Mixed feelings

My red thread of destiny

That day the sun was shining high in the sky and Momo had decided to pop into her father's office, hoping to be able to talk to him. The secretary told her to wait a moment and she disappeared around the corner for a couple of minutes, returning shortly after "you can go, have a good day honey" she smiled kindly as usual at her and let her pass.

The girl entered the office without knocking and smiled at the only man in her life "good morning dad, do you have some time for me? I brought you coffee" she closed the door behind her and sat down on the other side of the desk, in front of him.

"I always have time for my girls, especially when they offer me coffee" he smiled and took a sip "although I don't understand why this sudden visit to my office. Did something happen? Did Sharon and Sana hit each other again? Don't tell me Mina has spent the last few days crying over a book"

Momo smiled amused, her father's worried expressions were hilarious "believe it or not they have never hit each other since we went to live with the others and Mina hasn't cried since she fell in love; I came here because I need your help"

Mr. Minatozaki became serious and authoritarian and began to scrutinize her carefully, looking for some physical change in his daughter "you look thinner, I should worry? You haven't got into any bad habits, have you? Look me in the eye"

"Dad, you know very well I would never do that" she gave him a hurt look "I'm stupid, but not unconscious"

"Honey, I don't think you are stupid and you know it very well; it's just that I never want to see my daughters suffer again and I prefer to be sure of everything. Now tell me why you are here, I won't interrupt you again"

The girl took some papers from the bag and handed them to him, leaving him a few moments to examine them "I want to report Jihyo's parents, as you can see I have taken everything necessary to have evidence both on the treatment they have reserved for their daughter and on their habits. We're talking about psychological violence, and I believe also physical, extortion of money, threats and gambling"

"When we agreed on the marriage contract they seemed to me to be decent people, what good actors" he carefully checked all the papers before placing them on the desk "Jihyo was really brave to leave you all the documentation to report them, it mustn't be easy for her at all"

"To tell the truth, I didn't ask her, I asked Sana to get her out of the house so I could take everything. I know she would be against it, but those worms deserve to be punished"

The man softened his eyes and spoke in a low and calm tone "you shouldn't do such a thing behind her back, the moment you step foot in court the journalists will compete to spread the news everywhere. She would find out and she wouldn't be happy, I assure you"

Momo bit the inside of her cheek "I didn't think about it"

"Without these papers would you still have concrete evidence? In that case you could report them on your own, even if I have to repeat myself and tell you it's not a good idea"

"I have withdrawn all the remaining sum and I have the receipt, it was I who closed the debt" Momo's eyes lit up "they would investigate and everything would come to the surface"

"Then it should be enough to report, but we must still hope that Jihyo agrees to testify. You have to talk to her and ask her if she would be willing to do so, they are still her parents and the final decision is up to her"

The girl took the sheets back, giving them a look before putting them back in her bag, and she slowly got up from her chair "I'll try to tell her"

 

 

 

"Sana, can you tell me where we are going? You practically dragged me out of the house" there was fun in Jihyo's voice "is it a rapture?"

The other girl was driving and had her eyes fixed on the road "see it as you want, but today you will spend some quality time with me. You will have a lot of fun, I guarantee" she winked at her, taking advantage of the red light.

"You're weird, we've never spent time alone, not even five minutes. I don't think you'll have fun with me" she smiled at her, a little sorry.

Sana seemed absorbed in her thoughts and didn't answer immediately, giving the impression that she hadn't heard "if my twin likes you then I like you too and then, I have to tell you, you are not as bad as you think. I'm not flirting with you, I want to put my hands forward"

Jihyo smiled "I know you would never try with me and I also know that it's not my bond with Momo that stops you, since you like Dahyun"

The girl who had just finished speaking thanked her seat belt, if she hadn't had it she would have crashed into the dashboard due to hard braking. Sana had pressed the brake hard and was gripping the steering wheel with all her strength.

"Is it that obvious?" she asked calmly, resuming driving as if she hadn't risked getting hit by another car.

"To tell the truth no, I just wanted to make a joke" admitted the other, a little surprised "I would never have imagined such a thing from you, no offense"

"I am not offended, I know very well that I am a person.. Adventurous and I assure you that I am not remaining idle in the last period. We are not together, so I am not cheating on her"

Jihyo seemed a little skeptical about it, but she didn't say anything. It was Sana who continued that conversation "I heard her talking to Tzuyu about a girl who goes to her music school and I think they like each other; it bothered me a little to hear that conversation, Dahyun spent a dream night with me and now she hardly speaks to me at all "

"Maybe if you stop acting like a you would have her attention. I'll be direct: physically you are dizzying, but as soon as you open your mouth you spoil everything. Work on your manners and let her know that you are interested in her, Momo did so with me and I assure you that my opinion about her has changed completely"

Sana parked the car and looked at her with gratitude "you're right, maybe I should grow up a bit and get busy with one person for once. I'm happy to have you as a sister-in-law and, to repay my debt, I'll pay for you today"

"What do you mean? There is nothing to pay" for a moment her heart seemed to have stopped, she was afraid that Momo had revealed something about her debt.

"I'm tired of this hair color, I want to go brown and you, my wonderful friend, will make my sister pass out as soon as we're done here" she pointed to her favorite hairdresser shop "Momo is crazy about red hair, trust me" she winked.

 

 

 

Jeongyeon had asked Nayeon to meet her under the favorite tree of the latter, who loved to spend her free time leaning against its bark, and she decided to take advantage of the wait to decide what to say to her. She wanted to speak to her sincerely, she felt ready.

"Sorry for the wait, I needed a shower" Nayeon sat down next to her, leaning against the tree "what would you like to talk about?"

"About things that concern me and that I want to let you know, but also about you if you wan to talk" when the other nodded she started talking again "I will start from the beginning: as you know my family has been very rich for generations, so rich that they can send in it ruins a lot of powerful people, and that caused me a lot of problems. I never had any friends, not even in kindergarten, and if anyone was paying attention or talking to me it was just to get me to buy something, but I was so eager to find friends and I fell for it every time"

The displeasure was evident in Nayeon's eyes "it mustn't have been easy for you, people are really bad" she took her hand in hers "but it's over, isn't it?"

Jeongyeon looked at their hands in surprise "I wouldn't say so, while growing up it got worse. Once they beat me in five, three boys and two girls, because I refused to pay for their drinks. Another time I ended up in the hospital because they got me pushed while I was on the rocks to take pictures of the sea, only because I honestly answered a question that was asked me. That's why I fled to Hawaii, nobody knows me there or at least they pretend not to know me because they aren't interested"

"Now I understand why you hate this place so much and why you don't like people, you have every reason to feel like that. I hope those idiots have paid for their wickedness" she was nervous, in fact she squeezed her hand tighter.

"The five guys got a hefty fine, the girl who pushed me is currently in prison, the investigations have brought to light her intentions about me. But now I want to get to the point" she her hair with her free hand "all these bad experiences have led me not to be a delicate person, the people I have been with can confirm that my delicacy is mostly non-existent, both in and out of bed. Yet, when I look or touch you, I feel as deprived of my physical strength"

Nayeon stiffened when Jeongyeon's hand landed on her hair, that sudden gesture caught her off guard, but she allowed herself to relax a little bit "maybe it's because I'm fragile, maybe seeing me like this softens you and prevents you from behaving in a certain way"

"That's not it, I've met people who are physically weaker and thinner than you" Jeongyeon shook her head "it's because you are different from the others, you don't give a damn about my money and you have not set expectations on me, you have always reserved for me of the treatments that I deserve and you are not afraid to tell me what you think in spite of everything. I really like you, I could never treat you as an object or as my conquest, I wouldn't put my hands on you if not for your pleasure"

The other girl's heart had started beating as if under enormous physical exertion and she didn't know how to calm it, she was also aware of the blush on her cheeks and she didn't dare speak for fear of stammering. Jeongyeon had approached her and was looking at her lips, her intentions were clear. Nayeon let her come closer, but when their lips made contact with hers her body tightened and she couldn't resist the urge to push her away.

Jeongyeon's surprised and hurt look was like a stab for her and she had to try hard not to cry "I'm sorry, you told me some important and beautiful things, but I can't" she immediately got up from the ground, intending to leave.

Jeongyeon grabbed her wrist in a firm grip, she didn't want to let her go so "don't run away, I deserve to know the reason for your reaction"

"Leave me, I told you to leave me!" Nayeon was struggling, unable to hold back the tears.

It was Mina who separated them, she had rushed there immediately after hearing the screams "if she tells you to leave her you have no right to keep her" she gave a reproachful look at Jeongyeon, then turned in Nayeon's direction "it's okay, nothing happened" she tried to take her hands, but without success.

"You came to watch and then laugh with her behind me, didn't you? History always repeats itself, people are all the same" Nayeon didn't really think those things, not about the two girls in front of her, but she was unable to reason at that moment "at least this time people will say that I'm crazy, it's still a different topic"

"What are you saying? We don't want to make fun of you, tell us what is happening and we will help you" Jeongyeon had an angry tone of voice, that situation had made her nervous.

Mina gave her a light nudge "she isn't in herself, it doesn't seem appropriate to use this tone now. Put your feelings aside, you can get angry later. Nayeon.." she tried to talk to her again, but the girl started running, entering the villa and locking herself in her room.

Jeongyeon couldn't feel anything but anger, she had been rejected and insulted for no reason despite her opening her heart to her. She decided she wouldn't let Nayeon get away with it, she would pay her back with the same coin.

Mina was looking at her with concern "tell me you're not thinking what I believe, she was visibly shocked and didn't think the things she said. She didn't want to offend us, I know how people behave when they lose their minds" she thought of her sister and her concern for Nayeon grew "she needs help"

"Don't worry, I'll give her all the help she needs" the tallest one replied with a flat tone and a blank stare. She only gave way to the anger she was feeling and Mina's words drifted through the air. The person she had silenced since Nayeon's arrival in her life had returned to be heard as quickly as she had disappeared; she wanted to pay her back with the same coin, her delicacy and understanding no longer existed in her.

 

 

 

~~

I wanna try to update more often so.. Here's another chapter. Something's definitely happening and there's something unsolved in someone's past. What will happen next?