A new beginning (part two)

My red thread of destiny

Contrary to what she had always been told about married life, Momo felt happier than ever and there wasn't a single day when she and her wife didn't appreciate everything they built together.

They had been married for more than a year and, discussions aside, it had always been going well between them, to the point of having thought of expanding the family. Their dogs, Boo and Dobby, made them happy and to complete it all it would take children to chase the two quadrupeds.

Jihyo entered her wife's office, leaving the latter speechless: she had been wearing a simple white shirt and blue high-waisted trousers, a lethal combination for Momo as by doing so she was perfectly able to see all the forms of her.

"Mrs. Minatozaki, where did you think you were going dressed like that? Many erts could make you the object of their dirtiest thoughts"

"Said the person who is palpating my without any shame" she replied amused, slapping her hand "I'm not here to make me look, but to deliver documents that require your attention"

Momo snorted, wishing she could incinerate those papers with just a look "I'm tired of sitting here reading and signing papers, I need some entertainment"

A mischievous smile on Jihyo's face was enough to convince the older to get to work "we understand each other, I'll wait for you in our room. Don't make me wait too long, wifey" she winked and walked away confidently, intent on to organize a special evening.

"She will drive me crazy, I taught her too well" she didn't know whether to be happy or not "I should be the provocateur between us! What an injustice, I let myself be duped by my beautiful wife"

She stopped thinking about unchaste things immediately after hearing a knock. Jeongyeon entered in a suit and tie, closing the door behind her back "I won't be formal with you, I hope you know despite your immense stupidity"

"Could you remind me why I agreed to work with you?" Momo rolled her eyes "since you returned to live in Korea I always have you around"

"You did it because joining our hotel and restaurant chains is making us double the money and with no further effort" the tallest got rid of her tie and jacket "not to mention how my girlfriend is helping the after-school children, we are necessary so that you don't end up on a bunch of "

A middle finger was the only answer from the brunette, who was taking care of the documents brought by her wife "Nayeon is fantastic and her psychological sessions are doing very well for the children, the only problems are you and yours bad personality"

"If Sana had been in your place I would have pulled out all her hair, but luckily I have a minimum of affection for you that is preventing me from tearing you apart"

Momo mimicked the girl "liar, you love us all the same way. Nayeon told Mina and I got the voice"

"If you even try to tell someone I will tear you apart, I have a reputation to keep" Jeongyeon pointed her cell phone at her "now let's talk about business, Minatozaki"

"With great pleasure, Yoo"

 

 

 

 


"Come on brats, is that all you know how to do?" Sharon was playing ping pong with the after-school kids, not caring that they were all too young to beat her. Although she was always very busy with her business and with tournaments, having become a famous gamer, she always went out of her way to play with those little pests at least once a week.

Tzuyu was rubbing her temple, exasperated by the childish attitude of her better half "you could help them and not demolish them, you know? They are small children and they don't know how to play"

"They have to learn right now that life is difficult and unfair, I'm being a good teacher!"

"We are ruined" the younger went out into the garden, smiling at the sight of Nayeon sitting under a tree with one of the more problematic children. He used to get into trouble and sometimes even made fun of his classmates until they cried, but since the older started following him as her psychologist his character had changed.

Nayeon's tranquility was somehow contagious and Tzuyu knew it, in fact she was the one who had proposed to work at the after-school during her free days.

She often missed those days spent on the huge couch with the others watching films that were questionable for how bad they were for the youngest of the group, but she managed to chase away the melancholy of those long gone days thanks to the dedication they all had for that after-school program.

Mina and Chaeyoung used to send out new children's books every month, sending so many that they turned the old gym into a kind of library. Dahyun and Sana always went out of their way to give away toys and anything that could help entertain those little pests, like the ping pong table on which Sharon reigned supreme.

Jeongyeon and Momo always took care of the equipment, being the most experienced thanks to their jobs, while Tzuyu and Jihyo often helped with homework. Sharon, unsurprisingly, had become everyone's playmate. They had managed to strike a perfect balance, all giving their contribution despite being very busy running their businesses.

Nayeon, now free from her weekly session, snapped her fingers in front of her face "are you all right? You were staring into space"

"I was thinking about how much we have been through in these years and I feel a little nostalgic. I miss being all together"

The older intertwined thier arms "it's not long before the Christmas holidays, focus on this and you'll feel better. I'm going now, Jeongyeon asked me to replace her during the monthly check-up of one of our hotels. Can I leave you alone?" she pointed to Sharon, amused by how she didn't feel the slightest guilt about never letting the children win.

"I'll keep her at bay somehow" Tzuyu looked exasperated "I'll use threats as usual, Jihyo was a great teacher"

"Good luck then" she kissed her cheek, greeted the other girl in the distance and left. She put the cell phone to her ear after getting in the car "Dahyun? Do you have five minutes?"

 

 

 


Chaeyoung had just finished talking on the phone with Nayeon and the first thing she did was throw herself on the bed next to Mina, hugging her "Nayeon just called. Tzuyu is very depressed because she misses us"

The older looked away from her very expensive laptop "now that you make me think about it the last time we went back to Korea was for her birthday. It's been four months already"

"Do you think it would be possible to stay away for a few days? We could ask Katherine to take care of everything during our absence. I know Tzuyu, she needs us"

"Give me five minutes, I'll do my best to persuade her" she got out of bed, walking away to call the one she considered her aunt.

Chaeyoung almost began to pray for their possible return to Korea, crossing her fingers with such force that her hand trembled. She was happy with her life with Mina, but seeing the people she loved only at parties and holidays was becoming unmanageable even for her.

"She said yes!" Mina was hopping in front of the wardrobe "pack your suitcase, we'll take the first flight"

"Now you're making me anxious" the younger did her best to hurry, taking the bare essentials to stay away for a few days "Tzuyu will be over the moon, I can't wait to see her surprised face"

"I asked Sharon not to tell her anything, so she'll take her to us when we give her the green light. I hope Sana and Dahyun can reach us as soon as possible, it would be a shame not to be all there"

Chaeyoung crossed her fingers again "I'd go get them by the hair. Now that I think about it we haven't celebrated Nayeon's birthday due to our busy schedule"

Mina's eyes widened "you're right, double surprise then. Hurry up and get your things, in the meantime I'll call Jeongyeon to make arrangements. In case Nayeon asks you something, tell her we can't go, so she won't have expectations and won't say anything to Tzuyu" she came out of the room with her suitcase already closed.

"How can she be so fast in everything she does? Now I explain why our publishing house can be so big and famous after such a short time" she smiled proudly "I have a fantastic girlfriend, I should hurry to marry her and not get beaten from Dahyun "

 

 

 

 

Organizing a wedding wasn't easy at all and Sana wanted to throw her cell phone at the huge glass of her kitchen window. She couldn't get over the amount of things to decide "my sister wasn't so exhausted while preparing for her wedding"

"Jihyo and your mother have thought of most things, that's why Momo has always been in great shape" Dahyun squeezed her from behind, kissing her shoulder "you've been here for half an hour and your tea will be cold now, you want me to make another one?"

"I would be immensely grateful, I don't have the slightest desire to get out of my chair" she let out a long yawn "work is destroying me, I need a vacation"

The younger smirked, intent on preparing another herbal tea "about this.. A few hours ago I received a call from Nayeon, followed by one from Chae. They asked me to meet with the intent to cheer Tzuyu up and to celebrate Nayeon's birthday, albeit late. Mina and Chae are already on the plane. I wanted to tell you right away, but I had a meeting the moment after I closed the last phone call"

Sana smiled enthusiastically "I am immediately looking for a flight for tomorrow morning, a few days of absence won't be a problem for anyone. To be on the safe side, I will tell dad, he can't say no to his princess anyway"

"Then I confirm our presence, remember not to say anything in our group chat, it's a surprise for Tzuyu and Nayeon"

"I'll be silent as a fish, you'll see" she made her rounds of phone calls so she was ready for the next day.

Dahyun was humming, smiling at the thought of seeing the others and celebrating with them the birthday they missed due to their busy schedule "we're going home!"

 

 

 


"Jihyo has already ordered the cake and you just have to take care of keeping Nayeon away from my house for a few hours, just enough time for Mina and Chae to arrive. Yes, Sana and Dahyun are already here and Sharon is taking care of Tzuyu"

Momo had her cell phone on speakerphone so she could finish work quickly, but the pressure Jeongyeon was putting on her made her make a typo "Yoo Jeongyeon, if you don't stop messing up I swear I'll hire someone to kidnap you and bring you to Hawaii. We have the situation under control and the only one that's causing problems is you"

"I'm sorry, it's just that I'm excited for this sudden meeting of ours and I wish I was already at your house" she let out a sigh "I'm going to get my girlfriend, do you have any tips to keep her busy for a few hours?"

"Lock yourself in your room and time will pass without you realizing it" she had resumed typing on the computer, trying to hurry but to be accurate. She had gotten good at handling two things at the same time and was proud of her improvement in her work compared to when she had just started.

Jeongyeon was laughing "Nayeon is not stupid, taking her home to have for no reason would make her suspicious and she would ask me a million questions"

"I forgot we're in broad daylight. Let me think, I'm there!" she added a number to the call.

"Momo?" Sana looked a little surprised "why are you calling me again?"

The brunette briefly explained the situation to her, waiting with great patience for the two girls to greet each other, or insult in the case of Jeongyeon "distracting Tzuyu is easy thanks to Sharon, but for Nayeon you need hard ways. Do you have any ideas?"

Sana was thinking hard about something, asking her future wife for help "you could take her to my parents' house to discuss about work, just tell them to keep her busy and we all know how good my mother is at entertaining people"

"You're a genius, in this way she will have no reason to suspect. You warn the two old people, I will bring Nayeon to them" the two girls greeted each other and put an end to the call.

Momo looked at the screen, blinking repeatedly "you could have at least greeted me! What stuff, I solve other people's problems and they even take the luxury of snubbing me"

The photo of the ten of them seemed to light up the entire office, giving her a feeling of lightness and happiness "I can't wait to go home"

 

 

 


"I told you, they had a fight and our presence is needed to calm their spirits. Momo was crying" Sharon was driving her new sports car, inventing a lie on the spot so as not to make her girlfriend suspicious "I think the divorce was one of the topics Jihyo touched upon and we absolutely must help them"

Tzuyu felt anxious because of the sudden worry "until recently everything was fine.."

"I know, but you know what my sister is like.. She has an unrivaled passion for women and must have disrespected her wife. These are things to be expected from such a depraved" she was having a lot of fun insulting her sister, but still her face wasn't betraying her; her old habits had made her a good actress.

"Jihyo is right to be angry, I too would react very badly in these cases" she pinched her thigh.

Sharon screamed, stopping the car and staring at her with wide eyes "and what was that for, huh?"

"Just to be on the safe side, I know very well your resemblance to your sisters and I also know that Mina is the only one who can be trusted" she was looking at herself in the mirror, turning to her defiantly "try to deny it, I seen you talking to a gamer at the last tournament"

The older smiled amused, driving again "Tzu, you know very well that the only girl I'm interested in is you and that I have no reason to look elsewhere" she turned to the right, smiling again at the sight of her sister's villa "I have asked you to marry me because I love you, not because when you get angry you look like an Undertale boss, it is desirable in my eyes and because I like being in danger"

"You ruined everything as usual" she took her hand "but I love you too, with all your oddities"

They got out of the car and, although Sharon was dying to hug her twin and the other girls again, she let Tzuyu be the first to come in to take everyone's hugs.

The younger was so happy that she started crying in the arms of her best friends, not caring to be at least a little detached as she used to do and enjoying every hug to the fullest.

"Only Nayeon and Jeongyeon are missing, has anyone called them?" Dahyun was still holding the taller girl "I'm not in the skin anymore, plus the cake is begging me to open the fridge and eat it"

"They'll be here in a few minutes, let's hurry up and fix the living room!" Jihyo pushed all of the girls, forcing them to help out with the latest decorations for the birthday party.

After some time Mina welcomed them into the house "welcome, we have been waiting for you"

Nayeon was looking at her with wide open "you said you couldn't come and instead you're here!" she literally jumped on her, clinging to her like a koala.

"We wanted to surprise you and Tzuyu" she was spinning around, giving Jeongyeon time to join the others in the room "now come with me, the others want to see you too"

Before letting her into the living room she had put her a hat in the shape of a cake, ignoring her best friend's questions and pushing her through the doors.

"Happy birthday!" was the only thing Nayeon could hear before being overwhelmed by kisses and hugs.

Jeongyeon was watching the scene with Mina, smiling happily "she is fine now, the psychologist said so. It took almost three long years, but she came out the winner"

"That's just what I wanted to hear" the other girl had tears in her eyes.

"I told you to take off, now I'm her favorite!" Sharon was doing everything to be the only one to take the birthday girl's hugs, getting insults and slaps from her sisters and the others.

Mina was laughing "okay, here we need to calm down"

It was a real feat to prevent the girls from demolishing Nayeon with their affection, but soon after they were all seated at the table, rotating to be photographed in front of the cake with the birthday girl.

"Make a wish!" Chaeyoung yelled.

Nayeon joined her hands and closed her eyes, speaking in her mind 'I would like to live these moments with them until the end of my days'

 

 

 

 


~~~
The story has come to an end, but a small chapter is still missing and therefore this journey cannot be defined as finished yet. I wanted to thank you for coming this far, it was great to have your support and I hope to see you again in the next stories.🍀