Breaking point

My red thread of destiny

"Is he really who I think he is? Tell me no" Momo looked at her younger sister with a frightened look: she didn't want to find herself in the same situation again "is he the same Jack?"

Mina nodded slowly, squeezing the phone tightly "you have to stop involving my sister in your bull"

There was a few seconds of silence from the guy "you are Mina, right? Your voice is the only one I don't know" he had an amused tone "I may have even instigated her to do so, but it was she who decided to take drugs and the same thing goes for Dahyun. If you want to take it out on someone you should do it with the direct interested parties and not with those who despite everything have taken care of them"

"I advise you to leave quickly, my father is very quick to find people like you. The first time we let you get away with it because Sharon told us about your conditions and begged us not to tell him anything about you, but you've crossed the line and you deserve to be punished"

"He hasn't forced anyone, you can't blame him.." Sharon tried to intrude on the conversation, while Dahyun and the other girls were like a paused movie.

Momo looked at her angrily and pointed a finger at her "shut up or I swear it's the right time I'll punch you in your ing face"

The phone call was interrupted and Mina placed the cell phone on the table as delicately as possible: a real feat considering the shaking in her hands "how could you do it again?" her eyes were teary "tell me why you did it!"

Hearing her twin scream was worse than receiving a well-aimed slap for the blonde, who lowered her gaze "I'm so sorry, I couldn't resist, but I swear I've stopped for a week and that abstinence is already more bearable"

Tzuyu was looking at her best friend and the girl she was in love with as if it were the first time, as if she didn't know who the people she had in front of her were. She realized she had ignored all the signs those two had been sending her lately and she felt stupid for not even trying to figure out what was wrong with them.

She roused herself from her bubble of self-pity when footsteps burst into the dining room and all her eyes were turned to Sana: her brown hair was longer and her eyes had lost the liveliness they they all knew; she too had lost weight.

"Why are you screaming? I can hear your voices from outside the parking lot" her gaze crossed the face of each of them and she felt a pang in the stomach as she saw Sharon surrounded by the other two sisters "what happened? Stop playing the game of silence, I'm getting nervous"

It was Momo who answered, as she was the only one not surprised by her sudden arrival "Sharon has resumed taking drugs, also involving Dahyun. We just found out because Jack just phoned"

The tiredness she was feeling suddenly vanished and she turned all her attention to the two girls just mentioned "I can't believe it, I don't know how to react"

"You don't have to react in any way, from someone who knows how to disappear for months without ever being seen I don't expect anything" Sharon was looking at her with contempt "after what you did to Dahyun you should just get out of this house"

It was a matter of two seconds before Sana's hand hit her sister's cheek violently "I don't accept a drug addict like you to blame me, do we understand? Not only did you start hurting yourself again but you also had to involve another person"

The blonde smirked arrogant, a clear sign that her stress level had reached its limit "at least I have not abandoned anyone, unlike someone I know"

"Bad " the older punched her, she too could hardly bear "you have no idea what I've been through, but what can a failure like you know, uh? You have no responsibility, you're not even able to look after yourself"

What happened next was confusing for everyone in the room, the only thing they realized was that the two sisters were fighting. None of them managed to move to stop them, they didn't even speak.

Sharon had managed to overwhelm Sana and get on top of her "do you want to know one more thing? This failure you despise so much kissed and touched the one you love and spent a magical moment with her while you were behind a desk, you don't find it funny?"

Sana jumped up, butting her hard enough to make both of their foreheads bleed. She had her face streaked with tears "you could have avoided to say this" she pushed her away and tried to climb on top of her to punch her again, but she was pulled away from her.

It was Jeongyeon who grabbed her and moved her like she weight nothing "enough, you hit each other enough and you gave Mina a fit of crying. You should both be ashamed for the wickedness you said to each other, it was a pitiful sight"

Sharon stood up, cursing softly for her pain, and went to look for her twin: she didn't want her to be sick because of her, not again. She knocked on her bedroom door, clenching her teeth "may I come in? I want to talk to you; don't turn your back on me too, Sana's hatred is almost impossible to bear" she was trying hard not to cry, suddenly lucid and repentant of all the wickedness that she had said shortly before.

She heard the sound of the key turning in the lock "enter"

The blonde immediately walked in and the first thing she did was hug her twin "I'm so sorry, finding out this way must have been awful for you" she ran her fingers through her hair, knowing how much that gesture could help her calm down.

"It hurts me to see that you don't even care a bit about yourself and that you prefer to take refuge in drugs instead of trying to solve your problems" Mina was covering her face with her hands, not returning the hug "you also involved a person this time, do you think life is a game?" she pushed her softly to be able to look her in the face "you also provoked Sana, what the hell is your brain, sawdust?"

"I realized I was wrong and that's why I walked away from Jack and I'm doing my best not to make the same mistake again. I realized I want to become someone I can be proud of, a person worthy of her family name and of the person she loves. We were wrong, but Dahyun and I are out of this mess now. You can trust me this time, I'm not going to lie anymore"

"I already know that I will trust you again, you are still my twin, but this time you won't face the storm with me. Mom and Dad are coming" Mina's eyes were full of tears and conveyed an infinite sadness "I don't know what they will do, but it's much better so believe me"

 

 

 

 

There was silence downstairs: most of the girls were cleaning up the mess in the dining room, Dahyun had gone to sit in the corner of the living room and Momo was tending to her twin's injuries. Sana had mentally prepared herself for a possible hostile reaction, but what had happened a few minutes earlier had unsettled her.

She knew that Sharon didn't really think about the things she had said to her and she didn't think her younger sister was a failure, it was their wrong way of venting frustration. They had never hit each other up to that point and the brunette was afraid she had reached the breaking point. She wanted to apologize, but she didn't want to do it right away.

"Done, they'll take a while to heal" Momo put another band-aid on her to be safe "now your face is scary"

"I'm ready for Halloween, it's a nice saving of time and energy" she replied without cheerfulness, looking at the spot where Dahyun was curled up "would she be angry if I go to her?" she asked softly.

The brunette followed her gaze "I don't know, you should try to find out"

Sana nodded and started to get up, but Tzuyu was faster and was already kneeling in front of Dahyun "can you look at me for a few seconds?"

As soon as Dahyun raised her head to look at her best friend she slapped her, but the brunette didn't react and felt no anger at that gesture; she was convinced she deserved it after Sharon's revelation.

"I know what you're thinking and that's not why I slapped you" she was on the verge of tears "I'm mad at you because you played a part, pretended to be okay and put yourself in danger. You're a fool. and I'd like to use you as a punching bag right now, what's the point of having a best friend if not to share the burden of life?"

Dahyun felt a squeeze in her heart and looked into her eyes, allowing her to see all the pain she had hidden in those months "I'm sorry Tzu, but after losing my grandmother and Sana my world has crumbled. Sharon stayed with me, making sure nothing happened to me, and I can assure you that in her wrong ways of having fun she helped me not to give up"

"I noticed, you know? You can see that there is a special bond between you two and I honestly don't care about your kiss, I care about your health and your happiness. Let me help you this time"

"Your presence will be of great help, but you will have to be very patient with us"

Tzuyu sniffed loudly and hugged her best friend, putting all the affection she felt for her in that hold "promise me never to do that again"

The brunette returned the squeeze, allowing herself to be fragile for once "I promise you, no more bull"

 

 

 

 

The sound of the house bell was like a sudden thunder for the girls, who had gathered in the living room to talk and to be able to face the succession of events together. Nayeon hastened to open the door: none of them wanted to anger the Minatozaki parents even more. The man rushed into the living room, fixing his eyes on those of the youngest of the family.

Sharon got up slowly from the couch, letting go of Mina's hand and looking at both of her parents. She couldn't say anything: the anger and disappointment in their eyes was such that she too was unable to even think about opening . She waited in silence.

"I am deeply disappointed, you have made fun of us all and you have also put yourself in danger, again. This time you will not get away with little, not until you have shown that you have fully recovered. Gather the things you don't have at home, you'll stay with us, constantly under my gaze"

Ms. Minatozaki was examining Sana's face "you hit each other, right?" her hands were shaking and she was on the verge of crying "how could you hurt each other? We didn't raise you this way"

"It was my fault" Sharon was finally able to speak "Sana has only done her duty as an older sister; she should have beaten me longer and harder"

Sana wanted to retort and say she was as guilty as her, but the fist that her father gave to a piece of furniture scared her to the point of not wanting to talk anymore. He had hurt his hand, but prevented his wife from approaching "not now honey, I'm too angry. Sharon, get your things fast, I'm not going to repeat myself"

Sharon nodded and ran to her room to get what she needed, aided by her sisters. Momo took her hand "we will come to see you, okay? We can also make group video calls"

"We are angry, but we will never leave you alone" Mina was helping her take it all. They had to hurry, in those moments it was better not to challenge their dad's patience.

Sana was behind the blonde and kissed her head "when we are both better we will talk, we have things to solve. Now you have to think about getting out of this disgusting situation"

"Thank you all, I love you" they all hugged together, something they hadn't done since they were little girls, and went downstairs. Sharon greeted everyone with a hug, receiving words of comfort and affection from all of them, especially from Tzuyu and Dahyun, to whom she promised that she would return as soon as possible.

The Minatozakis took the youngest of the family away, and once they got home, the man made an unexpected phone call to Mr. Kim.

 

 

 

 

After that succession of events they all went to bed and, quite exceptionally, they were all grouped into groups of three: Sana had infiltrated between Momo and Jihyo, making use of a promise made between twins twenty years ago; Tzuyu and Chaeyoung didn't want to leave Dahyun alone and invited themselves to sleep with her, much to the latter's initial disappointment; Mina had timidly asked Nayeon to sleep with her, immediately receiving her consent.

Jeongyeon had no problem sharing a bed with an extra person, but she felt excluded "if you really want to sleep hug you could include me, I feel the third wheel" she was smiling amused.

"Just hug me, just because I'm turning my back doesn't mean you can't be near me" Nayeon muttered, sleepily and perfectly at ease in that situation.

Mina was already sleeping: she had done nothing but cry after Sharon left and she was exhausted. Plus her girlfriend was confused about her feelings and she had lost her safe place. The comfort of her best friend had been enough, fortunately.

"If you were in any trouble would you tell me?" the older asked suddenly, in a low voice.

Jeongyeon was lazily tracing circles on her side "I don't know, I think it depends on the situation. Would you do it?"

"I don't know either, that's why I can't get mad at Dahyun and Sharon"

"Sooner or later things always come to the surface" Mina murmured, causing the others to gasp in surprise "what's the point of carrying such a weight without trying to get help? I'm really pissed off and disappointed"

The blonde decided to stretch out her arm, so that she could hold both the girls "now we are in the family too, we are all part of it, so the next time someone does something dangerous or stupid they will get a good kick in the from me"

"You are always the same idiot and violent person" Nayeon was smiling amused "but you're right, now we are a family"