Apparent tranquility

My red thread of destiny

Having finally recovered from the aftermath of her car accident, the older of the two couple of twins was lucid enough to reflect on what had happened and the more she thought about it, the more it seemed to her that she hadn't been the victim of a simple accident. The person who hit her with his modified car got away with simply saying that the vehicle belonged to a customer of his, that he knew nothing about the modifications and that he had lost control of it for that reason.

She thought her doubts weren't entirely unfounded, considering the threats her family received on a daily basis, but in her opinion there was something more and she wanted to talk directly to her father. She knew that the man wouldn't be working that day and headed directly to the imposing villa in which she had lived until a few months before, immediately after finishing lunch.

She was warmly welcomed by all the staff who had worked for her family even before her birth and she felt at home again: living with the other girls was not bad, but the welcome of her own home was unbeatable for her.

As she was going upstairs she ran into Sharon, who seemed to be in a hurry "good afternoon sis, won't you say hello to me?" she made her little lip.

"I'm sorry, today my head is somewhere else" she kissed her cheek and smiled "how nice to see you standing without crutches"

Momo tucked a lock of her hair behind her ear "the leg is still a little weak unfortunately, I was strictly forbidden to dance and Jihyo is doing everything possible to help me recover"

"That girl really has a lot of patience with you, I advise you to keep her close and not to get down on yourself because you will soon be back to show who is the best dancer in the world"

"You have never seen anyone dance except me and Mina" the older was smiling amused "I advise you not to talk about things you could never understand when we are surrounded by people who really understand"

Sharon rolled her eyes, looked a bit annoyed "where is the self-confident girl I've always admired? Wake up and recover, until then I won't even speak to you. Now I run away or my late will turn into something unforgivable" she kissed her sister's cheek again and gave her a sweet smile "I love you"

As the younger was descending the stairs, in a hurry as if she were running away from someone, Momo smiled, yelling at her that she too loved her very much and not to come back too late. Then she went into the living room, sitting down on the sofa in the middle of her parents "surprise!"

"Look, at least one of our daughters remembered us" Mrs. Minatozaki immediately squeezed her child, affectionately kissing her head "how are you?

Even the man had joined in that embrace, happy to be able to hug the daughter who had given him more worries in the last period. He was relieved to see her strong and smiling again and coupled with the fact that Sana would be back soon that moment felt magical to him.

Unfortunately the magic was interrupted immediately after Momo's reassurances about her health "I'm better, but I have a bad feeling"

Her parents looked at her with concern, not knowing what she was referring to "if you are worried about the condition of your leg we can have you checked by other professionals, you just have to ask" the woman said softly, still holding her in her arms.

"I would like to investigate the incident, I'm pretty sure it wasn't just a case and I also have a vague idea of ​​who might have caused it"

Mr. Minatozaki immediately went into overprotective dad mode and became serious "are you talking about the Parks, am I right?"

Momo nodded slowly "during the night of the event we exchanged threats and I can't stop thinking about it, they told me that they would make me pay somehow and I think they will not just leave me alone despite the fright that I'm taken"

"I told you to keep a low profile with them, is it possible that you are all so impulsive and lacking in common sense?" the man got up from the sofa, walking from side to side to keep himself busy "you should have told me, I would have done something to keep you safe"

"It didn't seem important to me and it's not my fault if that impulsiveness is a family trait" the girl retorted calmly.

He shook his head "I don't think so because I'm not impulsive, if you are like this it's your mother's fault"

"How dare you? Do you want to sleep alone for the rest of your days?" the woman threw a pillow at him, giving him a threatening look, the same one that Sana often did and that made both her daughter and her husband laugh.

"I was talking about this, you are all terrible" he didn't mean it as an insult, there was so much love in those words.

 

 

 

 

Nayeon and Mina were resting side by side on the grass in the garden, both with their eyes closed and their hands on their bellies; they had decided to relax a bit together from the moment their girlfriends went out on their usual schedules.

"I have to tell you something" the older smiled radiantly and opened her eyes to meet the gaze of her best friend "during our short vacation Jeongyeon and I have gone through the first phase and now I don't feel any negative emotions or bad feelings when we are close. We also kissed" her cheekbones were red.

Mina immediately took off her sunglasses and looked at her proudly "it took you a lot less than we expected, it's a fantastic news!" she took her hand, squeezing it in her own with her usual delicacy "what about hugs, are you doing well?"

"Much more than good, I trust her blindly and I confess that sometimes we have almost gone beyond the kisses" she returned her squeeze, totally at ease with her "I waited to tell you because I needed time to metabolize"

The other girl didn't seem offended at all not to have known it the same day it happened, on the contrary she was even happier than just before "you are taking giant steps, I am so proud of you. Can I hug you?"

Nayeon nodded, immediately spreading her arms "you are exempt from asking"

They embraced each other, showing with that simple gesture all the affection they felt for each other and remaining in that position for a few minutes without saying a word. Having a best friend was great and Nayeon felt grateful to finally have one, promising herself to always do what she could for that special bond.

 

 

 

 

Dahyun was now on her third glass of an alcoholic whose name she couldn't even remember, so great was her desire to drown her displeasure as much as possible. She missed her grandmother, but she knew that the dead couldn't return and that at least her beloved old lady had stopped suffering. She also missed Sana, living without her had become a constant pain and sleepless nights had become a routine for her again.

She ordered another glass and went back to sit on the leather sofa that she preferred among all the others in the room: it was the quietest spot, away from the dance floor and all the people who populated it. She drank half of her drink in one go and sighed, all that noise was giving her a headache. She thought back to Jack's advances, who seemed quite interested in having fun with her, but although his proposal was perfect for distracting her, Dahyun felt no attraction for boys.

Sharon threw herself next to her, putting her arm around her shoulders "stop sulking and come and dance with me and Jack, it's much better than sitting alone while drinking" she was more drunk than the younger and had certainly taken some of the substances created by Jack.

"I don't want to dance, I was thinking of leaving" she replied dryly.

"But we only arrived half an hour ago, come on" the blonde poked a little lip and took a pill "this is fantastic, it's another of Jack's works. Do you want to try one? It's sweet, better than a candy" she put it on her tongue and rummaged in her bag "oops, I'm afraid I'm done with them. I'm really careless"

Dahyun pouted again "you are awful, you should make sure you have things before you ask others if they want them"

"You're right, but I know how to both take advantage of this on my tongue." Sharon's eyes sparkled with excitement.

"How? You have it now"

"Like this" she told her before kissing her, placing her hands on her face. Dahyun had initially stiffened, but that reaction didn't last long and she let herself be kissed, feeling the sweet taste of the pill and the alcohol. The kiss became more and more passionate, to the point that Sharon had moved over the legs of the brunette. The younger did nothing to stop her, not even when Sharon's hands moved to touch the bare skin of her shoulders, shifting her shirt.

They were getting lost in that kiss, getting carried away by the moment for several minutes. Sharon moved against Dahyun, clinging to her and wandering with her hands over her body. The other didn't put up the slightest resistance, returning the kiss without sparing herself.

"Sana" whispered shortly after the brunette, clinging tightly to Sharon's dress.

"My sister doesn't deserve you" the blonde broke the kiss and they looked into each others eyes, sharing the same sadness of a broken heart "and I don't deserve Tzuyu" she wiped Dahyun's lips with her thumb before giving her a peck and sitting again next to her "at least we have each other" 

 

 

 

 

After spending three hours working on a painting that she would give to her parents for their wedding anniversary, Chaeyoung stopped on a park bench that was just a few minutes' walk from the villa where she lived with the others. She was enjoying her well-deserved rest, thinking about the touch-ups to be made to the canvas she was painting.

She roused from her thoughts when she heard someone calling her name, regretting not pretending not to have heard when her ex smiled at her before sitting down next to her, very close. She hadn't changed at all since she'd last seen her: she still had her long hair tied in a ponytail, her sly eyes and a smirk highlighted by her red lipstick.

"I'm so happy, we haven't seen each other for centuries. How long has it been?" the girl immediately said, placing her hand on her leg.

"A year and a half, I see you still can't count, Jane" she replied without enthusiasm, even though she had a mixture of emotions she couldn't decipher.

Jane chuckled "you're right, but you liked me a lot even though I don't know how to count the months. The last time we were together you left while I was sleeping and you blocked me in every social, what a rude behavior on your part"

The shorter of the two rolled her eyes "I was right to run away, you were just hurting me with that constant push and pull; you have done nothing but delude me for two years, what did you expect? People get tired"

"It burns, huh? I'm sure you still like me" she brought her face close to hers and lowered her voice "I'm glad I met you, I missed you a lot"

Chaeyoung's hand prevented their lips from touching "stay away, I have a girlfriend"

"I heard about that, rumors go around" she kissed her hand, prolonging the contact as much as possible "no offense to your girlfriend, but such a little saint is not for you. You need to go crazy and feel strong emotions, but all this is possible only with me. Let's become lovers, I won't say anything to the little princess"

"Don't talk about her like this, you don't even know her" her eyes conveyed so much anger, but also something else "I'm really fine with her, she makes me happy and above all she really loves me, unlike you"

Jane took a lock of her hair, smiling mischievously "I know you care about her, I've seen the photos of the event you attended and the way you look at her, in fact I'm proposing you a relationship of only fun and . Think about it Chae, in bed the two of us are an unbeatable couple"

"Stop shooting bull and take your hands off her" Tzuyu came in front of them "you haven't changed a bit, you're still the same manipulative "

"Tzuyu, what a pleasure to see you again" Jane smiled falsely, she had never put up with that girl "also call Dahyun and Haeun, so we can finally reunite like in the old days"

Chaeyoung got up from the bench and took her friend by the arm "don't answer her, she's not worthy of your time. Don't get close to me or any of the girls who live with us, none of us want to waste even a second listening to you"

"As you like, I already know that you will come to me when you realize that you are not satisfied with your relationship" she waved, without stopping to smile "You know my address, bring the little princess too to have fun all together. I want to try her"

"Ugly " the shorter was ready to punch her: no one could insult her girlfriend and get away with it. It was Tzuyu who held her back and took her away, leaving that presumptuous girl and their past full of mistakes behind them.