Final clash

My red thread of destiny

The two challengers were both determined and too pacifist at the same time: they wanted to win, but not enough to push or cling to the opponent to be able to read the word on her back. Meanwhile the members of their teams were cheering with passion, shouting things like 'destroy her' and 'make her drop by her face forward'. 

Mina giggled after yet another encouragement that Sana had given to her teammate "I'm your sister, don't forget that"

"When there is a luxurious dinner up for grabs, there are no bonds for me" the older replied immediately "just let her win, do it for your big sister" she did the little lip and the younger laughed.

It was in that moment of distraction that Jihyo shot forward, coming behind Mina for a few seconds "it says loyalty!" she immediately exclaimed, looking at Sonia.

The woman nodded "luckily you won or your team would have been eliminated. The last game is worth two points and will be the decisive one, it consists in stealing the flag located somewhere of the other team and bringing it to me. You will play in the woods here close and we will give you some flashlights, which you will need to see the numbers on the back of your opponents and eliminate them and to make your way in the dark. It's all simple, but remember that you cannot keep the number covered in any way and that you cannot touch the members of the opposing team. Are there any questions?"

Sharon immediately raised her hand "if I accidentally touch someone from the other team, would I be eliminated anyway? It would be an accident"

"You can decide depending on the situation, the important thing is not to cheat. Let's go, now it's dark enough to start the game"

They moved on foot and, when they arrived near the wood, the two groups split up to respectively follow a collaborator of their guardian. The two flags were not that far apart, but they had both been placed in strategic and not too obvious points. The numbers were fixed on the backs of each of them and they all received a flashlight.

"That's cool, I feel like I'm in a video game" Sharon was having fun turning the flashlight off and on again "I really like this game"

Sana rolled her eyes and gave her a pinch on the arm "try not to drain your batteries and concentrate, do I have to remind you of the importance of our victory? We all want to have dinner in that restaurant"

"We need a strategy" said Jeongyeon, who hadn't spoken since their defeat in the first game "in their team there are Mina and Dahyun and I'm sure those two are smarter than all of us put together, so I propose to have someone stay next to the flag, another person nearby and the other three around the woods"

They all nodded and Jihyo spoke "I can go in search of our opponents and eliminate them, I feel sure of myself right now"

"I propose to divide us in this way: Jeongyeon and Sana will go to look for their flag, Jihyo will take care of eliminating the others and Sharon and I will stay here to defend the flag" added Chaeyoung "I would be in the way if I came too, but I could hit anyone who comes near except Mina"

"This is favoritism" Jihyo smiled amused.

"Well, we can go" Jeongyeon the flashlight and pointed it at Sharon's face "if you do some stupid thing I'll spank you, I'm warning you"

"I might like it, you know?" the blonde answered with malice: when she was under the influence of drugs she loved that kind of things "but I'll do my best" she added immediately after so as not to make her sister suspicious.

They split as they had decided, determined to win.

 

 

 

The other team, unlike the first, had not even organized: Momo had immediately entered the woods, Dahyun had lazily leaned against a tree, Tzuyu had remained next to the flag and Mina, together with Nayeon, had started looking for her sister in a desperate attempt not to lose sight of her.

"We're going to lose the game like poor idiots" Dahyun said confidently "I'm going for a walk, maybe I'll be able to take out some of the other team and make things easier for you"

Tzuyu nodded, holding the torch off "go ahead, I'll enjoy the silence for a while"

The brunette her flashlight and she started walking without any hurry, thinking back to the melody she was composing in the last period.

The tranquility of the two youngest of the team was not even vaguely contemplated by the older ones, more precisely by Nayeon "I'm afraid of the dark, I don't like this game at all" she murmured, refraining from clinging to Mina.

"There is no reason to be afraid, I'm here with you" the other replied softly, taking her hand with caution so as not to frighten her and squeezing her grip slightly when she felt no resistance "it would be better to move without the light of the torches for a while, do you think you can do it? "

"Absolutely not, I already feel like crying like this" the eldest shook her head strongly "leave me here, I'm in your way. If I stay still I'm not too afraid, I just need to get used to what surrounds me and I'll be fine"

Mina had to agree with her "okay, but if you get scared scream my name and I'll be right with you. I'm going to look for the flag, we can't count on my sister for this game considering her bad sense of direction and her poor concentration" she released Nayeon's hand after making sure she was okay and walked away with the flashlight pointed at the ground.

"I hate my useless life" Nayeon muttered, looking around.

 

 

 

Sana had no problem moving in the dark and was walking at a brisk pace, but she stopped as soon as she saw a lit torch "here is my first victim" she whispered starting to walk again in a furtive way as to get behind her.

"You are not very graceful, I can feel your presence really well" Dahyun said in an annoyed tone "you're lucky to be rich since you would as a spy"

"You always ruin everything" the brunette her flashlight and pointed it directly in her face "turn around and let me eliminate you, I promise I'll reward you later, if you know what I mean" she smiled at her mischievously.

Dahyun rolled her eyes and covered her face with her hand "turn off that damn light and get out of my way, I'll pretend I haven't seen you and I'll let you go on"

"How boring, don't you even give me a kiss?" Sana made a little lip and came in front of her "you are more beautiful in the moonlight, you know?" she loved flirting, but with Dahyun even more.

"If you want a kiss you should take it, I won't even touch you with a finger. The restaurant Sonia promised us attracts me much more than you, Minatozaki"

The other girl pretended to be offended just for a moment "with this statement of yours you admitted that you are attracted to me, very interesting" she whispered an inch away from the lips she so wanted to kiss "we are both one step away from elimination, what do you want to do? The choice is yours"

Dahyun turned off her flashlight "I'll use you to practice my kissing skills, the others will take care of winning" she said boldly, suddenly euphoric; she became convinced that her euphoria was caused by breaking the rules of the game.

"You don't think anything of what you said" she took her hips and placed her lips on hers "you like me and you can't do anything to stop it, we two belong together"

"It's just a kiss, nothing more. Now shut up or I swear I'll leave you here"

Sana giggled "you're more impatient than me, but you're too stubborn to admit it" she said before kissing her. Dahyun immediately held her close, kissing her back and forgetting everything else. There was no race anymore, the only thing that mattered to the both of them was getting lost in that moment.

 

 

 

As soon as boredom took over Chaeyoung and Sharon started talking about this and that, without much success due to their too different interests, until they came to more serious topics.

"I wanted to thank you, my sister is happy with you" said the blonde with a smile "since you have been together she has improved in many things and now she is able to leave the house without closing herself up, she has even stopped being antisocial and is less shy"

The shorter one immediately smiled at the thought of her girlfriend "I'm happy to be one of the reasons for her change, even if I have to admit that I have changed too. You know, I've never been a quiet girl and not even a serious relationship type, but with Mina all these things mean nothing to me and I'm happy with what we have"

Sharon nodded slowly "your relationship has been a salvation for both of us, in a way"

"We can say so" agreed the other "Tzuyu is also different from when she met you, she often smiles and has her head in the clouds. She has never fallen in love before and it is wonderful to see her so taken by someone, so I feel compelled to thank you too for what you are doing for her" 

"You shouldn't thank me, I'm just messing up everything" the blonde immediately murmured, but Chaeyoung couldn't hear her because of Momo's sudden scream.

"I found you, now you are mine!" she ran towards them, oblivious to the sudden darkness where she had seen them "don't be shy, by now I know your flag is here. I must say you weren't very clever keeping the torches lit"

The two sisters touched at the same time and began to fight awkwardly because of the dark: by doing so they were both eliminated, but Chaeyoung decided that a similar scene was not to be missed and she the torch to see them better and enjoy the show.

 

 

 

Jeongyeon had a good feeling about the opposing flag and was walking briskly, but she stopped when she felt something clinging to her leg. She kept her cool attitude and the flashlight, checking immediately. Clinging to her leg was Nayeon, who had clearly cried "you scared me, do you think this is the way to announce one's presence?" 

"Sorry, I've been alone for too long" she was trembling and sniffed loudly "by squeezing your leg I eliminated myself, I can no longer stop you from advancing"

"Technically speaking you are doing it, but let's fly over and tell me why you are crying. Did you hurt yourself?"

Nayeon slowly shook her head "I'm afraid of the dark, that's all"

"Come with me then, you have nothing more to do now" Jeongyeon held out her hand, feeling relieved when the other took it without hesitation and rose from the ground "come on, I don't think it will take long"

They walked hand in hand and in total silence; their interaction was not enough to resolve what had happened in those days, but at least it was something more than the digs.

"I apologize for my behavior of the other day, I didn't want to treat you like that and tell you those things. I lost control of myself and I'm so sorry" Nayeon said after a few minutes, her voice trembling "my motivations are valid as far as I'm concerned, but I was still a and you didn't deserve it"

"I'm not interested in your excuses or the motivations behind your behavior, that's how it went and we can't change things, so don't expect anything from me and go on your own way" the tallest replied coldly.

Nayeon wanted to cry, so much was the pain she was feeling at the moment, but she didn't and she kept walking after releasing Jeongyeon's hand. She decided not to bother her in any way and just watched her from afar as she stole the flag from Tzuyu with ease, decreeing the final victory for her team.

 

 

 

When they reached Sonia the woman laughed: Momo and Sharon were disheveled and their clothes were dirty with earth and grass, Chaeyoung had tears in her eyes from too much laughter, Mina and Tzuyu were pouting, Sana and Dahyun both had swollen lips, Nayeon looked like a lost child and Jeongyeon was cheering without restraint along with Jihyo, who had eliminated Mina before she could reach their flag.

"Sharon's team, whose name I forgot right after hearing it, has won, so I recommend the five of you to get free on Saturday night and go out to dinner quite hungry. I hope you enjoyed yourself today and learned something new, we will meet again at next week's event and I expect exemplary behavior from each of you. Now go take a shower and then sleep, goodnight my girls"

They all left under the guardian's proud gaze, some cheering and others feigning emotions they didn't really feel.