Secrets and spoilers

My red thread of destiny

Dahyun had woken up early, made breakfast for the other girls and left the house, headed for the bus stop. She had her driver's license and Chaeyoung had told her several times that she could take her car, but driving was always an extra cause for anxiety for her and she much preferred to travel by public transport.

The ride to the hospital took almost an hour, but it didn't bother Dahyun at all to accompany her grandmother to her checkups. She noticed with surprise that her beloved old lady had already entered to be examined by her doctor, so she knocked on the door and peeped her head "good morning, can I come in?"

"My darling, why did you bother? I told you not to come" the old lady had an annoyed expression.

Dahyun ignored her stern glances and sat down beside her, looking at the doctor "is there any news? Is she okay?"

The doctor was silent for a while, undecided what to say. Then he decided to do the right thing "unfortunately your grandmother's condition is difficult to completely understand, but she is reacting well to the meds I prescribed and this is a relief. The only thing to blame her is her continuous physical efforts, these are what make her feel bad"

"We agreed, you assured me you wouldn't say anything to my little girl. You're a charlatan" muttered the old woman, even more sulky than before.

"Thank you doctor, I'll do my best not to make her strain at the cost of tying her to a chair" the girl got up from her chair and helped her grandmother do the same, letting her lean on her to walk.

As soon as they got out of the hospital a black car with tinted windows pulled up beside them and, much to their surprise, Mr. Kim got out on the driver's side "I came to get you as promised, Mom" ​​he kissed her on the cheek, completely ignoring his daughter "where would you like to go today?"

"Today I want to spend some time with my granddaughter, we were going to her house. Can you give us a lift? You would make your poor mother happy"

The man smiled at her calmly "at the orders of my lady" he opened the door for her and helped her to get in, then looked at his daughter in a detached way "hurry up and get in the car or I'll leave you on foot" 

The girl rolled her eyes and did as she was told; a ride in the car was always welcome. She didn't say a word the whole time and she didn't even exchange a nod with her father when they arrived at their destination. Her grandmother said nothing about their behaviour towarda each other, accustomed to their silences.

The grandmother observed every detail of the villa with a dreamy look "what a beautiful house, I'm happy to know that my granddaughter lives in this luxury" she smiled when they entered the living room "oh, look who's there"

Chaeyoung immediately turned in their direction, having recognized the voice "grandmother!" she immediately ran to hug her "what are you doing here? What a nice surprise"

"I would like to spend some time with you, if I don't disturb you" she squeezed her tightly, even though her arms no longer had the same strength as before "where is my little girl? I want to see how tall she is now; she can still get under the doors?"

"Yes grandma, I can still do it" Tzuyu smiled and kissed her cheek before hugging her "sit on the couch, don't stay up" they accompanied her, sitting down with her.

Ms. Kim's attention turned to Mina "who is this beautiful girl?"

"She is my girlfriend" Chaeyoung smiled radiantly and took her hand, intertwining their fingers "I was going to introduce her to you in front of one of your fantastic lasagna, but even this way it will be fine"

"My name is Mina, it's a real pleasure to meet her" she smiled shyly and let the old lady take her free hand.

Ms. Kim was smiling "I can see you're a good girl, I can see it in your eyes. But tell me: is Chae being nice to you? She can be a real pest and loves to mess around. One morning you might catch her with ten new tattoos and if that happens, I suggest you throw a slipper in her face. I assure you that for a while she won't be in any trouble"

"Grandma, you should only say good and nice things about me!" Chaeyoung rolled her eyes "you're giving me bad publicity"

Mina was laughing "I already knew these things, what changes if she reiterates them?"

Tzuyu pointed to the brunette with a smirk "I'm sorry Chae, but she's totally right. As always, also because everyone knows what you are like"

The old woman's attention turned to Sharon as soon as she saw her emerge from the corridor and immediately noticed that something was wrong, so she decided to get up and talk to her, away from indiscreet ears "are you all right honey? You seem about to collapse"

The blonde had trembling hands, so she decided to hide them in the pockets of her sweatshirt "it's okay lady, I'm just a bit in a hurry and this makes me nervous"

"You are aware that drugs are not a solution to your problems, are you? Don't be surprised, I wasn't always a sweet and pretty old lady, I had some crushes too, when I was your age" she spoke in a low and calm tone, before gently taking her hands "you need help"

"Don't tell anyone, I'm already solving this problem by myself. Please" she looked at her pleadingly, squeezing her hands tightly "especially not to Tzuyu, I know who she is, grandma"

"So you are her future bride, now that I'm looking good at you I'm noticing the resemblance to the other lovely girl, her name is Mina right? My memory is bad lately" she smiled kindly "I won't say anything, even because I'll forget it in five minutes, but I want to warn you that Tzuyu is very fragile and sensitive to lies, so be careful not to hurt her. And most importantly, stop hurting yourself, it's not fair"

Sharon thought for a long time about those words, but as soon as she arrived at Jack's apartment her thoughts were replaced by something else, something that had a well-defined shape and that the girl found most useful in overcoming her problems. She stopped shaking instantly, feeling like she was in heaven again.

 

 

 

When her grandmother left Dahyun decided to go and rest for a while, throwing herself heavily on her beloved bed, but Sana had other plans for her and entered her room without even knocking "okay, I suggest you stop ignoring me" she said while dropping a book and a dictionary on the bed "because you will need my help"

"Why did you bring a Japanese grammar book and a dictionary?" Dahyun sat up and looked at everything with disgust "don't tell me I have to start studying"

"You guessed it, I'm sorry for you, but being the future wife of whoever will have to manage the family business in Japan it is preferable that you can speak Japanese. You just need an intermediate level" the taller girl sat down next to her, smiling "this will give us the opportunity to spend a lot of time alone, me and you, we're lucky"

Dahyun rolled her eyes and lay down again, on her stomach "you can forget it, I won't even study a page. Now go away, I want to sleep a bit before dinner"

Not hearing any answer, the brunette thought she was finally alone, but a few seconds after she relaxed Sana lay down on top of her "I won't leave you alone, put it on your head. You cannot study and look like an idiot during events and family reunions, but you won't be able to demoralize me. I'll be on you until you forgive me"

"Get off my back, you're heavy" Dahyun's response was dry, but she couldn't deny herself that she was thrilled by the sudden closeness. Sana understood this and pushed her hair to the side, kissing her immediately on the neck. Initially they were innocent kisses, but when the girl with auburn-hair realized the effect those kisses were having on the other girl she decided to put some passion into each kiss.

Dahyun wanted to turn around and Sana let her do it, looking into her eyes "you're finally looking at me in the face, we're making progress"

"Shut up, you're annoying" the brunette dug her fingers into her hair and kissed her on the lips for a long time. They went no further, but spent a lot of time kissing and reaching for each other with their hands. Sana loved the way Dahyun whispered her name and how she flinched every time she touched her bare skin under her shirt.

 

 

 

That evening Chaeyoung and Mina thought about preparing dinner, taking advantage of the fact that no one in the house wanted to try their luck in front of the stove. They were preparing a very simple pasta with sauce, but the shorter of the two seemed skeptical "are you sure it's like this? In the videos I watched no one did as you are doing"

Mina looked at her seriously "I was in Italy for two weeks, trust me and not the people who cook on the internet" she drained the pasta, concentrated to the maximum not to burn herself.

"You haven't even broken the spaghetti and there's only a clove of garlic in the sauce, what kind of pasta is this? It won't taste anyhow"

Nayeon, who was walking back and forth from the dining room to set the table, gave a light pinch on Chaeyoung's side "stop contradicting her, you're offending her" she whispered slightly, taking the drinks from the fridge and walking back.

"Excuse me, I'm very picky about food and eating things I don't know always makes me a little anxious. Forgive me? I promise to eat it without prejudice, I will definitely like it" she squeezed her from behind, being careful not to get in the way while she turned the pasta.

"I would never be able to get angry with you, but don't doubt me anymore or next time I'll use the spoon to hurt you" she smiled, amused.

Chaeyoung was smiling mischievously "I might like it, you know?"

"Dinner is ready!" Mina yelled, completely red in her face, breaking away from her girl and carrying the pan into the dining room. The shorter one giggled and followed her while humming.

Tzuyu got up from the couch to join the others at the table, stopping as soon as Sharon crossed the threshold "hey, you arrived in time for dinner"

The blonde chewed on her fingernail "I'm not hungry, me and Emily, my gamer friend, ate all the time and I have no space in my stomach. Can you tell my sisters? I urgently need a shower, you know how much I sweat during tournaments" it was now easy to lie, despite the fact that she was sorry to keep Tzuyu in the dark.

"Sure, don't worry. Do you want to play after dinner? We still have to level up" she smiled at her with her dimple, Sharon's weak point.

"Of course I want, I'll wait for you" she smiled and, without realizing it, she placed her lips on those of her girlfriend, kissing her softly "sorry, the enthusiasm has this effect on me. Forget it, next time I'll give you a better one!" she smiled at her and hurried upstairs.

Tzuyu touched her lips, blushing and smiling. She had to wait a couple of minutes before joining the others at the table, pretending that nothing had happened even though that simple kiss meant a lot to her.

"Momo and Sharon are missing, don't they want to eat?" Sana asked before starting to eat "they don't know what they're missing, this pasta is very good"

"Sharon has eaten all afternoon and she's not hungry" Tzuyu immediately said, still euphoric.

Momo walked into the dining room before anyone else mentioned her, quickly kissed Jihyo on the lips, and sat down next to her "pasta, Mina cooked" she affirmed confidently, starting to eat under the curious gaze of the other girls "right, we forgot to tell you we're officially a couple" she smiled at her girlfriend.

"The only ones who hate each other are just the two of you now" Jeongyeon pointed at Sana and Dahyun with her fork "you should take an example from us, at least we are not always fighting like little girls"

Sana stifled a smirk and didn't talk about what happened just before in Dahyun's room, not wanting to embarrass the latter "we'll learn, we don't need your example" she winked at the brunette and resumed eating.

Keeping silent about their passionate exchange of affection earned Sana many points, as well as Dahyun's gratitude.

The dinner went on in total tranquility, the exact opposite of the beginnings of their coexistence, and some of them watched an apocalyptic film after dinner, under the proposal of Jihyo. They had a lot of fun because of Nayeon's fright, who had ended up in Jeongyeon's arms to seek shelter. They enjoyed making jokes about anything they thought was stupid, like the behavior of the protagonists.

"I would be the first to die in such a situation, I'm too noisy and in need of food" Momo said after the umpteenth death, munching her cereal bar.

Jeongyeon was Nayeon's hair "I see myself with a rifle in my hand, I'd do a real massacre of monsters"

Jihyo chuckled "I'd rather not find out, I'm fine like this"

Sana gestured with her hand to silence them "let me hear, I'm curious to know what they want to do now"

"The leader of the group proposed to act as a decoy to trap one of the infected. He is about to die" Chaeyoung had her cell phone in her hands "they will all die, according to what is written on this site" a chorus of annoyed voices rose and they threw popcorn at her, even Nayeon and Dahyun. She rolled her eyes and ate some, no longer tryong to do spoilers.