Exception to the rule

My red thread of destiny

When Sana woke up, the clock on the wall was signaling eleven o'clock, a time she was no longer used to due to her constant commitments in Japan. Another thing that she had lost the habit of was that Dahyun was in the same bed as her and holding her in the arms felt like a dream.

The younger was sleeping soundly, unaware of the eyes watching her, with her head resting on Sana's left arm and her hand clenched into a fist on Sana's right wrist. She was afraid of being alone even though she was sleeping and the brunette felt doubly guilty for what she had done to her.

She moved even closer to her so that she could hold her, putting a leg between Dahyun's and her long black hair "you probably think that what matters most to me in a relationship is , but I assure you that you are wrong because holding you while you're sleeping is on a higher level"

"Mmh-mh" was the only sound emitted by the younger, who did nothing besides snuggling even closer to her.

Sana smiled in amusement, gently stopping her hand on the girl's head "are you awake?" it was clear that she was no longer sleeping, judging by the smile that she was holding back "I understand, I'm afraid I have to go to eat our breakfast alone.. It's a shame"

"It's late for breakfast, let's wait for lunch instead" Dahyun squeezed her tightly, preventing her from getting up "to pass the time you could continue to cuddle me, I like it when you're sweet" she still had her eyes closed.

"How about a nice bath instead? Tonight we literally collapsed" she kissed her forehead, getting down to her nose "seems a better idea to me"

"Okay, I'll get up now" she let go of her, sinking into the pillows.

The older smiled amused "I prepare the tub, lazy " she got out of bed without bothering to cover herself and she went though about everything, choosing the bubble bath she liked the most. She the small stereo located on a towel cabinet and, predictably, the CD inserted inside contained pieces played on the piano.

Dahyun joined her shortly thereafter, immediately stepping into the tub; Sana did the same, sitting in front of her. They looked into each other's eyes for an infinite and too short time at the same time, until the detached expression of the younger gave way to a smirk.

"Why are you smiling like that? Do I have something on my face?" she immediately put her hands to her face.

"Your face is fine, but I advise you not to wear low-cut shirts in the next few days" the brunette approached her, tracing a small path at her chest with her index finger "I'm afraid I exaggerated a bit, I apologize"

Sana pulled her by the arm, so as to have pressed her against "you don't have to apologize for anything, everything that happened tonight was fantastic. And, if anyone should apologize for too many hickeys, that's me" she smiled amused "you have a giant letter S on your belly"

Dahyun smiled genuinely, placing her hands on the other girl's shoulders "I'll make sure I show off these brands" her gaze softened and her cheeks flushed a little "tell me again"

"What are you referring to?" her eyes were fixed on the lips she no longer wanted to live without.

"Tell me you love me, I'd like to hear it now that we're not caught up in the heat of the moment"

Sana's gaze returned to the younger's eyes, not wavering even for a second "I love you" she slowly her face "I love you more than anything else in the world"

Dahyun was crying silently "I love you too"

They kissed for a long time, interrupting their exchange of effusions at the most beautiful moment because of the cook, who had gone to knock on the bedroom door to advise them to go down to lunch. They snorted loudly and hurried to dry and get dressed, both going downstairs with their hair wrapped in a towel.

Mr. Kim was sitting at the table and smiled as soon as he saw them "good morning girls"

They responded and sat down, hungry to the point of not saying a word. The man gave an amused smile "I'm happy to see you together again, even if as a father I should blame you for having done the small hours to have fun"

Dahyun's face went all red with embarrassment "Dad!"

"Honey, you don't have to embarrass yourself, after all these are normal things" he was still smiling, amused by the completely different reactions of the two girls: Dahyun wanted to sink into the chair, Sana was totally comfortable and felt like laughing.

The brunette thought that this was going to be a very long lunch.

 

 

 

 

Tzuyu knew the Minatozaki house quite well, considering the countless visits made in the last period, and for this reason the one Sharon loved to call 'butler' was no longer in charge of accompanying her to the top floor.

The girl reached Sharon's room and knocked on the door, receiving no response. She knocked a second time, entering after a few moments to check that nothing had happened.

Sharon was from behind, sitting on a giant pillow, playing an online video game. The headphones she wore on her ears were the cause of the disregard for the guest she had invited herself.

An amused smile lit up Tzuyu's face, who sneaked up to the blonde and squeezed her from behind in an unkind way "don't tell me you forgot you invited me for the afternoon!" she screamed in her ear after taking off the headphones.

"You made me take a hit" Sharon put a hand to her chest, before recovering completely and going back to watching the TV screen "I can't lose like that against some kids, give me a few minutes"

"Okay, but in case of defeat I advise you not to insult those poor children" she rested her chin on her shoulder, concentrating on the game in progress. She sat down behind her, leaving no space between their bodies, and held her arms around the blonde.

Being so close had become natural to them, to the point where they almost felt embarrassed to be in the same room without touching. Tzuyu put her hands on Sharon's belly, smiling immediately after "you're gaining weight, I'm happy"

"Soon you can use me as a bowling ball, I'm always eating" the blonde stopped playing and turned to look at her face "would you like a snack? I had my trusted butler buy half the supermarket"

"The snack can wait"

The thought of saying something wrong made Sharon panic "did I offend you in any way?"

Tzuyu gestured a no with her finger before placing her hand on her cheek "no, it makes me happy to see you so hungry and full of energy. It's just that we are practically alone and, well.. I may have thought of something else"

The blonde's mouth was wide open to her surprise "just to be sure.." she walked over to her, whispering "are we talking about indecent things?"

The blush on the younger's cheeks was already a more than satisfactory answer, but since she was the first to talk about it, she didn't want to make it seem like she wanted to pull back "yes, I've been thinking about it for a few days already"

"Are you really sure? It hasn't been that long since I stopped taking drugs" she took her hands very gently "now I'm fine and I don't even suffer from withdrawal, but I don't want you to feel compelled to do this step. I haven't been doing very well lately and I don't deserve your love in any form"

"True, you behaved pretty badly considering your addiction and what happened with Jack and Dahyun; it would be convenient for me to put all the blame on you and see you as a horrible person, but I broke up with you when you needed me the most and this is undeniable. I know that you would do anything to protect me, but part of the fault is also mine and it is not true that you do not deserve my love" Tzuyu's hands moved away from Sharon's with the intent to bring the girl closer as much as possible "we've known each other for almost a year and, barring the early days when we were just friends, there hasn't been a time when I didn't love you. I feel a little ridiculous saying these things and I hope that no one will ever find out, but I am convinced of what we have, now I know I can trust you"

Her gentle hands on her back, her eyes full of love and sweetness, and the words just spoken by the younger made Sharon cry, completely destroying the wall of paper that remained between them. All the walls had been knocked down, they had nothing left to hide "it's already the second time you make me cry" she wiped her face with the sleeve of her shirt, smiling immediately afterwards despite her eyes a little puffy "but this time it's almost pleasant"

Tzuyu smiled and hugged her tighter "I know I'm not an expert and I have a big chance of making a fool of myself, but I'm ready"

"You don't need to be an expert, mental attraction is also very important and I've never felt so taken by someone" Sharon kissed her on the neck, then devoted herself to her lips "wait, I'll close the curtains"

"You're the one who's undressing me, not the other way around" the brunette's shirt was already on the floor.

"I beg your pardon, I got caught up in the moment" she helped her to get up from the pillow, then pushed the button to close the heavy black curtains "good life for rich, don't you think? One button is enough to make you my prey"

"If you talk like that it seems to be in the middle of an RPG" Tzuyu hugged her as soon as they were both on the bed, taking advantage of the dark to put aside any embarrassment and showing how eager she was to go further. The clothes flew off one after the other and the walls of the room they were in prevented the outside world from participating in that romantic moment.

 

 

 

The same evening the girls had taken pizza with the purpose of eating in the living room, so that they could talk about the event of the next day and review the last details of the idea they'd had. They were all nervous about breaking the rules, but the excitement of going against the bigoted ideas of those in high society was much stronger than any fear.

Sana picked up her cell phone and started a video call, patiently waiting for her younger sister to answer. When she did it she greeted her by throwing a kiss "little sister, am I disturbing you? Here we are finishing organizing for tomorrow and we would also like your approval"

"No trouble, at least I'll have company during my evening snack" she put her cell phone down on the kitchen island, opening a cupboard "what were you thinking about?"

The older preferred to show her the outfits they had chosen: they were black suits including ties and high-heeled shoes of the same color "as you know we girls are forbidden to wear black trousers or clothing, with the exception of same- couples during their first event, so we decided to get noticed. What do you think?"

"That's brilliant, a lot of scum will go on a rampage" she took a bite of the chocolate bar she took "plus, if I may say so, I think you all will be very y"

Jeongyeon gave a satisfied smile "this is the smartest thing ever out of "

Nayeon pinched her leg, amused "don't be rude and accept the compliment without commenting"

"Okay, I'm only doing it because my gorgeous girlfriend told me" she blew her a kiss, triggering various reactions in the other girls: some pretended to be disgusted, others laughed.

Sana added Dahyun to the call, not surprised to find her at the piano "what were you playing? I want to hear my favorite musician's music"

"I'm the only one you've ever really listened to, ignorant" she was smiling at her, busy marking the notes on a half-empty sheet music "I'm trying to finish the melody I told you about"

"Hi Dahyun, I see you're doing well" Sharon smiled as she picked up her cell phone again.

The younger immediately looked up at her, smiling too "you are very well too, you have put on weight"

"Tzuyu told me the same, now I'm irresistible" she winked.

"Dahyun!" Tzuyu took Sana's cell phone away, smiling as she saw the people she loved the most. They had stayed in touch thanks to the countless messages they had sent each other during that time, but they had never made a video call.

"Tzu, it's been a while" Dahyun was smiling the same way "I'm sorry, I haven't been seen much lately"

Tzuyu shook her head without losing her smile "I know you needed time, you don't have to apologize for anything. Anyway we decided to make an exception, tell us what you think" she did the same thing that Sana had done just before, showing her the suits hanging on crutches.

"With these on you won't make an exception to the rule, you will throw it directly in the toilet. I really like this thought and I hope to see some nice photos"

Mina smiled satisfied, happy to have received the consent of all of them "my idea has been passed with flying colors!"

There was a noise coming from the cell phone and they all came over to check; Dahyun hadn't moved from the piano and was watching too. Sharon had taken the cell phone in her hand again, framing what remained of a vase "I tripped, do you have any advice not to get killed? I'm already on the second vase destroyed"

"Change your name and move to Mexico, you would look very good with a sombrero" Chaeyoung immediately proposed "or you could blame someone else, it always works"

The blonde didn't have time to consider either option: her mother was behind her, with the broomstick clutched in her hands "damn you and all the Minatozakis, I bought that vase with your father during one of our travels!"

"Mom!" the three sisters who were at the villa had shouted in chorus, offended and at the same time amused at having been mentioned in that way, but they didn't receive the slightest attention.

Sharon left her cell phone on a furniture and took the broom out of her hands, more for personal protection than to clean "you and dad should learn to buy normal things when you travel, ever heard of magnets? They are very cute, unlike these abominations" she pointed to the other vases scattered around the house.

"Light of my eyes, you know your mom loves you so much" the woman smiled, terrifying her daughter "let me hug you so I can show you all my affection"

"Girls, it was nice to meet you" Sharon made the military salute to the cell phone, where she saw all the others on the screen "my end has come, take care of all my precious electronic items. Pay attention to Tzuyu too, I love you all"

They all laughed after the blonde received a slight slap on the head from her mother, who was enjoying herself and boasting of being the queen of the house. She greeted her daughters and the others, inviting them to have lunch together one of those days. As soon as the clock struck midnight they went to sleep, or at least tried.

 

 

 

 

The days of the events were always very hectic for those who attended, regardless of whether it was the first or the millionth time, but for Momo the anxiety had tripled. She was sitting on the bed, turning a little blue velvet box over in her hands; it had been a long time since she had bought that ring and she felt she had to deliver it to the rightful owner just then.

She opened the bathroom door on her room to find Jihyo brushing her teeth. She was wearing a bathrobe and her hair was wrapped in a towel: a true vision for the brunette.

"Are you all right? You are pale" asked Jihyo after finishing brushing her teeth "do you have to throw up? Don't tell me you couldn't digest last night's pizza"

"I'm fine and my stomach is fine" she put her hand in the pocket of her sweatpants "it's just that I'm afraid of doing something I don't know the outcome of"

The redhead kissed her nose "take a nice shower and you'll see that you'll feel better; don't worry about tonight, everything will be fine"

"The event is the least of my thoughts right now" she was starting to sweat "funny how I can shamelessly jump on you whenever I want you but I can't tell you a thing"

Jihyo was a bit perplexed "have you been in some trouble and you are afraid to tell me? I promise not to get mad, as long as you tell me right now"

The brunette put her hands on her shoulders, pushing her to sit on the edge of the tub, but to no avail "sit down, you may need this after hearing what I have to say"

"I don't sit down, spit the toad" she was serious, so very close to being annoyed.

Momo inhaled deeply, clenching her fist on the box she still had in her pocket "you know, just before the accident I found myself in a shop where I never thought I'd go into my life, not to buy something that wasn't for me at least, yet I did it but with all the things that have happened in the last period I have always postponed"

Jihyo's curiosity was increasing dramatically, but she knew very well that pointing out would only lengthen the time and she just looked her girlfriend in the eyes, as she used to do in every conversation.

"At first I didn't want to have anything to do with you, I considered you a loser and an easy prey and it is precisely for these reasons that I liked to annoy you. Then the situation changed, my attentions no longer had the purpose of annoying you and spending time with you made me understand that the winning contests I used to do with Sana were nothing more than a stupid game of two poor idiots" she smiled amused at the last statement "I'm too funny"

"I wouldn't say so, but this time I'll let you get away with it" she smiled encouragingly.

Momo immediately resumed speaking, determined to finish that speech as soon as possible "do you remember the contract? As far as I'm concerned we can set it on fire"

Jihyo's heart seemed to stop for a few seconds "what?"

"Don't be scared and let me finish" she pulled out the box, keeping it hidden with her hand "we can burn that stupid piece of paper because as far as I'm concerned, if you want, you will no longer have the surname that keeps you tied to the past" she opened the little velvet object, showing her the engagement ring: it had a diamond neither too big nor too small, perfect for Jihyo "marry me because you want it, not because it says on a piece of paper. I want to be with you because I love you, not for the advantages a relationship with Park Jihyo could offer me"

It only took a few seconds for the redhead to start crying with emotion, her eyes full of tears turned to the ring. She never expected to receive the proposal so soon, she was taken by surprise "I can't believe it, you're crazy"

"Is it a no?" Momo was left with the ring between her fingers and her hand was a little trembling "I can try again later, if you don't feel like it"

"Of course I want to marry you" she took her face in her hands, kissing her until it took her breath away "I'm more than ready to make this step" she extended her left hand to her, smiling even more at the sight of the small object on her finger.

The brunette took her hips, more excited than ever "do you like it? Otherwise we can go and change it"

"There's no need, it's perfect. We'll get married soon, I can't believe it" she wanted to jump all over the house.

"I have to tell my sisters!" Momo left her there, running downstairs "she said yes!" she screamed it over five times, attracting the attention of all the girls.

Sana took her hands, starting to jump with her in joy, while Mina was watching them with a smile on her face. She asked a question that spoiled the mood "did you buy her some roses and filled the bed with petals? Or did you put up a giant sign? I'm curious to know your level of romance"

The brunette had everyone's eyes on her "to tell the truth I made the proposal in the bathroom, Jihyo had just come out of the shower"

"You're hopeless" Sana gave her a smack on the forehead "while you were there you could have undressed too"

"I hadn't thought of that, how silly" she pouted.

Jeongyeon was clearly judging her, given the way she was looking at her "this one is really silly. Momo, go get Jihyo dressed and come back here, we will call Sharon and Dahyun and prepare a nice toast"

"It's ten in the morning, it seems a bit early to drink" Chaeyoung was blissfully in her girlfriend's arms.

"Dahyun and Sharon can't even drink, they can't drink even if they want to" Tzuyu was already preparing the group video call.

The blonde rolled her eyes "we'll use the orange juice, just have a little inventiveness in these cases. Help me, but some of you have to go with Momo, as she would be able to leave her future bride alone again; I propose Minatozaki two and three for this task. Tzu, you call the other two nuts while Chae will free the glass table. Nay, you come with me to prepare the rest"

They all obeyed, eager to celebrate all together. They toasted and sang for two hours, non-stop and never getting bored.