Speeches not to be postponed

My red thread of destiny

Tzuyu still couldn't believe that she had received a call from Mrs. Minatozaki herself, who had invited her for the afternoon. Everything in that place made her feel small: the gates about three meters high, the large garden and the huge villa located in the middle of it. The house she shared with the others was nothing in comparison.

She was greeted at the entrance by a kind lady, who immediately accompanied her to her landlady. She couldn't help but look around her in delight, admiring every single detail of that super expensive home.

"Tzuyu, welcome" Mrs. Minatozaki welcomed her giving her a big hug "I'm sorry to have invited you on such short notice, but I'm really glad to see you here. Do you want to have a snack?"

"No problem, I had no commitment" she smiled warmly and looked at the glass table in front of the couch, loaded with things to eat "there is everything on that table"

The woman smiled and motioned for her to sit down "eat all you want, don't pay compliments"

They chatted about this and that, spending a few minutes even with Mr. Minatozaki before the latter had to go to the office for a meeting. Talking to them was easy even for Tzuyu and the girl felt relieved that she hadn't been confronted with the usual kind of adults she was used to.

"Sharon doesn't know you're here and I'm not going to tell her" said the woman out of the blue "it wouldn't be fair to either of you; you can spend time with her if you like. She has relapses sometimes, but she is improving and now she can manage her abstinence in a better way"

"I'm really glad to know that, I was very worried" she put down the napkin she cleaned her hands with "but I don't think she would do well to see me after all that has happened"

A smile made its way on Mrs. Minatozaki's face "I can assure you that what you just said isn't true, my daughter cares a lot about you and, don't tell her I told you, you are always in her thoughts" she was winking, losing her playful gaze as soon as she heard the sound of something falling apart and a thud "please, not the vase I bought at the auction in London" she immediately ran to check.

Tzuyu followed the woman and the scene that appeared before her was halfway between the comic and the tragic: Sharon was sitting on the ground, surrounded by the shards of a vase, and her mother was checking that she wasn't hurt.

"Damn darling, how many times do I have to tell you to be careful when you go down the stairs? You won't be able to play with your videogames if you have your arms in plaster, you know? Look, your forehead is bleeding" the woman immediately called one of the servants to get the necessary to take care of her little girl.

Sharon, however, wasn't paying the slightest attention to her mother, since she was too busy watching the girl just a few feet away from them. She smiled faintly and her eyes conveyed so much of that affection that it made Tzuyu shiver.

"You and Sana have an unhealthy obsession with my poor vessels, I have lost count of how many you have broken" muttered the woman as she was disinfecting the wound on her forehead "the thing that makes me angry is that you always choose the rarest and expensive ones, little pests"

"What I just broke was awful, I did you a favor by making room for a better vase" she angelic smiled at her, just as Sana used to do "and it's not our fault if you like to collect fragile objects"

The woman made sure to put the band-aid on her forehead harder than she should, smiling contentedly when Sharon let out a painful moan "you deserve it, my darling" she kissed her head and got up off the floor, ready to call someone to clean up that mess.

"I'll take care of it, there's no need to bother anyone" the blonde immediately went to look for the broom, walking quietly and without making any strange movements.

Tzuyu looked at her smiling "she's really better, I can see it"

"I told you; she may be a bit silly, but she's tough" the woman had tears in her eyes "we won't let her hurt herself anymore. By the way: would you like to stay for dinner?"

 

 

 

After doing the necessary research Momo had come to the conclusion that her accident couldn't be defined as such, considering the details that reported directly to the Park family. The man driving the car with the modified engine turned out to be one of their most trusted workers and, as if that wasn't enough, the car was found near their home.

Combining the threats she had received with that information, the accounts worked out perfectly. She had written everything down to the computer, so that she had all the information ready for any eventuality. Her father had the same idea of ​​hers and had advised her not to do anything, to wait for some other evidence against them and the girl agreed, albeit impatient to punish them.

She turned off the laptop and turned to the bed, looking at her girl with curiosity "what are you doing?"

"I'm playing a video game that Sharon advised me, it helps me keep my state of peace" she had her long red hair down, a vision for her girlfriend.

"Very interesting, but there are other ways to have fun" she lay down next to her, running her hand on the girl's thigh "you know what I mean?"

Jihyo smiled and crossed her legs, blocking her hand between them "I have my period, stay away from me"

The brunette wasn't one who let herself be demoralized easily "we could take a long shower before having fun" she kissed her neck "it would be worth it, I guarantee it"

"The proposal is tempting, but I'm a little tired and I would prefer cuddles" the redhead snuggled into her arms and closed her eyes "I hope you don't mind"

Momo her hair, suddenly thoughtful "I can wait a few days, I like this too"

The younger waited a few minutes before walking away enough to be able to look her girl in the eyes "I know something is bothering you and I also know it's not about Sharon or your family. You can talk to me"

"I know and I also know I can trust you, but I don't know how you would take it and that scares me. You could pretend nothing happened, sooner or later everything will come to the surface"

"When you keep things inside your personality changes and I honestly don't want to see you so distracted, you're absent" she sat up, looking down at her "talk to me"

Momo closed her eyes, mentally preparing herself for any possible reaction "do you remember my car accident?"

"I could never forget it, I still shiver at the thought. Why are you talking about it again? Is your leg still giving you trouble?"

"No, my leg is fine; the people's minds who caused the accident are not" she opened her eyes, ready to suffer the consequences of what she had discovered "the person driving the car that hit mine works for your parents"

The surprise on Jihyo's face was evident as Momo was listing all the things she had discovered and, when the brunette came to the threats she and her parents had exchanged on the night of the event, her anger kept her from reasoning and pushed her to get out of bed.

Momo said nothing more; she just sat up and looked at the person she loved, giving her time to realize what she had just been told.

"My parents aren't exactly good people, but they would never try to kill someone"

"Is that all you have to say? They tried to get me killed" she stood up too "you saw how I was in the hospital, you know how much I struggled to get back on my feet and to be able to stay in the car without having a panic attack. It was their fault and all you can tell me is that they could never do such a thing? Those two are monsters"

"I'm so sorry for what you've been through, but it doesn't give you any right to point the finger at people just because you don't like them. It was an accident, just an accident" Jihyo was hugging herself, trying to stay calm "all this is too much even for you"

Momo shook her head, doing her best to hide the disappointment "do as you please, you may not believe me and take their side, but that won't stop me from punishing them for all their meanness. I'm sorry to know you consider what I found out to be an exaggeration, you of all, but apparently I can't really trust anyone"

At those words Jihyo turned to look into her eyes, realizing the mistake she had just made "wait, it wasn't my intention to tell you to be exaggerating and I'm not even trying to defend them" she took her hand, squeezing it tightly "I'm just saying they aren't murderers"

"You know what? I don't care what you think" she brushed her hand away "we'll talk when you're less likely to agree with those monsters of your parents"

 

 

 

At dinner the girls were quieter than ever: Sana was busy looking at the photos she had taken with Dahyun, Nayeon and Jeongyeon had decided to eat in the kitchen, Mina had got up earlier, Chaeyoung was playing with the food on her plate, Momo was too angry to raise her head and Jihyo was looking around sadly.

That dinner was cooked by Jeongyeon, and as much as she had managed not to burn it all, without the sauce it was all tasteless. Jihyo looked at the sauces at the bottom of the table "could you pass me the ketchup?" she immediately asked to her girlfriend.

"Take it yourself, your mommy made you both arms and legs"

"Momo, you don't answer your girlfriend like that" Sana took her eyes off the cell phone, looking sternly at her twin "you can be angry, but at least pass her that ing ketchup"

The brunette immediately did what was requested of her, immediately getting up to go to her room. Chaeyoung immediately looked at the redhead "it's the first time she has behaved like this towards you, did something happen?"

"I've been stupid and insensitive; she's right to be mad at me" she stood up too "I'll try to talk to her again"

"Jump on top of her, you will see that it will pass everything to her" Sana was again busy on her cell phone " always solves any problem"

"I'm on my period!" she screamed after leaving the dining room, frustrated.

Sana shrugged and started clearing the table "come on Chae, go talk to Mina, I miss seeing you together"

The younger looked at her with surprise "I thought there was a hate relationship between us"

"I've never hated you and I never will, but you should get a move on and stop making my little sister feel bad; she doesn't deserve it"

"You're right, you've gotten wiser" she smiled at her for the first time "you're no longer an unpleasant person and, at this point, I expect you to do something for Dahyun too or I'll have to crack your face"

"Deal, we do our best not to have to get to the point of breaking each other's faces" Sana pushed her out of the dining room "now disappear and do your duty, I'll take care of it here"

The younger saluted and ran to the door of Mina's room, suddenly nervous. She decided to knock in order not to risk losing her courage, entering immediately after receiving the consent.

Mina was busy tidying up her library and all her books were scattered around the room waiting for a location. She didn't turn to look at her: she knew very well who had entered her room "do you need something?"

"I'd like to talk to you, if you want to" she leaned down beside her, glancing at the books on the floor "have you already decided how to arrange them?"

"Not yet, I'm on the high seas because I don't want to put them like I usually do. It's boring" she pouted lovely.

Chaeyoung smiled and took a book with a black rib, putting it on the first shelf, immediately followed by one with a dark gray rib "you could put them according to their colors, the bookcase would give a nice visual effect with all the books you have"

The brunette nodded, feeling immediately enthusiastic, and she began to group the books whose covers had the same color "it's handy to have an artist like you in the house"

"I'm glad to have helped you, but I didn't come here for this" she ventured to take her hand "this period of reflection helped me to understand, but before continuing to talk I would like to know if it was useful for you too"

"It was" she timidly intertwined her fingers with those of the minor "what did you understand?"

Chaeyoung's gaze had landed on their joined hands "I realized I love you much more than I thought or thought possible. Seeing my ex has destabilized me, I can't deny it, but there's never room for her in my thoughts because the only one I can think of is you. I made a mistake when I gave her the chance to make me doubt how I feel and I will never forgive myself for that, but the bright side is that I have been able to really realize than what I really want"

If there was one thing that Mina had learned it was that the love of books doesn't correspond to that of real life, that there isn't always a solution to problems and that in some cases love isn't enough. What bound her to Chaeyoung was a new feeling that she never thought she could feel and she didn't want to throw it to the garbage.

The pink-haired girl was patiently waiting for an answer, feeling the tension even in her internal organs, but she didn't dare say anything.

"Your confusion hurt me a lot and pushed me to doubt many things, even my own feelings. I feared that I wasn't really in love with you, that the affection I feel towards you was due to the fact that I didn't ever had someone to love in a romantic way" she put the youngest hand to her cheek and closed her eyes, unable to hold back the tears "I don't know what to believe anymore"

"Don't cry" Chaeyoung placed her other hand on the girl's face, placing her forehead against hers "you are the most precious person in the world and you don't deserve to suffer. I feel terrible at what I've done and I'd rather you treat me badly to see you cry"

Mina clung to her shirt, pulling it to her and hugging her "I could never treat you badly, you made a mistake that can be remedied" she released the embrace to look at her face, her eyes still shining with tears "stay with me, convince me that our love is real "

"I will do whatever you ask me, I will teach you to no longer doubt yourself and what you feel, but I will also do everything possible to make you understand that I love you and that I intend to marry you" she looked at her lips, immediately looking up in her eyes because at that moment transmitting her love to her through the gaze was much more important than a kiss "let's start over from where we stopped, we can do it with a date, if you like"

A smile appeared on the faces of both "sure, I like it" replied the brunette, sniffing loudly and throwing herself into her arms for another hug.

 

 

 

 

Night was the critical time of day for Dahyun, who was afraid of falling asleep and having horrible nightmares. Unfortunately for her she went that way again, having the same dream as always to haunt her: it always started in a badly lit delivery room, with two doctors assisting a woman during childbirth.

 

Her screams were heartbreaking and her husband's comforting words were barely audible to Dahyun, who found herself watching the scene from afar, unable to move or do anything.

The woman screamed and pushed when the doctor told her to do so, crying from her pain and strain. As soon as the baby was born, her crying took the place of that of the woman, who lay dead in a pool of blood.

The man, destroyed, had the child delivered to take her away with him and keep her away from anyone. He loved and hated her at the same time, but he didn't have the strength to abandon her because of his promise to his wife.

That little girl was Dahyun, with pink cheeks and her loving smile on her dad. That smile faded as soon as the little girl had the ability to understand what she was being told.

"You are an abomination"

"You killed your mother"

"No one will ever love you, even your father would like to see you dead"

In front of her was her father's wife, intent on disturbing her while she was studying a new melody on the piano. She slapped her on the head so hard that she slammed into the instrument.

Dahyun was crying silently, knowing that if she let out a breath, the punishment would be far worse than a few slaps. The woman made sure not to leave any visible marks before leaving her alone to cry.

"Your father hates you, he would have preferred your death to that of your mother"

 

Dahyun woke up instantly and the only thing she could do was cry uncontrollably, eventually unable to breathe properly due to her constant sobbing. That dream contained real yet distorted events and it was enough to make her suffer.

Being in the dark frightened her at that moment and she leaned over to the bedside table to turn on the light, but her trembling hand made it all fall to the floor with a thud, shattering the light bulb.

She screamed. She pulled her hair hard. She curled up in a desperate attempt to calm down. The door swung open and the light forced her to close her eyes.

"What happened? Dahyun, look at me" her father took her hands from her hair firmly, replacing them with his in a delicate touch.

"I'm sorry dad, it was all my fault" she had never cried in front of him, except that time in the hospital, but she couldn't help herself "I killed mom, I'm a monster"

Those words made the man cry too, definitively destroying his armor "you didn't kill anyone, you have no fault. Can you hear me? Your mom didn't make it, but before she left she gave birth to our most precious treasure" he kissed her forehead, holding her tightly to him "I never showed you, but my love for you cannot be measured in any way. Do you remember the soft toy you wanted so much but didn't have the courage to ask me? I was the one who made you find the money near the store, I wanted my little girl to be happy. All the coincidences in your life were not such, it was I who made them possible to show you a love that I never knew how to bring out. You aren't a monster and you aren't my wife's killer, you are our little girl and I'm sure she thinks exactly like me"

Being pampered by her father was a whole new thing for Dahyun, as she couldn't even remember the last time she'd received his affection for her, but it had an immediate effect on her. It reminded her of the feeling of security Sana gave her and she started crying again, albeit in a more controlled way.

"Why does everyone always abandon me? Why are promises always broken?" she asked between sobs "will you leave me too?"

"No, I will never leave you. I don't promise you, but I will prove it to you every day. There are other people who love you and I assure you that they will soon prove it to you too" they had stretched out on the bed, held in an embrace that was as unusual as it was pleasant for both of them "now sleep, I'll protect you from nightmares"