A bad surprise

My red thread of destiny

Everything was now ready: the villa where the ten girls would live from that moment on and the schedule of their days, which included group lessons to prepare them for marriage and life in high society. There was only one problem for the seven pairs of parents who were already outside the new home, given that none of their daughters had yet arrived and they looked at each other with embarrassment, muttering words of apology every two seconds. They had all been there for hours and had spent most of their time signing papers and making sure everything was perfect, so their daughters' delay was bothering them.

 

More than half an hour passed before the arrival of a car that looked ready to crash for how shabby it was and full of scratches and dents. A girl with long black hair got out on the driver's side and immediately smiled at everyone present "I'm sorry for the delay, the car didn't want to leave this morning, I should just buy another one as soon as possible. I'm Park Jihyo, very nice to meet you" she made a small bow, she was used to meeting important people.

"She's really well educated, not like our daughters" murmured a man to his wife, taking an elbow in his side and a grim look "you know I'm right, they're unmanageable"

The girl positioned herself next to her parents, remaining silent while she wrote something on her cell phone; she felt embarrassed to be alone with all those adults, even though she was too. All of parents, except hers, were starting to get nervous and some of them didn't even bother to keep their voices low or hide their disappointment. Another ten minutes passed and two girls arrived who were the opposite of each other: one was short and had her arms full of tattoos; the other was very tall and had a look between shy and aloof.

"Hello people, sorry for the endless wait, but I didn't want to get out of bed. I'm Chaeyoung, very nice to meet you" she smiled and gave everyone a high five, even her parents, before sitting down on the ground to draw incomprehensible things.

The other girl wasn't very outgoing "I'm Tzuyu, nice to meet you" she made a face and she sat down next to Chaeyoung, just looking at her shoes. Jihyo wondered if they were the rude daughters she'd heard about a few minutes earlier, but she only needed to look at them to understand that those two were friends and not sisters.

Another girl arrived dragging a huge trolley with her and smiled at everyone present "hello everyone, my name is Nayeon and I hope we will get along" she shook everyone's hand, politely introducing herself to the girls who had already arrived "why are we only four?"

"Because, apparently, there are girls who are more late than you" said the girl's mother, affectionately pulling a lock of her hair "but I forgive you, just because it's a special day"

The woman stopped talking when a taxi pulled up a few meters from them and a girl with sunglasses and tanned skin got out "I'm back to this crap place" she was tall and had her long brown hair tied in a messy bun.

"Yoo Jeongyeon, moderate your words!" the man who spoke had his face flushed with embarrassment, he hated the language his daughter used "you are not with your group of friends"

"Sorry old man, but there is really no comparison between the two places" Jeongyeon looked at the girls "four losers, how wonderful" she said with an ironic tone.

Nayeon looked at her with a grim look "before you judge the others you should look in the mirror, moron"

"I have never used this insult, not even in elementary school" Jeongyeon raised her eyebrows.

Jihyo and Nayeon were the only offended and bothered by the insult, while Chaeyoung and Tzuyu were too busy staring at two nearly identical girls, who were heading towards them. They both looked very shy, but they differed by the color of their hair: one was brunette, the other blonde. The first had her long hair down, the other had it tied in a high ponytail and was busy playing with her cell phone, risking tripping a couple of times and giving their mom a heart attack.

"We are very sorry for the delay, we tried all the time to convince our sisters to come, but to no avail. We had to come on foot" spoke the brunette "I'm Mina"

The blonde had to get a shoulder from her sister to take her eyes off the phone "oh right, my name is Sharon. Sorry, but I have half an hour of endless lives and I have to play, it's a matter of life or death"

Their parents seemed to be on the verge of hysterics "Sharon, try to be polite like your twin. Speaking of twins.. As soon as I catch the other two I'll tell them what they deserve, I'm tired of their behavior, they're risking to ruin the good name of the Minatozaki family"

"I'm sorry dad, it was difficult to get Sharon here, but those two stubborn ones didn't even try to listen to me and stayed in bed. I try to call them on their cell phones, sooner or later they'll have to answer" she walked away from the group, with the phone on ear and a worried look.

Chaeyoung smiled and stood up "here is Dahyun, she made it to get her out of bed"

Dahyun, a pale girl with the look of someone who hadn't slept all night, politely introduced herself to all the parents, ignoring her own, and then joined the girls "what a funeral look, what happened here?"

"Two girls are missing and their parents are particularly angry" Jihyo said calmly "actually I still can't understand why we're here and the reason for the baggage they told us to bring"

"Hurry up, I have better things to do" Jeongyeon leaned against the wall, playing with her sunglasses "I want to take the first flight back to Hawaii, the beach awaits me"

The roar of an engine made everyone turn towards a black sports car, from which two girls dressed in designer clothes from head to toe got out. The one with the auburn hair looked ready to participate in a fashion show, the brunette was sporty dressed. They both approached the group that had formed at the entrance to the villa.

"We're here, hurry up or I'll be late for rehearsals" the brunette said, not bothering to hide the annoyance she was feeling.

"You have finally deigned to come, what an honor. Let's go in, we have to talk" said the father of the two pairs of twins and, without waiting for an answer, entered the house.

 

 

The girls were left free to explore the interior for a few minutes and were all surprised by how large and bright the rooms were, but even more by their names written on the doors of the ten bedrooms upstairs. The kitchen and living room were huge and there was even a gym. None of them could understand, so they pestered their parents with questions about that house.

"Are we here on vacation? What's the point of staying in the city where you live?" Jeongyeon was very upset and wanted to dive out the window, but they were on the ground floor and it would be of no use to her.

"It's not a vacation, read these" every parent gave their daughters some papers "read carefully what is written and remember the position you occupy in society, it's very important for all of us"

There was a few moments of silence, but this was interrupted shortly after "why is it written Yoo Nayeon at the bottom? This is not my last name!" Nayeon looked at her parents with questioning eyes, but they both looked down, so the girl continued reading "it's a marriage contract, I hope this is just a horrible joke"

"You see honey, our family is having a hard time and, in the position we are in, a fall would make us lose everything. The Yoo family has agreed to have us as relatives, but to do this a marriage is required. This event would do good for both parties" her mother explained.

That explanation was enough both for the other four girls who had a different surname than their own and for those who had another name on their papers, indicating the person intended for them.

Dahyun threw furious looks at everyone present, especially her parents "you barely remember my name and have you taken the right to decide for me anyway?" she jumped up, pointing her finger at them "I'm twenty-one, I have a whole life ahead and I'm not getting married because you say so, I don't even believe in this crap"

"You should moderate your tone of voice, I wouldn't let you make a bad impression in front of your future wife. Sit down and behave as expected of Mr. Kim's daughter" the man adjusted his tie, without getting upset in the slightest in front of the general discomfort "behave as a good daughter for once, it's already a lot if I support you"

The girl pursed her lips and fists, she didn't want to cry in front of all those strangers "I don't need your stupid money, I have a job now" she tried to retort, but she didn't get any response.

"It's okay for me to get married, as long as I can continue to enjoy myself as I want" said Momo as she was running a hand through her long black hair "there really stinks of s in here and I can't tolerate it, I would only be bored in this house"

"Momo, get it over with, don't you understand that we are in a delicate situation?" it was Mina who spoke, slapping Sharon's hands "and you stop playing with your cell phone, you're starting to annoy me"

Sharon snorted and handed her the phone "what should I do then, get hysterical?"

"That would be good for you, I suggest you try" Momo said with a smirk.

Sana was the only one of the four sisters who had no intention of saying a word, she was just watching the reactions of the other girls: Nayeon and Dahyun were rebelling and the others were studying the situation in silence, just like her. She took another look at her contract and grimaced, she didn't like Dahyun.

"Since it will happen anyway, I'll put my soul in peace right away" Jihyo looked at the two pairs of twins "which one of you is Momo?" she asked after rereading her name on her contract.

Momo raised her hand, visibly annoyed "what luck, the most foolish of all has fallen to me. Can't I ask for a change?"

Jihyo wanted to strangle her, but she just gave a forced smile "better fool than " after that sentence there were only screams and threats in the air, in addition to the contracts that were smashed into a thousand pieces.

The girls were helpless, tearing up those photocopies of the contracts couldn't change the situation they were in and continuing to fight would only make the situation worse, so they mutually agreed to stay calm for a while and wait to be alone in order to discuss. None of them wanted to accept that absurd situation, but they knew they couldn't escape the will of their parents and they finally realized it when all their belongings were taken to their new home.