New paths

My red thread of destiny

That morning there would be an extraordinary meeting with Sonia organized at the last minute, in fact the girls were hurrying to tidy up the living room and to be ready: they didn't want to make her angry in any way.

Mina and Chaeyoung had become a team again and were planning their date while cleaning, both excited about spending time alone even if they were undecided about what to do exactly.

Tzuyu was always distracted on her cell phone, attracting the attention of the other girls and intriguing them a lot, even if they were all aware of the reason, or the person, behind those smiles. Her eyes were no longer dull and the dimple on her cheek was showing again.

"Tzu, I know you're busy talking to your sweetheart, but Sonia will arrive in a few minutes and we're not done fixing everything yet" Jeongyeon tapped her on the shoulder "I don't want to receive an hour of detention, Nayeon and I want go out today"

The younger hastened to put the mobile phone in her trouser pocket and make her part by cleaning faster, by now she knew very well that going against the blonde would have done nothing but get a scolding.

A scream coming from the kitchen alarmed Momo, who stopped arranging the couch cushions to go and check "why did you scream?"

Jihyo had put her hand under cold water, her eyes were teary "I got distracted for a moment and I found myself with my hand attached to the Moka pot" she indicated all the coffee poured on the counter "it's nothing serious, I was quick"

"You scared the hell out of me" she had walked over to check the sunburn, being careful not to touch the painful spot "it will pass soon, you took your hand off quickly"

Having her close to her again made Jihyo wish for greater closeness "it's been days since you last approached me, I missed you" she slipped the fingers of her free hand into the loops of her jeans, bringing her even closer.

Momo had placed her palms on the counter behind her girlfriend, giving her the closeness she had requested "and now what would you do, uh? If it's the you are looking for just ask, considering my bad mood I could behave quite interestingly"

"It's definitely part of the things I want, but what I need right now is to sort things out between us. You barely speak to me and I can't stand it" her hand had moved to squeeze the brunette's shirt "I have none claim, just let me forgive me"

"Do you take back the things you said to me during our discussion?" she gave her a light kiss on the neck, a gesture of affection they used to exchange when things weren't going well "do you believe what I told you?"

Jihyo looked down "they're still my parents, it's not easy for me to believe they tried to kill someone, especially the girl I love"

That answer was enough to push Momo away from her "I respect your decision to take their side, but you will have to wait for me to pass the sense of bitterness for not having the support of the person I love. Pay attention to the hand and seek to be ready for Sonia's arrival" she left the kitchen without adding anything else, feeling her heart grow heavier and heavier.

The redhead looked at her still aching hand, sighing "I can never have a little serenity"

As if what had just happened wasn't enough to depress her, Mina and Chaeyoung entered, hand in hand, with their eyes focused on the latter's mobile phone screen "I think a classic date between restaurant and cinema would be fine"

The brunette nodded enthusiastically "we have to choose where to eat and a movie to watch"

"I propose to go to sushi, it's very close to the cinema and honestly I really want it. You can choose the film, you certainly have better tastes than mine" she smiled at her with a dimple.

"I'll think of something," Mina smiled too.

All that love was lethal to Jihyo's mood and for that very reason her face was wet from the silent tears her eyes were shedding. The two girls hurried to go near her to help her recover from that moment of despair.

 

 

 

 

Sonia arrived a few minutes earlier than expected, much to the relief of all the girls except Jeongyeon: she wanted to force them to clean their small gym too, with the excuse that eight would take little.

The woman sat down in the armchair, putting her glasses on her nose and looking at all of them "good morning girls, for today I will avoid asking you how you are because I have little time available, so I'll go straight to the point: they are organizing another event and you have been invited to participate in it not as daughters and daughter-in-law of the families to which you are related, but as couples and individuals"

Sana mentally counted the invitations on the glass table "two are missing"

"They are all, Sharon and Dahyun won't participate" the guardian replied immediately.

"Why not? I doubt anyone knows what they did and that they weren't invited" Jeongyeon felt a little annoyed, as she didn't think it was right to cut them off.

Sonia sighed and took off her glasses "it was a decision made by their parents and I would like not to hear complaints about it"

"This seems like bull of gigantic proportions, I'm going to talk to mum and dad" Momo immediately got up from the couch, headed for the front door.

"Minatozaki Momo, take another step and I will withdraw your invitation. You are already in the crosshairs of the people who matter, do not tell me you would like to worsen your position" she didn't want to bring up the subject and hurt her, but she had been asked not to made interfere none of them in the decision of the families.

The brunette looked at her angrily "Sharon is in the same situation as me and if I really have to see my sister sink then I'll be with her"

"Two out of four daughters at an important event like this would be a disgrace to your family, you should know how it works. Sharon's absence is justifiable, yours wouldn't be at all" she put a hand on her shoulder after joining her "you're a good sister, but now is not the time to prove it"

They sat down again and Sonia started talking "this time you can wear whatever you like and it is advisable to spend the evening talking to some of the big of high society, so that you can make your way through this treacherous world. Are there any questions? I have other things to do and I'm holding back longer than necessary"

Chaeyoung immediately raised her hand "you said to introduce us as a couple and as individuals, does this mean that even we who don't count anything in this society will have the opportunity to make ourselves known?"

"That's right, you will have to prove that you live up to the surname you will carry after marriage and understand what your place will be in high society"

"If we didn't do anything what would happen?" Nayeon had her chin resting on her closed fist.

It was Jeongyeon who replied "nothing would happen, but in that case it is preferable to stay close to your partner or the risk would be to be considered a social climber, a person who only points to the money of the family of who she will marry"

"And in that case none of the people who matter would have esteem for that person, excluding this person from any event and ruining a possible career" Mina finished, remembering perfectly her father's words "it's a hell of a system, but it works like this"

Tzuyu shyly raised her hand "I am a person who doesn't count, how can I do without Sharon? Wouldn't it be better not to introduce myself at all?" she didn't like the idea of ​​facing an event completely alone.

Sonia's gaze softened "the Minatozakis will help you, you won't be alone. When the most powerful partner is absent, the family will give support and I assure you that everything will be fine, your future in-laws will explain everything to you"

There were no more questions and Sonia left. Within minutes the house emptied: Momo had gone out for a jog, Nayeon and Jeongyeon had an appointment, Mina and Chaeyoung had gone to the garden to keep Jihyo company and Sana had left without saying anything.

Tzuyu locked herself in the room and started a video call immediately after lying on the bed. Seeing Sharon's smile made her feel better immediately "it took you a lifetime to answer, for a moment I thought I'd give up"

"Excuse me, I was practically and it didn't seem nice to introduce myself like that" the blonde was rubbing her hair with the towel, but the younger's expression didn't go unnoticed by her gaze "why are you pouting? Something happened?"

"Sonia handed us the invitations for the event" she replied simply.

Sharon left the towel on her shoulders and looked at the screen of the mobile "if you are afraid of not being up to the situation know that you are going astray, everything will be fine. You are an intelligent person and you will be able to manage everything"

"I don't want to go there without you, the first event was disgusting and I would have liked to fix it"

"You already have, believe me" she smiled "it is also thanks to you that I have improved so much. Now that I have a clear mind I can afford to tell you that you will be able to make it through the evening flawlessly, but in any case my family will be there to support you"

Tzuyu returned her smile, enjoying that vision of the girl she fell in love with "it's nice to see you smile like that and it makes me happy, there's nothing forced about you"

The blonde showed her thumb up, turning for a while to take a tray they had brought her "my breakfast has arrived, even if the croissant with hazelnut cream is your favorite and not mine" she took a quick bite.

"It would take me twenty minutes to get to you by car, would you like to wait for me to eat?" she was already getting up.

"Of course I'm waiting for you! But first I have to ask you a question: what's your favorite color? I need to know"

"It's blue, why?" Tzuyu was tying her shoelaces.

Sharon smiled, replying to a message directly from the notification "pure curiosity" 

 

 

 

 

Mr. Kim had his hands in front of his daughter's eyes and was leading her through the huge room he had arranged for her "don't open your eyes until I tell you" he took his hands away and walked away from her.

The only things Dahyun could hear were the sound of her father's footsteps and the sound of a sheet being moved. When the man told her to open her eyes she didn't believe what she had in front of her: next to her father, in all the magnificence and brilliance, there was a piano.

"Whoever breaks pays and, having destroyed the piano you used as a child, I decided to buy another one. Would you like to play for me?"

Her father's smile warmed her heart and holding back her tears was a real challenge for her, but she managed to give herself an attitude "thanks dad, I really don't know what to say"

"Let the music speak for you, I'll listen to you"

Dahyun pushed a few buttons at random before she could sit down on the stool. She inhaled deeply and searched through the songs she had memorized in her brain, choosing one of her favorite melodies.

She began to play, quickly becoming familiar with the instrument despite the fact that she had stopped making music for months, and she felt her heart beating madly in a mixture of emotions that she was pouring into that melody she loved so much.

She closed her eyes, letting the memories guide her through the various notes and shut out the world. There was only her and the piano, nothing else.

Meanwhile Mr. Kim had turned to the door, silently welcoming the newly arrived guest and inviting her to listen beside her.

Sana looked at Dahyun and truly saw her for who she was, feeling a strange grip in her heart. She didn't understand much about music, but what her beloved one was playing made her shed a few tears, even though she didn't know if they were of pain or joy.

As soon as the melody ended the two spectators applauded, both excited. The girl had red cheeks and she was smiling, not stopping even after seeing her ex. 

"You have been very good, the months without playing didn't stand out" the man had a sweet look, thinking about how much his daughter was similar to her mother "when I come back from the meeting I will ask you to play something else, get ready. Good morning Sana, stay as long as you want"

The brunette returned the gentle smile "I'll do it"

Mr. Kim kissed her daughter's head, speaking softly "can I leave you two alone? I thought you both needed it."

Dahyun nodded slowly "I can do it, you can go to the meeting"

They were left alone after a long time and neither of them had a clear idea of ​​what the best behavior could be in that case, so the younger started pressing random keys to pass the time.

"Can I sit next to you?"

She quickly made room for her on the stool, tensing a little as Sana's shoulder touched hers. The older noticed it and made sure not to touch her, keeping a minimum distance from her.

"I'm not a music expert and I'm probably totally ignorant on the subject, but you managed to make me cry" confessed Sana, pushing a key "you are very good and I regret not to have seen your talent sooner"

"You have missed a lot of things in the last period"

"You're right, but unfortunately the past can't be changed and that's why I'm here, to focus on the present and the future. It was your father who asked me to come and see you at this hour and now I can understand why he cared about it so much to make me arrive on time"

Dahyun turned to look at her, uncertain that was choking her "are you going to disappear again?"

The other girl had also turned around, making sure to look the younger one in the eye "no, I'm back to stay" she ventured to put a hand on her shoulder, tracing small circles with her thumb "I want to be forgiven and have your trust back, even if it takes a year or more. I was a fool to leave you and I hate myself for being so cowardly that I hurt you so much"

"I don't blame you for what happened, since all the bad decisions were down to me, but not having you around destroyed me and I can't deny it. I'm still in love with you, but it wouldn't be enough because I no longer trust you, I don't recognize you and I don't even recognize myself. I don't even know if we still love each other in the right way"

Sana's eyes were full of tears "I can't know how you feel, but I can assure you that my love for you is still here and it's ever increasing" she hugged her, sinking her hand into the girl's hair "I love you more than any other thing in the world and I'll prove it to you by visiting you in every free moment; I'll be around you so much that you'll feel dizzy "

Dahyun smiled faintly despite her crying, taking advantage of that hug and the fact that Sana couldn't look at her face "I really hope you succeed"

 

 

 

 

Going to the pool together had become a habit for Nayeon and Jeongyeon, taking advantage of the private facility belonging to the latter's family whenever the opportunity arose. The older couldn't swim, but her girlfriend turned out to be a great teacher and thanks to her help, the water no longer frightened her.

That day she had taught her to swim stroke, although Nayeon had nearly drowned a couple of times despite the water level being less than her height.

"You are really clumsy, when you see that you can't do it you could just stand up" Jeongyeon was laughing heartily, watching her from the ladder "you aren't at all elegant when you swim, Ms. Yoo"

"And you're not nice at all, yellow head"

"Don't be offended, I'm just teasing you" she reached her in a few seconds, emerging right in front of her "you are cute when you pout, even if in these moments it is hard for me to believe that you are older than me"

Nayeon pinched her side "we are only a year apart and age doesn't define how much a person can afford to be touchy. Then, frankly speaking, I challenge anyone not to be with a girlfriend like you"

"Touché, I deserved this" she was giggling, stopping her laughter at the same moment Nayeon turned away from her, asking her to tighten the lace of her costume. She swept her ponytail to the side, making sure to rub her fingertips against her skin and smiling mischievously "do you like it?"

That sudden closeness had made Nayeon shiver, but it was Jeongyeon's voice that gave her the coup de grace and gave her butterflies in her stomach "I think it's pretty clear, even if it doesn't seem like you're doing what I asked"

The blonde's lips had rested on her girlfriend's shoulder, busy tracing a trail of kisses that were increasingly passionate but at the same time cautious. She kissed her lightly on her neck, realizing Nayeon's tension "are you all right?"

"I'm fine, I'll be over soon" she turned to her, biting her lower lip "let's not stop"

Jeongyeon was a little worried "you don't have to feel obligated, I just need to kiss you"

A simple mold kiss made them both overheat despite being partially submerged in cold water. Nayeon's hands sought those of her girl's "I'm ready"

"Do you want to go to my room? My house is a few minutes from here" she kissed her hands, squeezing them with hers "given your fear of water it could be traumatic for you and doing it on a bed could be a better option"

"I've never done it in a swimming pool, in a way it's a safe place from bad memories" she let go of her hands to hold her tight "and I trust you, I know you wouldn't do anything to hurt me or make me drown"

They both smiled "if your performance is going to be disappointing I could really abandon you underwater"

Nayeon's lips were pressed against hers again, less gentle than the kiss from earlier "are you going to act and take this step together? I'm running out of patience"

Jeongyeon slowly undid the top of her costume, taking advantage of the fact that her knot was already loosened and every inch of skin she was sliding the lace over. She knew that Nayeon no longer had a problem with their closeness, but being able to touch her in what was her intimacy without causing bad memories made that experience even more special.

Despite the blonde's generous attentions, the older wasn't left without doing anything and she had reciprocated them all. The two girls didn't know if it was about the pool, the low lights or their way of exploring each other, but those moments of passion were magical for them.