To trust

My red thread of destiny

The next morning Nayeon woke up very early and decided to make breakfast for all of them. She wasn't very good at cooking, but the first meal of the day it always came well to her and that day it was no exception, considering the silence of all the girls gathered at the table. They were all too busy gorging themselves on food.

"Since we have a valid option for breakfast, what do you think about kicking Dahyun away? We'll just have to pay someone to cook or we could order take away" Sana said suddenly "we certainly don't lack the money to do it"

Dahyun rolled her eyes, not bothering to hide the annoyance she was feeling "I hope the next bite goes wrong for you"

"I like how she cooks, if you don't like it, go eat in restaurants" Chaeyoung intervened "spoiled girl"

"Talk to me again in that tone and I swear I'll step on you with my heaviest boots, dwarf" the girl with auburn hair gave her a murderous look, even though she would have preferred to throw her the plate she had in front of her "your little friend can defend herself"

A scream followed her words, caused by a pinch that had reached her arm "apologize, to the both of them" Mina was so serious, at the point to be scary "or I'll tell mom that you broke her vase with the gold decorations"

"Was it her? Mom scolded me!" Momo stopped eating and threw the dirty napkin to her twin "you also told me you didn't know anything, you're a !"

"Okay, I beg your pardon" Sana looked at the two friends, then turned her gaze to the handkerchief her sister had thrown at her "it's dirty with jam, how disgusting"

"Don't ignore what I said and hurry up and call our mother, you have to do it in front of my eyes, now"

Sharon took her eyes off the mobile phone screen for a few seconds "tell her it was me, she expects something like this from me"

That simple phrase silenced her sisters, who looked at her with anxiety and concern "absolutely not, we will keep it secret. I'm the oldest, every now and then it's okay to have me scolded for you three" Momo took her hand, squeezing it tightly "indeed, How about we all go out together today? We haven't done it for a long time"

"That's a great idea" Mina smiled and stood up, clearing the table for all the four of them, while Sana and Momo left the kitchen, holding Sharon arm in arm and talking softly.

"Why did you all change your expression when Sharon said that? Is there a problem?" Tzuyu was staring at her intently, eager to know and understand.

"When she feels ready she will tell you, I can only tell you this" the brunette gave her a gentle smile, hurrying to leave so as not to have to answer other questions. Tzuyu wanted to follow her and ask more about it, but what Sharon was about was none of her business.

Jihyo got up from the table, smiling at the chef of the day "I'm going to work, thanks for the breakfast Nay"

"Good job, pay attention to crazy people" Nayeon returned the smile and finished clearing the table "good day to all" she said to those who were still at the table, before going to the room to get ready: in a few hours she would be went out with Jeongyeon, who hadn't even turned up for breakfast that morning.

 

 

 

Jeongyeon had only needed a pair of jeans and a black jacket to be beautiful, but although Nayeon was dressed similar to her and had her hair tied in a very simple ponytail she found her to be even more beautiful.

They got into the car without saying anything: they were both embarrassed and didn't know what to say to each other. They hadn't even the radio and the silence was getting heavier every minute, so Jeongyeon decided to turn it on, complaining about every single song and turning it off immediately.

"If you don't like songs on the radios you can connect your cell phone, you know?"

"I know and I do it often, but I don't know what you'd like to hear and in this way, listening to the radio I mean, I have no reason to worry"

Nayeon nodded "can I connect mine? I think about the music, so you don't get distracted while driving and there is no risk of listening to songs we don't like"

The girl behind the wheel seemed to think about it "actually I'd rather talk a little, isn't this the purpose of the date?"

"Okay, so I'll ask you a question right away: would you like to have children?"

The car stopped abruptly, crashing and risking being hit by the cars behind it "are you crazy? Does this seem like a question to ask a person who is driving?"

"So the answer is no, it's a shame" Nayeon put a red x next to a sentence written in the notes of her cell phone, not at all disturbed by the sudden braking "I would like to have at least two of them a short time away, so as to make them grow united"

"I didn't say no, you just surprised me" Jeongyeon had resumed driving, with more attention than before "and explain to me why you have a list of things written in the notes of the phone, are you perhaps testing me?"

"More or less, I don't really care if your answers don't match what I want, it's just not to run out of topics to talk about and not to get bored" admitted the other, looking out the window.

There was silence again, which wasn't interrupted for quite a while, as they just went shopping separately, wandering around the same stores, but not spending their time together. Nayeon was constantly embarrassed and Jeongyeon was always being stopped by some girl who wanted to hit on her.

Nayeon wasn't surprised: the Yoo family had been very rich for generations and many people would have killed in order to have a small part of their wealth; plus, Jeongyeon was really beautiful, which annoyed her future bride.

"She's flirting with that hen, I can't believe it" she murmured, observing how Jeongyeon was comfortably, and beautifully, leaning against a wall conversing with a girl who was shamelessly hitting on her.

She put down the shirt she had taken and decided to leave the shop: she was annoyed and didn't want to stay there like a poor fool while those two flirted, so she decided to have a snack in a bar that was a few meters away from that shop.

Jeongyeon joined her a few minutes later, sitting in front of her with all the calm in the world "I thought you wanted to go shopping, why didn't you buy anything?

"This doesn't concern you" Nayeon was giving her full attention to the huge sundae of ice cream she had ordered, complete with chocolates inside it.

"Are you angry with me? I seem to have done nothing wrong" she received no response, something she hated very much, so she decided to annoy her too "are you jealous? I can flirt with you too if you want" she winked at her "actually, it's all inclusive for you, if you know what I mean"

"I don't want anything from you, flirt with whoever you want" her cheeks were flushed and she was aware of it, so she said the first thing her brain managed to pull out "I don't feel very well, maybe I'm getting a fever"

Jeongyeon chuckled, approaching her and placing her lips on her forehead "it doesn't seem to me at all" she murmured without breaking the contact "look for a better excuse or I'll think you like me and want to sleep with me"

"Think what you want, you won't get anything from me even if you commit" she jerked away, annoyed by the uncomfortable situation that had arisen, and she got up immediately after finishing the ice cream.

 

 

 

They went to the beach to watch the sun go down, all without speaking a word until dinner.

Nayeon's stomach made itself felt loud and clear, so Jeongyeon took her cell phone "I order pizza, do you have any preferences? I like the one with spicy salami"

"Take it for me too, I love to eat spicy" her face was lit up as she heard the name of pizza.

"It will come soon, no one can take the luxury of making me wait" Jeongyeon put away the cell phone and concentrated on the girl sitting next to her "now that you are calmer can we talk a little?"

Their eyes met and Nayeon sighed "okay, but if you start acting like a I'll get up and walk home"

"It seems like a fair compromise. May I know why you took it so hard before? It's not for my ego, I just want to avoid bothering you again with my behavior"

Nayeon seemed to be looking for the right words "is that I didn't like seeing you flirting with other people during our date. I know it's all forced because it was Sonia who forced us to do it and I have no claim on you, but in my opinion it wasn't a correct behavior towards me"

Jeongyeon was looking at her, despite Nayeon's face facing the sea "I wasn't flirting, I didn't flirt with any of those girls, especially since I know they only got close because I emanate wealth even from my hair. The only one that really has my attention it's you, I assure you. I never needed to hit anyone because I always needed just one look to get what I wanted, but with you it's different and I can't deny I'm feeling a little frustrated"

"I didn't expect such an elaborate answer" their pizzas had arrived and they had started eating "but I thank you for the things you said, I guess it's not easy for you"

"Indeed it is, but with what I said I also answered your constant question about physical contact" she took a sip of her drink "I like to feel close to you, I would like to touch you right now"

Nayeon's cheeks flushed again and she wanted to sink into the sand instantly, but she kept calm "what I don't understand is why you try to get close to someone who always and above all rejects you, since we are in a moment of revelation, because you try so hard to tease me. Is it necessary to trip me when I get up from the couch? Not to mention when you woke me up with a smack on my forehead"

Jeongyeon laughed, coughing to stop as soon as she realized she was irritating the other girl "I tease you because your reactions are funny and because they allow me to have your attention. As I said I am used to having everything right away, but you don't want to give it to me and this is driving me crazy. Let me get close to you, I know I've made you countless teases, but I can assure you that you would be the only one for me. I know the interest is mutual so.. What's stopping you?"

"I don't trust anyone Jeongyeon, that's what blocks me" Nayeon's eyes were sad "I can't even trust my parents, considering their countless lies"

"When you want to talk about it I will listen to you, I understand that you won't tell me more" she gently took her hand, waiting a few seconds before holding it "but I hate lies and you just have to read some online articles about me to understand it; I'd rather get myself killed instead, but I would never lie"

Nayeon returned the hold "you'll have to teach me to trust, but I already know it won't be easy for either of us"

"It doesn't matter, we can improve together. We have a lot of time to do it"

"That's true" Nayeon nodded, not knowing what else to add. The situation had become serious and she didn't know how to get out.

"Now that you have agreed to let me get close to you, can I give you a kiss? I want to imprint this moment in our minds" Jeongyeon said suddenly, closing her eyes and stretching her lips, starting to laugh when the other girl's hand reached her face.

"Try it again and I'll kill you, stay away from me"

Jeongyeon smiled at her, amused by her serious expression and tone of voice "I don't even have the slightest intention of doing that"