Handshake

My red thread of destiny

Working in a bar, Jihyo had learned to prepare some fantastic sandwiches and for her date with Momo she had prepared all kinds, so as to compensate for the fact that she didn't know how to cook and that they would eat only those for lunch. She put everything in the cooler with extreme care, adding two bottles of energy drinks and water.

Momo had told her that after having digested lunch properly they would go to a place that required a lot of movement and for that reason she had also thought of bringing something for a snack, knowing that her future bride was often hungry.

She wanted things to go well for once and spend a nice day, not thinking about all her problems and leaving the burden of debt, which weighed on her shoulders every single day, aside for a few hours. It was her chance to pull the plug from her miserable life and she didn't want to let it slip away.

"Did you prepare everything by yourself? You should have waited for me, I would have gladly helped you" Momo went into the kitchen and peeked into the cooler, starting to jump immediately after seeing the contents "I'm already very hungry, you know how to conquer a girl like me"

Jihyo smiled amused "a few sandwiches are enough to make you fall in love?"

"It seems obvious to me, I could ask you to marry me right now" the brunette smirked at her "even if the best part would be the night, so I propose a quick and intense wedding"

"Shut up and let's go, the park is waiting for us!" the other hurried to take everything, hurrying to go out so as not to show the blush on her cheeks and waiting for Momo in front of the door of the house.

They had decided to move on foot, as both of their stops were in the surroundings of their villa. They looked like one of those movie couples: Momo looked like a model and Jihyo was equally beautiful, but less confident. The first girl, noticing the glances that passers-by turned to her girl, dared to wrap her arm around her waist, keeping her close to her as much as possible.

"Did something happen?" Jihyo immediately asked, worrying "are you feeling unwell and need support?"

"I don't need it, but soon it will surely be useful to someone else" she replied annoyed "what courage, they even take the right to watch" she muttered under her breath, throwing grim glances in all directions.

"They're looking at you because you are beautiful and attract attention; since when does it bother you? If I remember correctly you are the one who poses when she sees paparazzi. I have seen some articles about your family and you love being in the center of the attention almost how much you like to eat"

Momo, before removing her arm from Jihyo's waist, gave her a pinch on the side "in fact I wasn't talking about me, they can admire me as much as they want if they feel the need" she had a pleased smile "but my future wife can't look at anyone apart from me, it seems obvious to me"

The seriousness with which the brunette had uttered those words made Jihyo's heart beat faster and, one thing that surprised the both of them, made her smile in a sincere and natural way "now you are embarrassing me"

"You're even prettier when you get embarrassed, maybe I should do it more often" Momo took her hand, intertwining her fingers with hers.

 

 

 

They chose the most isolated spot in the park, under a huge tree, and made themselves comfortable on the tarp they had brought. Watching Momo eat with all that passion warmed Jihyo's heart: no one had ever behaved like this with her and seeing the love that the brunette was reserving for those simple sandwiches of hers made her finally feel appreciated.

"You can eat as many as you like, I've prepared several of them" she told her smiling, before taking a sip of water and resuming eating. The weather was great that day and being in the shade was really enjoyable, but the company wasn't too bad at all.

"I won't leave even a crumb, these are much better than any luxury food I've ever eaten. Be prepared to put up with me, I will want to eat them very often and you won't be able to say no" Momo immediately took another one "but I feel guilty, I didn't do anything for you, I just brought the towel" 

Jihyo stopped eating and looked in front of her "you offered to help me with my debt, it doesn't seem to me that you have done nothing for me. I feel much lighter since you imposed your help on me, dare I say that you saved me, and I don't know how to thank you for all the support you are giving me"

"I want to help you because I know you deserve it. I don't know anything about it and I have no problem waiting to find out more, but I know for sure that you didn't go looking for this ugly weight. You are a good person and you don't deserve to keep struggling like that" Momo walked up to her, so that she could hug her "now we are a team, your problems are mine too"

At that moment Jihyo realized that she was no longer alone and placed her head on the shoulder of the only person with whom she felt safe "I don't really know how to thank you, you left me speechless" her eyes were full of tears, but she was struggling not to let them fall, since she didn't want to cry "you are not at all as they describe you, I was wrong to judge you and I regret having been difficult with you"

Momo smiled, a little amused "actually you were right to behave like that, you made me understand that not everything revolves around me and that a few smiles are not enough to have everyone at my feet. We are changing both, for me it counts this and I'm not saying it to make myself beautiful in your eyes"

"I'm just afraid of seeing you disappear as soon as you find out the truth, you're right in saying that I didn't go looking for it, but this could affect you too and I wouldn't blame you if you decide to disappear from my life"

"I will want to marry you in any case, by now I have made my decision. Now let's stop with the sad speeches and walk, we have to digest!"

 

 

 

The list of things Jihyo expected from Momo for their first date didn't include the dance school she attended regularly. The brunette had literally dragged her to the room she had booked for a few hours and forced her to put on the jumpsuit she had previously told her to wear. That was a really bad start.

Momo was the first to finish changing and, while she was waiting for her partner, she decided to prepare some suitable songs and connect the cell phone to the speakers, so that they could hear the music better. She would have preferred to use one of the school's state-of-the-art computers, but when there were no classes scheduled, each of them was taken away and secured, so as to avoid possible theft.

When Jihyo joined her she was stretching "I was starting to think you had sneaked away, it took you forever to change and I hate to wait"

"I beg your pardon, but the idea of ​​dancing doesn't excite me at all. It is one of the few things I hate, since I am not able at all, a bit like cooking. I assure you that we will waste precious time, we are still in time to decide to do something else"

"The date includes activities that both of us like, so I won't accept a refusal. Plus I'm here to teach you and I assure you that we will only do simple and basic things, I don't want to make you a dancer" she gave her a light squeeze on her shoulders "relax and let me do it, you'll have a lot of fun"

Jihyo wasn't convinced at all and she wasn't even trying to hide it, copying what Momo was doing in an awkward and careless way for half an hour, to the point of ending up on the brunette after yet another uncoordinated step.

"So you don't want to dance because actually you'd rather do something else, you could have asked you know?" Momo smiled mischievously and made her lay down on the ground, settling on top of her "that's okay with me too, I dare say I prefer it"

"You misunderstood" was the only thing Jihyo managed to say: she was lost in the mischievous look of the girl above her and felt helpless in front of the umpteenth smile she gave her, but also eager for something more than a simple look. She had never liked anyone, not to the point of feeling like a complete idiot, and having such a person on her was certainly not improving the situation.

Momo noticed it and lowered her head until their noses came into contact, but when her lips were a breath away from Jihyo's someone had the fantastic idea of ​​knocking on the door, three times and in a impatient way. The brunette cursed and got up immediately, going to see who was the troublemaker on duty.

"I'm the cleaning lady, I was told to take care of this wing of the school. I have to ask you to leave, I'm sorry" she was a lady with a serious and unpleasant look "quickly, I would like to go home to sleep. The afternoon nap is very important to me"

"You ruined a fantastic moment, you are a horrible person" Momo didn't bother to hide her annoyance and took her things in anger, followed by Jihyo who instead apologized twice to the lady for wasting her time.

"Momo, walk slower, I can't keep up with you!" she ran after her, risking to drop everything she had in her backpack still half open "don't get mad at that lady, she's just doing her job"

"I get mad as much as I want, especially if someone does me a wrong like that" she took her hand "we were both in the mood and that one there had the audacity to ruin everything, she will pay for it"

Jihyo felt herself on fire and swallowed hard "next time no one will interrupt us, now stop sulking or I will consider this date as a total failure"

"You would be the first person to do that and I can't afford to ruin my perfect score or I'll have to kill my twin to not let her find out, Sana cares a lot about these things and becomes unbearable if she can outdo me. She's too competitive" she was saying while giving the little lip "have mercy on me, at least you"

They both laughed, throwing the heaviness that had wrapped around them "you two are terrible, any excuse is good to fight and compete with each other"

"We weren't always like this, when we were little girls we had an indescribable bond from how special it was, but growing up you change. It's an inevitable process" Momo seemed thoughtful "with this I'm not saying that that special bond between me and her has disappeared, I don't think it's possible, but our attitudes and the way we approach each other have changed. I love my twin and our little sisters too, they are my most precious treasures. Do you have someone in your heart?"

Jihyo hesitated for a moment, but realized that it wouldn't be correct to lie after hearing what the other girl had told her "I've never had anyone unfortunately, so I don't know what it's like to love someone as much as you love your sisters"

They continued walking in silence for a time that seemed endless, both immersed in their thoughts. Momo hated the sadness hidden in Jihyo's eyes and made the decision to try to make her happy "now you have one too, a person with whom to have a special bond" she smiled at her, pointing at herself "think what luck, I'm beautiful, rich and kindhearted"

"And modest, among other things" Jihyo was giggling "you are awful, I mean really"

"I'm okay with it if it makes you smile like that" admitted the brunette without any problem "nonsense aside: I want to fill that emptiness in your heart, let me do it"

They looked into each other's eyes and Jihyo saw only sincerity in Momo's "you are a good person, you know?" she smiled again, unable to help herself "I hope I can do the same for you, you deserve it"

"We have a deal?" Momo held out her hand "we'll do things right and make each other happy"

"Okay" their hands tightened in a firm grip that promised an equally strong bond.