Shadows from the past

My red thread of destiny

"We have to participate in pairs, it is a tournament designed to share the passion for video games with your partner. The two of us are already a very strong team and I am sure that, with a little luck, we will be able to place ourselves in a good position and win something. There are some nice prizes up for grabs" Sharon was in high spirits and entered the bathroom of Tzuyu's room without permission.

The other girl was looking at her half amused and annoyed, hugging her towel "I already told you that for me there are no problems, there was no need to break into my bathroom while I'm . You haven't even knocked"

Sharon realized only in that moment of the embarrassing situation that she herself had created "oh, I didn't realize your.. " she covered her face with her hands in order not to embarrass Tzuyu even more "beautiful legs anyway, you could be a model"

"Get out of my bathroom or I'll have to kick you out badly" Tzuyu's cheeks were flushed, but she was struggling to hold back her smile and remain serious.

"I can keep you company, if you like. Sooner or later we'll do it anyway" the blonde took her hands off her face and winked at her, without a hint of embarrassment.

Tzuyu was visibly shocked "who taught you to do this?"

"Momo and Sana, it seems obvious to me. Mina can do it too, but she gets embarrassed every time she tries and wreaks havoc, she's adorable because she can't flirt" she shrugged "so I'm going, don't take too long or I'll be there. I'm anxious to arrive late and not be able to participate. Have a good shower!" she immediately left Tzuyu's bathroom and bedroom.

"How many personalities do you have?" the day had just begun, but Tzuyu was already perplexed and curious about how their date would go.

 

 

"Behave yourself, don't embarrass her and, above all, don't talk to anyone. Is that clear?" Mina was finishing queuing up for her twin, making sure to make the proper recommendations "if anything happens call me immediately"

Sharon rolled her eyes "Mina, I'll be with Tzuyu and I have no intention of ruining everything. Don't worry for once, nothing will happen"

"Give me your wallet, I'll be more comfortable knowing you have money counted for what you have to do" Mina held out her hand, with a serious look "don't protest, it's much better if I ask you instead of our sisters. You know they're not that kind"

"I wonder when all this mistrust towards me will end, you do everything you want and no one has ever told you anything"

The brunette looked at her without emotion in her eyes "we have never done anything wrong and you know very well that we are only trying to protect you"

Sharon slammed her wallet into her hand, making her count the money she was planning to use on the date "are you okay with, miss perfect daughter?" she said annoyed and left slamming the door, deciding to wait for Tzuyu in the car.

 

 

The place where the challenge would start shortly after was full of people and, without the pass declaring participation as a player, you had to queue up very long, with the risk of missing out on most of the event. For the two girls everything went smoothly, as Sharon had made sure to register both and above all to bring the necessary photocopies to be recognized.

"I am no longer in the skin, it has been a long time since I took part in such an event" Sharon was smiling, looking around with her eyes shining "and I'm happy to be here with you, I hope you like this nerd environment"

Tzuyu smiled at her in a reassuring way "I'm already getting used to the confusion, even if playing in front of all these eyes looking at me will be a bit embarrassing for me"

"The trick is not to think about it and focus only on the screen, you have to let the game absorb you completely" she took her by the arm, so as not to lose sight "and I'll be with you, we'll be a very strong team"

When called, the players went to sit in the desk chairs that had been assigned to them. Some consoles had been placed on the tables, but not all of them would be used, only some of them. To decide, the presenter of the competition had to draw cards from a box.

Sharon had no problem with what was written in the notes, but Tzuyu had never played on the computer and immediately understood that she would be a burden for the blonde, who had a serious and concentrated face, ready to demolish their opponents.

"Listen, don't take it badly, but I don't think we will be able to win" Tzuyu told her in her ear "there are console releases that I have not tried or with which I am totally denied, plus some of the games on the list are not really for me"

"You think about covering me in war games and positioning yourself as high as possible in the rankings. I'll take care of making a clean sweep of these idiots"

The competition started as soon as Sharon had finished telling her strategy and Tzuyu tried to follow all her suggestions to the letter: she didn't care about winning, but seeing the other girl so motivated and focused pushed her to do her best in order to don't let her good mood go away.

They went on to play for two hours, during which one couple after the other were eliminated, but not the one formed by Tzuyu and Sharon, who had reached the final and had obtained a landslide victory against two boys who took them in profanity, to which the blonde replied with a smirk and a middle finger.

The first prize consisted of a laptop, which Sharon gladly gave to her teammate "I wanted to win the first prize to give it to you, since you don't have a decent one" she smiled at her "and then you deserve it, you really were good"

"Can I really keep it?" the surprise was clearly visible on Tzuyu's face, who she smiled as soon as the blonde nodded "thank you, I'll keep it with care"

 

 

After securing their prize in Sharon's car trunk, the two girls went for a walk in a nearby rose garden, just as Tzuyu had planned. The atmosphere was very calm, so totally the opposite of what they had been in only half an hour ago, and they were both relaxed.

Sharon was silent and was walking with her hands in her pockets, totally immersed in her thoughts. Her eyes were lost in the void, but she returned to reality as soon as Tzuyu took her hand from her pocket.

"Why are you clenching your fists like this? Look, you can see the nail marks on the palm" there was concern in her voice "if you need to squeeze something use my hand, okay? Don't hurt yourself"

The other girl smiled, but it was an indecipherable smile: Tzuyu couldn't understand what emotions lurked behind it "don't worry, I don't even feel it"

"I worry instead, if you don't feel the pain it's because you're used to it, right? May I know what is happening? First you are happy and the next moment you are staring into space, you make me worry"

"I appreciate your interest, I mean really, but it's all part of my character. There is no reason to worry or be apprehensive, it's normal to feel a little distant after an event, it's the same sense of emptiness that one feels after a concert as far as I'm concerned"

Tzuyu didn't seem convinced and didn't want to give up "and what about what happened in the kitchen the other day? Your sisters had lost the use of the word after hearing what you said"

The blonde shrugged, making a confused expression "I'm the youngest in the family, they just want to protect me as my older sisters. Stop thinking about it, you'll get a headache" she patted her on the shoulder and took the cell phone "let's do some selfies with flowers!"

They no longer touched on the subject and acted as usual, doing their best to have a decent, light conversation.

"So your family is rich, but your parents want more, right? Being greedy is never good, I hope they realize this and they don't force you to do something you don't want anymore" Sharon said calmly, finishing her ice cream cone.

"It's the least I can do for them, they never denied me anything and they raised me with love and commitment. And anyway, to be honest, the marriage story no longer weighs on me, I accepted it"

"You are a really mature person, I should learn from you" she smiled at her amused "teach me not to throw a tantrum when consoles or video games are taken away from me"

Tzuyu chuckled "it's funny when you do them, your sisters get really angry and turn red. They scare the out of me sometimes"

"True, but the wrinkles will come to them, not us" she toyed with her ponytail "when we were little I often played alone, I have few memories of the four of us together. Do you have brothers or sisters?"

"I have an older brother, but a few years ago he went to live in America and he rarely makes himself heard, but it's understandable considering he's a total idiot. It's okay not to hear him, but my parents suffer because of him and I can't tolerate this"

Sharon took her hand "I'm sorry, unfortunately at least one member of the decerebrated family must always be there"

"You're right, we have to learn not to be angry because of his childish behaviour"

The blonde didn't answer, as a guy dressed in black spoke over her "Sharon, how long! How are you doing?" he smiled at her, waving at Tzuyu "I was just about to call you, I have something new for you"

"I'll be right back" Sharon smiled at Tzuyu and motioned for the guy to follow her out of the bar they were in "didn't you see I'm with someone, you filthy dickhead?" she got nervous "some things don't have to be said out loud, you should know"

The boy raised his hands in surrender, but his gaze was amused "I'm sorry, but it's the first time I've seen you with a good girl and I thought it was all a farce on his part"

"Tell me what you want and let's get it over with, wasn't my sister's punches enough for you?"

"Momo has a nice right hook, I have to admit, but I'm not afraid of her" he took a sachet from his pocket "I created a new one, would you like to try it? It should have fantastic effects: it will be like drinking a lot, but without the hangover the next morning and no side effects. You will feel flying like never before"

Sharon seemed torn and was staring at the transparent bag with interest, swallowing hard "I have no money, since the mess my sisters have seized my wallet"

"This time it's free, but try to go back to the club every now and then. We miss you" he put it in her pocket "I want to know if it works, this is not the crap we took before, I studied and worked hard to create it"

The girl bit her lower lip to make it stop tremble "I'll write to you as soon as I can try it, thanks Jack. You're a true friend"

Jack smiled and held out his hand "I've missed you in these eleven months, I hope to see you back on track. Drawing on the walls and partying is no fun without you"

"I'll be back soon, I just have to cheat my sisters about my travels"

 

When she returned to the table Tzuyu looked at her with curiosity "who was that guy? What did he have to give you?"

"A friend of mine from high school is trying to organize a reunion and he practically begged me to participate, he wanted to give me the invitation, but he is so careless that he forgot it at home" she shrugged, lying shamelessly "I'll think about it for a while, I don't want to feel bored" she put her hand in her pocket, checking the contents of the sachet with her fingers and smiling at the feeling that there were three reasons to be happy inside. She was really curious to try them, especially after all the time spent without anything like that.

Tzuyu smiled at her, totally unaware "so this day was great, what do you think?"

"You can say it loudly, I can't wait to go out with you again" this time she was sincere and her gaze softened "I like spending time with you, my parents have chosen really well"