The first lesson

My red thread of destiny

The next morning in the huge mansion there was such tension that it could be cut with a knife: Sana and Dahyun did nothing but glare at each other, Jeongyeon seemed undecided about who to kill first between Nayeon and Sharon, who had decided to mind their own business, Mina and Tzuyu were annoyed by that absurd situation and Chaeyoung was totally immersed in her world. Only Jihyo and Momo were behaving in a normal and civil way, to the point of sharing breakfast alone in the kitchen; they decided to avoid the dining room where the others were gathered.

"They are behaving worse than yesterday, do you think they will ever understand that doing this will only make things worse for all of us?" Jihyo was sipping a black coffee "just ignore each other if they just can't speak without arguing and glaring at each other all the time will make them wrinkle"

Momo shrugged "I don't care, if you want my honest opinion. I know three of them are my sisters, but it's not up to me to line them up or tell them what to do. You should add some sugar to your coffee, you're continuing to make faces and it's clear you don't like it"

"I'm trying to get used to drinking it without, in a few days I won't even make a face and I won't be a sugar slave anymore, you'll see what a change"

The Japanese started to observe the girl sitting in front of her and giggled after seeing yet another grimace on her face "you're too funny"

Jihyo pouted at that statement "I'm not funny" 

"You are, but despite this your beauty is undeniable" Momo winked at her "I hope we'll get along, I'm not as unpleasant as you think"

"In fact you are worse" Sharon had entered the kitchen and had started rummaging in one of her cupboards, grabbing a packet of chocolate biscuits "don't be fooled by her pretty face, she's a viper, although Sana is unbeatable on this point"

If Momo could have incinerated her younger sister with her gaze, she surely would have done so on the spot "if I were you I would shut up considering the mess you made tonight. When will you learn not to scream while people are sleeping? You're an adult with an obsession for video games, you're worse than children"

The blonde poked her tongue out "better behave like a baby than be stupid like you, at least I can change and grow; on the other hand you will remain like this for a lifetime"

Jihyo felt embarrassed and just finished her coffee, listening to the two sisters arguing about who was the stupidest of their family. She had no one to fight with except herself and she was trying to figure out if she was lucky or not.

 

 

 

Shortly after breakfast the doorbell rang "someone go and open the door, I'm too busy!" yelled Sana from her room after yet another ring of the doorbell, she had just gotten out of the shower and she didn't want to bother to get dressed quickly.

"I'm going!" Jeongyeon yelled, hurrying down the stairs and opening the door, finding herself in front of a middle-aged woman fully dressed elegant "um, who would you be?"

The woman giggled, putting her hand in front of "my name is Sonia and I'm your guardian, we can say like this" she smiled kindly "don't you invite me to come in?"

Jeongyeon raised her eyebrows "we know how to take care of ourselves, we don't need a guardian. Have a nice day" she started to close the door, but Sonia was faster than her and entered the house, looking around with interest.

"Really a nice house, you can clearly see the Minatozaki hand. By the way: where are my four girls? I haven't seen them for a long time and I'm afraid they don't remember me anymore."

"Are you talking about the stupid, the in disguise, the mute and the idiot of video games? They are in their rooms luckily for me, those there are unbearable, even if the one who is always silent is not so annoying"

Sonia seemed amused "what a beautiful description, you have already linked to what I see. Gather everyone here in the living room, we will start your lessons today, you have many things to learn" seeing the bewildered face of the girl she sighed "okay, I'll take care of it"

 

Within five minutes, all ten girls were in the living room, terrified. That lady seemed frail, but she had dragged each of them into the living room without the slightest effort and was looking at them sternly "thanks for joining here of your own free will, I'm sure we will get along very well" she smiled kindly, showing herself more bipolar of all of them put together "I officially introduce myself: my name is Sonia and from today I will be a kind of your private teacher. I will teach you many notions of general culture, how to behave in high society and above all to get to know each other with the person destined for you. It will be a simple path, you will see "

Mina raised her hand and waited to receive the consent to speak "can you explain to us why our parents hired you? We can do everything by ourselves, it's not difficult"

"Are you sure? Those two seem ready to kill each other" she pointed at Sana and Dahyun, who immediately stopped glaring at each other, giving all their attention to the woman who was talking "I could go on and embarrass you all if you want, but that is not why I am here. Your first lesson is very simple: you have to tell me about the characteristics that you have noticed in your future partner, we will start with that"

A chorus of annoyed voices rose, which the woman immediately silenced with a simple glance. She called Tzuyu and Sharon first, making them face each other "look each other in the eye and say what comes to your mind"

Tzuyu grimaced as she searched for something to say about her future bride, trying not to show her embarrassment "you look a little nutty, but I find you nice and particular. I've never seen anyone love something as much as you do with video games and I think it could be a strong point"

The blonde smiled smugly "I will never love anyone as much as I love my video games, this is an absolute certainty" she stopped smiling when she saw Sonia's grim look and cleared "instead you are.. Very tall" said the first thing that it occurred to her and Tzuyu was visibly upset. Mina wanted to bury herself in front of that scene.

Silence fell in the room, which was interrupted a few seconds later by Jeongyeon's laughter "after this figure I decided I will not kill you, I'm about to cry" she made the gesture to wipe her tears, earning a slap on the leg from Nayeon "do you want to die?"

"Absolutely yes, at least I won't have to marry a narcissistic like you. Can't you see that Tzuyu is upset? You're numb"

Sonia clapped her hands, already impatient by their childish attitude "I see that you really want to talk, you two are next. Quick"

The two girls stood up immediately, without hiding their disappointment, and came face to face. They had everyone's eyes on them, ready to catch their every move. Nayeon sighed "you are a beautiful girl, but when you start talking you ruin everything and you lose points also on the physical aspect. You only know how to shoot bad things and you are vulgar. Plus you don't care at all about others"

Jeongyeon seemed pleased "I can't find the insult, everything you said makes me a being nothing short of perfect, but a fake saint like you has to get attached to something, right?" she winked at her "instead you are a weird with rabbit teeth, even if I must admit that your lower back is not completely indifferent to me"

Nayeon raised her eyes to the ceiling to hide the embarrassment she was feeling "this confirms what I said a moment ago, you are hopeless"

"Not bad, you paid each other at least one compliment, I didn't expect it" Sonia smiled and invited them to sit down again, motioning for Mina and Chaeyoung to take their places in the center of the living room.

Chaeyoung immediately smiled at Mina, with the dimple clearly visible on her cheek "you are the most graceful and elegant person I have ever met and I like the low tone of your voice. You have a sweet smile and you really try to understand my drawings; I appreciate it very much"

The brunette smiled with a smile that reached her eyes "you are very particular and you have a vision of the world of your own. At first you put fear with your serious look, but you are very kind and nice and you can make me laugh. I really like the your drawing style and I hope I can learn something from you"

They both seemed lost in a world of their own and their harmony did not go unnoticed by all present in the room, who did not know whether to smile in front of all that tenderness or whether to throw up.

"Wonderful, you two will give me great satisfaction and it will certainly be the same for your families, I notice a lot of harmony and interest" Sonia wrote down everything in her notebook "forward the next ones, we're almost done"

Jihyo immediately stood up, followed by Momo, and the first of was embarrassed to the point of avoiding looking the other in the face, focusing her attention on the wall behind her. The other girl crossed her arms over her chest, not at all embarrassed by the situation "okay, I'll start" she squared Jihyo from head to toe, concentrating "I don't like to point out the obvious, so I will avoid saying that you are very beautiful and I will dwell about your determination. I know that your family is doing very badly and that in order not to create problems you have decided not to protest, although you know very well that if you talked to your parents they would leave you free to choose. It does you honor"

The brunette's sincere gaze made Jihyo blush, who was torturing her fingers to keep herself busy "thanks, but I decided not to back down because I want to see how it will turn out and why you don't look so bad, even if some your attitudes make my skin crawl"

"What a lame talk, get a move on or you'll make me late to the gym"

"Jeongyeon, we have a huge gym here" Sharon immediately retorted "you should use your money better, I suggest you buy a handheld console" she had dreamy eyes "possibly one that I don't have, so I can play it too and we both earn something from that"

Jeongyeon replied by raising her middle finger "you can forget it, yellow head. Don't do a little lip to me, I won't be moved by this nonsense"

"I propose to go on" Sonia intervened "the last couple, come on"

Dahyun had the same cheerfulness as a person present at a funeral and Sana seemed ready to take the head off her future wife. It took them a good minute before they looked at each other and said, in unison "I don't like you"

Sonia looked at them in amazement "what a harmony girls! This is what you need in a couple and then it is well known that love is born from hatred" she had a dreamy and proud look "you are on the same wavelength, very well"

"I hate anyone who gets in the way of family arguments, it can't work between us" the auburn interjected.

Dahyun rolled her eyes "it would have ended very badly without my intervention and since I will have to marry you I am actually part of the family, so what you just said makes no sense"

"You can't wait to be a Minatozaki, huh? I know I'm a good match, but imagine if I fall in love with a depressed one like her, she bores me and annoys me with her mere presence" Sana said wickedly, turning her gaze towards Sonia "I'd rather marry a chair"

"You would still marry something with a higher IQ than yours, not that it takes long to get over it anyway"

After Dahyun's dry reply, silence officially fell, a silence so heavy that not even their guardian felt like interrupting. The woman dismissed all of them with a wave of her hand and finished writing down everything that had come out of their mouths, without forgetting any details and with a desolate look "these girls are terrible, when I'm done with them not even dye will be able anymore to cover my white hair" she sighed "I hope to receive a generous salary to compensate for the nervous breakdowns that await me" she added after hearing Jeongyeon and Nayeon scream.