The process

My red thread of destiny

For Mina and Chaeyoung it took only a couple of days to organize their date in the best possible way, complete with a reservation at the sushi restaurant. The younger had thought of the cinema tickets, not forgetting to complain a little just to persuade her girlfriend not to choose a romantic film.

To make up for all the complaints, Chaeyoung got behind the wheel of her girlfriend's car, even though Mina knew very well the real reason behind that gesture, letting the older choose the music.

They had dressed informally, with simple jeans and a T-shirt, but Chaeyoung's pink hair and the elegance of Mina didn't go unnoticed in the eyes of the people around them, making them feel like VIPs.

"Everyone's looking at us, your hair is a little too showy" Mina poured water for both of them before starting to eat "plus I'm afraid you'll have to use a wig soon"

"Don't lie, you are the one who attracts attention with those angel moves" she already had full of food "but you are right about my hair and for this reason I was thinking of going back to brunette for a while, I've been going around looking like a highlighter for months"

Mina smiled amused "angel moves? Seriously?"

"Absolutely yes, I should take videos of you and show you them" she winked, followed by a pout "you ignored what I said about my hair"

"I haven't ignored it, I'm just aware that you won't change color anytime soon. I know you by now and I know you really like pink hair"

Chaeyoung stopped to look at the girl sitting in front of her, thinking back to all the things that had happened in almost a year of living together and realizing the feeling that bound them. She slowly lowered her chopsticks "I would like to apologize again for my recent behavior, I feel like a total idiot for doubting my feelings for you and I probably don't even deserve to be here with you now, but thank you for giving me another possibility and for loving me; your presence and your affection are all I need to go on everyday"

Mina had stopped eating too, devoting all her attention to the words she had just spoken. She hinted a shy smile before reaching out with her free hand, turning her palm up "I thought I told you not to apologize anymore, there is no need"

The younger immediately shook the hand that Mina was holding out to her, playing with her fingers "it's hard not to"

"I've already forgiven you, sooner or later everyone gets confused about something. I just need it not to happen again, or even better, I just need sincerity from you"

"You are a special person, I ran out of words to tell you. You are practically perfect" the sweet smile that Chaeyoung was giving her disappeared during their viewing of the film, replaced by an expression halfway between surprised and worried. She would have expected everything from her girlfriend, but not that she would like to watch movies about shooting, theft and modified cars "maybe we should have chosen a romantic movie"

 

 

 

 

Jihyo, tired of sleeping alone, got out of bed without even checking the time and went to open the door of Momo's room, closing it immediately behind her. She didn't even give the other girl time to react as she had already slipped under the covers and made herself comfortable.

A hand that she knew well gently brushed her hair away from her face "it's almost two in the morning, why are you still awake?"

"I was turning over in my bed and I decided to come to you, determined to stay even if you didn't want to"

"I would never kick you out of my bed, it was you who decided not to sleep with me anymore" the brunette put down the sheets she was reading on the bedside table and lay down next to her, continuing to her hair "but you were right to leave, considering the treatment I have given you lately. I apologize"

Jihyo's eyes widened "are you really apologizing?"

"Why are you so surprised? Look, I'm not like my twin" she pinched her nose "you're really bad to think that someone like me can't apologize when she's wrong. We were both wrong and I'm the only one who hasn't apologized"

"You also said you were wrong, I can't believe it" the redhead took her face in her hands, staring intently into her eyes "are you perhaps sick?"

Momo refrained from laughing in her face and remained serious "in fact there is one thing I never told you.."

Jihyo looked at her curious and worried at the same time "hurry up and talk, I'm worried. What have you got?"

The brunette smiled and climbed on top of her, blocking her hands with hers and kissing her forehead "I'm madly in love with you and I'm afraid there is no cure"

"You scared me, you're a fool" she laced her fingers to hers, feeling at home again "even though I'm afraid I have the same problem as you"

"The only solution is to stay together until the end of our days, it will be hard but we will make it"

They looked into each others eyes, talking through them, but there was something strange in Momo's and Jihyo freed her hands to take her face "what are you thinking?"

"I'm thinking about what I have to do tomorrow and the possible consequences, but I am firm in my decision despite my fear" she rested her head on her chest, letting herself be embraced.

"Don't you want to tell me what it is?"

"I would like to, but I don't want to be influenced in any way. If you want to know, you can ask Mina, then it will be up to you to decide what to do with that information and act accordingly. I'm not keeping you in the dark, I want to make it clear"

After a few moments of silence, the redhead resumed her girlfriend's hair "okay, I'll ask Mina. Now you should sleep, you are very tired and you will have to be at your best to get through the day"

Momo smiled, giving her a kiss on her neck as a thank you and removing herself from above her "you should sleep too" she took her in her arms, holding her tightly for the whole night.

 

 

 

 

 

A small crowd of onlookers had gathered outside the courthouse, attracted by the presence of the Parks and their lawyer. They both seemed very nervous, to the point of giving a contemptuous treatment to the reporters they adored so much, ignoring their questions.

The anger they were feeling seemed to increase as a shiny black car pulled up at the bottom of the steps leading into the facility; when the passenger door was opened by the driver the reporters went mad: Mr. Minatozaki, followed by his wife and the older of their daughters, got out of the car without batting an eye.

The crowd rushed to them, but they were kept at a safe distance by the three who had just arrived, who had approached the Parks. They exchanged looks of defiance and disgust.

"I hope your lawyer knows what to do because we have a lot of evidence against you" the man said after standing in front of them.

Mr. Park smiled after looking around "the only one who could screw everything up would be our daughter, but apparently she's not here"

"We will manage without involving her, she doesn't deserve to suffer again because of you. We still have evidence of your attempted murder and you are lucky to have a pacifist in front of you, because I would like to smash your heads full of for what you did to my daughter"

Mrs. Minatozaki took her husband's arm gently "let's go in, they don't even deserve to hear your insults"

The man nodded slowly and followed his wife and daughter inside, after glaring at the parents of his future daughter-in-law. If he could have killed them with his own hands he would have done it, but the idea of ​​rotting them in prison appealed to him much more.

Momo was shaking and pale "I hope everything goes well and that Jihyo won't start hating me"

"She might get angry, but she would never hate you" her mother was her back "she is a smart girl and when the process is over she will realize the situation"

"I hope so" she was looking at the floor, isolating herself from everything around her and not even paying attention to the lawyer, who had joined them immediately to review the last details of the evidence accumulated in those months. She had never felt so anxious about something in her life, except for the night they found Sharon nearly dead in the bathroom.

"We have to go, remember that we are right and that none of their lies will override the physical and paper evidence we have" her father shrugged to encourage her "we will be sitting a short distance from you, we are ready to support you"

The girl nodded slowly, immediately feeling dazed by the presence of the judge: that man had an expression so impassive that it was impossible to understand what he was thinking and aroused a certain fear even in the lawyers of both sides.

Momo realized that much of the time had passed without anyone having asked her a single question, giving her the impression of not being considered at all and making her even more nervous. Her family's attorney was handling the situation very well, often silencing Mr and Mrs Park's lawyer without much effort.

The judge, after carefully following the two lawyers' continuous questioning and answering, had started to examine the evidence that had been delivered to him "the issue of the accident is certainly very serious and, from what I see, postpone the hearing for looking for more evidence would be a useless move on my part, however what I have in front of me isn't enough to indict the Parks. It is true that the vehicle belongs to one of the people who work for them, but this doesn't directly involve them in what happened"

Silence fell, a silence that the Minatozaki lawyer hastened to interrupt "Your Honor, I apologize for my impudence, but please also examine the other documents I have given to you. If we are here today it isn't just for a attempted murder, which is a serious and repugnant act, but we are also here to discuss the illegal tendencies carried out by the two defendants. These two individuals, in addition to gambling, have extorted a lot of money for years. We are talking about a lot of serious accusations: attempted murder, extortion of money, gambling and child abuse"

The judge didn't interrupt him, merely listening and examining the evidence at the same time "Miss Minatozaki's bank withdrawal also coincides with what has been said, but there is no evidence here to tell me that the defendants actually collected that money; it hasn't been paid into any of their accounts. As for the abuse and extortion of money from a minor.. I would like to meet the alleged victim or I'm afraid of not being able to make a well-considered decision" he went away to study the evidence a little more.

Momo looked around her, refraining from letting go of a panic attack and loosening her tie a little. She cursed herself, blaming herself for pushing her family into that uncomfortable situation without looking for better evidence. She lowered her head, feeling defeated on every front.

The Parks were already smiling, both ready to savor victory, but their smiles faded as the doors of the courtroom were in swung open. Jihyo was wearing a slightly oversized black suit, probably Sana's, and her long red hair tied in a ponytail. She was angry and terrified at the same time, but she didn't let herself be intimidated by the presence of her parents and she went to sit next to her girlfriend "am I late? Tell me no" she whispered anxiously.

"I don't know, the judge doesn't think our evidence is enough to arrest them and they'll probably just get a poor fine or something. I'm so sorry" she couldn't even look her in the face.

The Minatozaki's lawyer bent down to talk to her "the judge isn't very convinced, but he said he wanted to meet the victim of their abuse. Do you feel like being questioned? You don't have to"

Jihyo looked at her parents, receiving contemptuous looks, and then she focused her attention on her future in-laws, finding in them the support and affection she had never received "I can do it, I also brought all the payments that I have put in their accounts over the years. I also have some photos that demonstrate their physical violence against me" she handed the folder she had under her arm to the lawyer, giving him time to check.

"Will you really do it? Then there is no going back"

"Those two s got away with it for too long and it would've been okay as a thing, but they hurt you and I can't forgive them" she took her hand, squeezing it tight "I should have believed you from the start, let me fix this mess"

Momo nodded, looking at her with so much love that the redhead's heartbeat accelerated "you always manage to surprise me"

The judge re-entered the courtroom, very surprised by Jihyo's arrival, but did nothing to stop her from speaking and asking all the questions himself as he examined the new evidences. It was a very difficult time, but in the end the judge found the defendants guilty and had them arrested without any right to protest.

When they left the court Jihyo let herself go to a liberating cry, making Momo worry "don't cry like that, you'll feel bad. I'm so sorry, they're still your parents"

"You were a for not telling me and leaving the task to your sister" the redhead calmed down to be able to speak "but I love you so much for having had the courage to denounce those monsters" she took her face in her hands, giving her a kiss so intense it made the brunette's parents pull away while they giggled.

"Aren't you angry?" Momo held her tightly to herself, her back "don't you hate me?"

"I am sad for my parents' arrest, they are still my family from the past, but now I have you and I know what it means to have someone around who really loves you, I know how it feels to have a real family and a place to define 'home'. I could never hate the person who saved me from that crap and, even if your complaint was made mainly for the accident, you still took a risk to fight my battle too. You are my hero"

They were both crying because of the strong emotions they were feeling, carried away by the love that bound them.

"Now we just have to change your surname" Momo kissed her tenderly on her lips "but before this I'll have to be forgive. How about having a dinner together? Not tonight, when will you feel like it"

Jihyo smiled at her through the tears "let's go tonight, I want to leave everything behind starting from now"

 

 

 

 

After a busy afternoon talking about the process, Sana left to spend the evening at Dahyun's house. They couldn't see each other very often, but things were better between them and there was no longer that heavy air between them, which had left room for meaningless but pleasant speeches.

They had prepared dinner together, even though the older hadn't done much, and had decided to eat in front of the huge TV in the living room on the second floor of the villa.

"This protagonist is one of the most useless I've ever seen, he always faints" muttered Dahyun, placing her chopsticks on the empty plate "they give him too much importance"

Sana smiled amused "in my opinion he isn't that bad, he is more human than the usual protagonists who immediately become indisputable heroes"

"You don't understand anything when it comes to movies, you are only an expert when it comes to drama" she turned off the TV, so that she could go to her bedroom immediately after cleaning everything up.

The brunette had agreed with her, letting the conversation lead to another topic. After spending some time in the room Dahyun took the keyboard and placed it on the bed "I want you to hear something, but since it is not finished yet I won't play it on the piano so as not to spoil the final effect"

The room went from being quiet to being noisy, but that noise was making its way into Sana's heart. She finally realized that this was music and that it wasn't true that words were needed to convey emotions, in that case they would have been too much.

She realized she was lost in her thoughts the moment Dahyun wiped her cheeks with her thumbs. The keyboard had been carefully stowed away and the younger was looking at her without betraying any emotion.

"There is no need to cry, even if I hoped for this reaction for a while; it was I who composed this melody and I did it thinking of you, I put all my feelings into trying to overcome the breakup, hoping to get rid of it forever"

"Did it work? Are you free?"

She shook her head "not at all, composing this melody just made me realize how strong what I feel for you is. I don't know what happened in Japan and part of me doesn't even want to know, but thinking about you with another person has me torn my soul all the time, to the point of believing that by losing myself I would feel better"

Sana ran her fingers through her hair, just like she used to do before their separation "I haven't been with anyone, I only had work in mind because I wanted to finish quickly and get back to you. I behaved really badly and in your place I would have reacted much worse than you did"

"That's right, you were a " Dahyun lowered her voice "but I can't stop loving you and wanting to be with you. I don't expect everything to be okay, but if I don't step forward the situation will stay that way forever"

"What do you mean?" Sana looked at her in confusion, but that moment of bewilderment disappeared as quickly as it had come, as Dahyun had climbed on top of her. It was the first time that the girl had taken the initiative of and seeing her like that made her lost her mind.

Dahyun reached out to kiss her, pushing her onto the mattress as her kiss deepened. Sana's hands were already under her shirt, tracing her bare skin as carefully as if it were the first time. Their physical and mental distance was finally over and the brunette had no intention of backing down.

"This time I'll drive you crazy, Minatozaki Sana" she spoke to her ear before going down to kiss her on her neck "I'm going to make up for all the lost time"

Sana had never felt this way and never allowed anyone to take control over her, but she made an exception for the one she loved, promising herself to give her all of the love she was feeling. That night they both discovered new sides of the other, but they didn't just push each other to the limit, loving each other with a sweetness they had never experienced before.