loob na ako sa kanya. 

 

So, on Thursday morning, when Yuyu picked me up, she said that Winter would have to drop me home. 

 

Of course, I didn’t want that. Napaka inconvenient lang for Winter. 

 

“Yuyu, I can just wait for you. It’s fine.” I argued. 

 

“Mga 4 hours yung practice namin Yuyu. Late na! Mabubulok ka lang sa library mag-isa.”

 

“I can go home and then pick you up!” 

 

“Yuyu, nakalimutan mo ba ang traffic? When you get home, babalik ka na rin kaagad dito para sunduin ako. Waste of time, Yuyu!” 

 

I lost the argument in the end. Yuyu made points I couldn’t counter-argue. So, the plan was that she was going to take my car while Winter was going to drop me home.

 

Hassle lang talaga.  

 

Dumaan ulit si Yeji sa class namin to see Lia off before going to their practice. Giselle was, well after namin silang nahuli, she was openly gushing na about Soobin. 

 

Ang cute nila together actually. And based sa kwento ni Giselle, Soobin was a proper gentleman. Giselle calls him gentle tikbalang which was just too funny. 

 

Sabi niya it’s because he’s so freakishly tall. 

 

I wanted to see Yuyu before leaving so sumama na ako kay Yeji papunta sa practice nila. Also, for some reason, Yuyu gave me the keys to my car kahit siya naman gagamit mamaya. So I needed to give it to her na rin. 

 

“So, how long is your practice today?” I asked Yeji. 

 

“Mga 3-4 hours yata. Grabe si Ate Momo ang intense lang. Ang sakit ng katawan ko.” She massaged her shoulders. “Hihintayin mo ba si RJ? Baka ma-bored ka lang.”

 

Umiling ako. “No. Winter will drop me off.” 

 

Napahinto siya at tiningnan niya ako, a playful smile dancing on her lips. “Wait, teka, hold on. Ano? May progress na ba kayo? Kayo na ba?”

 

“Kiri, no! It’s the stupid bet!” I huffed. “Yuyu thought it was a good idea that Winter should drop me home today kasi nga late na kayo matatapos. Ang hassle lang talaga.” 

 

Tumawa naman siya at naglakad na kami ulit. “So may personal driver ka na?” 

 

“Nahihiya na nga ako kay Winter. I still don’t understand why she agreed to do this.” 

 

“RJ really wants you to get the girl, Kiri.” She smirked. “I fully support.” 

 

“Ewan ko sa inyo. I don’t like her like that.” 

 

“You say that now…pero – ” 

 

We stopped short when we arrived. Napatingin lang kami sa isa’t-isa and snickered at what we saw when we entered the room. 

 

There was Chaeryeong standing behind Yuyu, hands on her waist as she tried to teach her some type of move. I could see in the mirror that Yuyu was smiling, super wide. She probably wasn’t paying attention, too, kasi based lang sa mukha niya, para siyang kinikilig. 

 

Her nose crinkled and the lines on her cheeks were all the more evident, plus kagat labi pa siyang ngumingiti. 

 

They actually looked super adorable because as Yuyu turned around to thank Chaeryeong, Chaeryeong merely accepted whatever pa-cute face Yuyu was making. Chaeryeong is a little taller than Yuyu and ang cute lang ng nag thumbs up si Chaeryeong and patted Yuyu on the head.

 

“Alam mo, I’ve been suspecting Yuyu for a while now,” I whispered so as not to disturb their moment. “Parang confirmed I think.” I chuckled. 

 

“Akala ko ba hindi sila naniniwala na mag besties kayo ni RJ?” Yeji looked at me questioningly. “Pero look at them. RJ flirt talaga.” 

 

I shrugged. “Ewan ko. Maybe she knows? Maybe they talk? I mean, they look cute anyway.” I decided not to dwell on it. Whatever it is going on between the two, I would fully support it. 

 

Chaeryeong seems like the type to just go with the flow. The times na nakasama ko silang dalawa together, parang wala lang sa kanya. Chill. Sometimes she stares into space but I think cute habit lang niya yun. 

 

We walked towards them, stopping just behind them. Hindi pa nga kami napansin kahit na kitang-kita kami sa mirror. They were in their own little world. 

 

I cleared my throat to get their attention. Yuyu immediately saw us sa mirror and turned around, cheeks dusted pink. Ngayon pa siya nahiya. 

 

“Wow, kaya pala ang daling matuto ni RJ sa sayaw. Ang galing na nga ng teacher, ang ganda pa.” Yeji teased the both of them and I could see Yuyu silently dying on the inside. I think kulang na lang ay hampasin niya ako if not for Chaeryeong beside her. 

 

Meanwhile, Chaeryeong beamed at Yeji. Tuwang-tuwa sa compliments ni Yeji. I mean Chaeryeong did say she was a fan of Yeji. 

 

And then nag-whine si Yuyu when she saw me smiling playfully at her. Wala pa akong sinasabi ha! 

 

“Ehhh, magaling naman talaga ako eh!” She looked at me. “Yuyu mapang-asar!”

 

“I didn’t say anything?” 

 

“You didn’t have to kaya! Mukha mo pa lang…” Natawa na ako and immediately, she walked towards me and nanggigil na niyakap ako. Kinilig nga. 

 

Yeji excused herself para mag-ayos. I gave Yuyu my keys. 

 

“I don’t know why you gave this to me this morning. Ikaw naman gagamit sa car.” 

 

“Nakalimutan ko. I always give it back kasi.” 

 

“Ryu, CR lang ako.” I heard Chaeryeong talk.

 

Oh, nagpapaalam na rin pala sila? 

 

“Sige, Chae.” Yuyu started following her out and then turned to me telling me to follow her. “Yuyu bilhan mo ako drink.” Tapos she called out to Chaeryeong before pa siya makaalis. “May gusto kang drink Chae?” 

 

“Tubig na lang.” 

 

“Okay.” Hinila na niya ako palabas. Why was she rushing? “Tara sa caf, Yuyu. Bili mo kami ng drinks.”

 

“You know, dapat ikaw ang bumili ng drink para kay Chaeryeong. Not me.” 

 

She looked at me, eyebrows furrowed. Alam niya na alam ko what’s going on. Then she looked around to see if may nakarinig before shushing me. 

 

“What? I’m right.” 

 

“Eh, ikaw na lang! Ayokong balikan yung bag ko para kunin yung wallet ko. Please?”

 

Kahit kailan talaga, Yuyu. 

 

“Fine.” 

 

Habang naglalakad kami towards the cafeteria, Yuyu told me she already texted Winter na magkikita na lang kami sa caf. 

 

“Yuyu, I can wait for you. I still have to go to the library for my research. Nakakahiya kay Winter.” I argued. My one last effort. “I can also just book a Grab.” 

 

“No, hindi pwede. Rush hour na pagtapos mo mahihirapan kang mag book.” She replied, shaking her head. “Plus nandyan na si Winter naghihintay oh.” Ngumuso siya and there was Winter sitting in one of the red chairs, reading a book.

 

I sighed. 

 

“Don’t act like ayaw mo.”

 

Kinurot ko siya. “Ayaw ko naman talaga! You’re wasting her time.”

 

“Okay, kunwari naniniwala ako. Kasi last time, okay na okay yung hintayan niyo sa library.” 

 

Pinanlakihan ko siya ng mata. The accusation! 

 

“That was not on purpose! You’re so…ugh!”

 

“Ano? I’m so right?”

 

“Annoying!”  

 

“Bakit ang defensive mo?” 

 

Yuyu was getting on my nerves na. Isa pa talaga. 

 

“I am not!” I hissed. 

 

Winter looked up from her book and saw us coming towards her. She waved at us and like a reflex, I waved back. 

 

“Wow, sanay na sanay na. Umiiwas noon, ngayon may pa-wave back ka na.” 

 

“Shut up, Yuyu.” 

 

Winter stood up and walked towards us. I told her bibili muna kami ng drinks for Yuyu and Chaeryeong, pati na rin for the kambals. Tumango lang siya and followed us. 

 

“Hey Win, sorry about this. Are you sure you’re okay waiting with me? Pupunta pa kasi ako sa library,” I asked, a little worried. 

 

Baka kasi I’m taking way too much of her time and she has other things to do. She mentioned before na she goes with Soobin sa laundromat visits.  

 

Tumango lang siya. “Yup. Gagawa din ako ng work so okay lang.” 

 

I could feel Yuyu elbowing me and casually pushing me closer to Winter. Nakakainis kasi hawak-hawak ko yung ibang drinks. 

 

She tiptoed and whispered in my ear. “Bawal kiligin.” Nakiliti ako and almost dropped the drinks. I just glared her at siniko ko rin siya.

 

Just in time ay dumating din si Chaeryeong. 

 

Payback. 

 

“Oh Yuyu, there’s Chaeryeong sinusundo ka rin!” I smirked at her. 

 

The way Yuyu was looking at me…parang if looks could kill, I’d be dead by now. 

 

I felt triumphant sa pang-aasar ko so may pahabol akong, “Don’t keep her waiting, Yuyu,” and nudged her shoulder. 

 

Tinulak naman niya ako! 

 

I would’ve fallen if not for Winter who was beside me. Nahawakan niya ako, her hand on the small of my back, the other on my arm. Suddenly, I felt something electrify the tips of my fingers. 

 

Nakakapanibago. I shook off the feeling and regained my composure.

 

“Yuyu!” 

 

“Hay naku, akin na yan.” She took the drinks from my hands and pushed Winter and I out of the cafeteria. “Umalis na kayo. Winter, iuwi mo na si Yuyu.” 

 

Kapag inasar nga naman, Yuyu turns into such a baby. 

 

I watched as Yuyu gave Chaeryeong her drink and walked the other way. I grinned. So cute. 

 

Hindi ko na napansin that Winter was waiting for me. Nakatingin lang siya sa akin na parang confused? Or naiinip. 

 

“Sorry,” I adjusted my bag on my shoulder. “Sure ka okay lang talaga? You can go ahead naman.” 

 

“Karina, siguro wala ako dito sa harap mo kapag hindi okay sa akin diba?” Pabiro niyang sabi and then playfully rolled her eyes at me. “Okay lang nga talaga.” She grabbed my arm then at hinila na ako papuntang library. “Let’s go na.” 

 

We stopped in front of the library doors and sinulyapan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter