Chapter 8

Married To My Bestfriend (IIWMB BOOK TWO)

Chaeyoung wouldn't trade anything for mornings like this where she could wake up and the first thing she'll see is the most angelic face she ever adored in her whole life. Mina looked more pretty when she's asleep, when she's so vulnerable like this. Sleeping so soundly inside her warm embrace and Chaeyoung can't stop but to fall more harder and harder.

 

 

After years of being together, it's really strange how can she still feel butterflies whenever Mina smiles at her, looks at her with those beautiful pair of eyes, those kisses and warm cuddles. I guess this is what it really means when you already found your other half.

 

 

It's another busy morning or should she say, a busy day. Back to her usual routine of dropping Maddie at school and Mina at work. It's tiring and exhausting but she'll be willing to do this everyday than to feel that emptiness again like what she felt yesterday. It hurted her so much watching Mina and their kid walked out of the house and rode a different car. Chaeyoung never knew that a ride to work can be that painful.

 

 

Once she already pulled over in front of their studio, Somi was already waving at her from the inside. Chaeyoung was handed with a coffee the moment she entered.

 

 

"Wow! Am I witnessing a miracle?" Chaeyoung teased Somi as she sat on her workspace.

 

 

"I was asking the same, actually" Yeri seconded.

 

 

Somi rolled her eyes at them and snickered. "Just be thankful, you brats! I just woke up with a good mood, okay?"

 

 

It was a hectic day for the three of them because of so much deadlines. Chaeyoung checked their schedule and they need to be out of town starting tomorrow. Just by thinking about it make her head hurt, she really hates far locations for their photo shoots.

 

 

"So.. for tomorrow's schedule, do you think the three of us are enough?" Chaeyoung asked Yeri and Somi. "It's not quite far but still, we need to bring lots of stuffs"

 

 

"I was thinking the same. I think we'll really cram" Somi agreed.

 

 

"I have a friend who's working as a freelance photographer too" Yeri said that earned Chaeyoung's attention. "If it's okay I'll ask her if she wants to tag along"

 

 

"That's much better, Yeri. I hope you can convince her" Chaeyoung said while massaging her temples.

 

 

Somi walked up behind her chair and removed her hands. She replaced it with hers, doing the massage and Chaeyoung could only close her eyes because it felt good. Her head is aching so bad.

 

 

"Don't stress yourself too much, it'll really make your head hurt. I am here.. Yeri too, we got this okay?"

 

 

"I know.." Chaeyoung sighed. "It's just that.. you know I don't like going out of town like this just because I have to work. I don't want to be that far away with Mina and Maddie"

 

 

"Such a dramatic sappy lover!" Chaeyoung can really imagine how Somi was rolling her eyes while saying that. She pressed real hard on her temples and Chaeyoung had to swat her hands away. "It's just 2days and 1night! You couldn't be missing each other that much"

 

 

"Oh poor girl, you really have no experience on this" Chaeyoung teased and Yeri laughed so hard.

 

 

"She's a hopeless case Chaeng! I think we need to do something about her before she could turn as bitter and as clueless like this"

 

 

"Whatever!" Somi walked back to her seat, annoyed. "Anyways, don't bother about our accommodation. I got it, I'll be the one to reserve for us"

 

 

It was a long and tiring day for the both of them but instead of resting, Mina's helping her pack her stuff that she needs to bring. Sometimes Chaeyoung wonders what if she ain't got Mina in her life? Would it be too different? Will she struggle alot? But then again, as she's watching Mina do these things for her, her heart always comes up with a quick answer. It'll be sure hell different. And right now, I can't live without her. 

 

 

"Is this all you need? Are you sure?" Mina asked as she's done stuffing her things on her small luggage. "Please double check, love" 

 

 

"Babe I'll just be gone for two days, it's not a long vacation" Chaeyoung laughed but did as she's told anyway. "All good. Everything I need is there, except..." 

 

 

"Except what? Come on get it so I could still make some space" 

 

 

"No baby.. I think it won't fit there" 

 

 

"Why? Is it too big?" Mina asked, confused. "Just put it inside your car then" 

 

 

"Okay. Come on" Chaeyoung held her hand onto Mina as she was squatting on the floor. Her eyes were so confused watching Chaeyoung and her hand but still, she grabbed it so she can stand up. 

 

 

"Wait Chaeng.. where are we going?" 

 

 

"To my car, baby. You said I could put on the car the last thing that I need on this short trip" Mina blushed at that and Chaeyoung can't help but to laugh at how cute and lovely her wife is. 

 

 

"Goodness Son Chaeyoung! You're so flirty!" 

 

 

Chaeyoung wrapped her hands on Mina's waist to pull her on a tight but still tender hug. She started swaying the both of them, rocking slowly, as if they could hear an imaginary love song playing on the background. Mina hugged her back while she rest her face on Chaeyoung's shoulder. 

 

 

"I don't know baby but I'll miss you" Chaeyoung whispered. 

 

 

Mina faced her and caressed her both cheeks and gave her a little peck on the lips. "Oh love, you know I'll miss you too" 

 

 

Chaeyoung needs to leave early the next morning since she still needs to pick up Somi, Yeri and her friend. It'll also be an almost six hours ride, and they get unlucky, plus the traffic so she needs to avoid the rush hour. She already put all of her stuff inside her car, she just need to say goodbye to Maddie who's still sleeping so she just kissed her forehead and leave the room quietly. 

 

 

Mina is already waiting for her by the door, wearing her robe. She kissed her, longer this time, because she'll miss those sweet lips for two days. 

 

 

"Call me if you're there, okay? Update me always love please. I don't want to worry that much" 

 

 

Chaeyoung nodded and kissed her forehead and lips one last time. "I will baby.. drive carefully alright? Take care of yourself and Maddie" 

 

 

Chaeyoung picked up Somi first since her house is the first one to be passed by. "Good morning to our handsome driver for today!" Somi greeted as she sat on the passenger seat. 

 

 

"As if I wanted to be your driver, I just have no choice" Chaeyoung glared at her. But as soon as she looked at Somi's seat, she felt strange. It's really weird to have someone sitting there and it's not Mina. Goodness, I'm missing her already.

 

 

"Hey you okay? If you don't wanna drive I can do it" Somi asked when she noticed that Chaeyoung pouted and became a little sad.

 

 

"No it's fine" Chaeyoung shook her head. "I just missed Mina, she's usually the one sitting there"

 

 

"Oh. Okay.."

 

 

Yeri was already waiting at their front porch together with a girl which Chaeyoung guessed is her friend. She stopped in front of them and Yeri opened the door for her friend to let her go in first before she followed.

 

 

"So guys.. this is Saeron, the one I'm talking about" Yeri introduced her. "Saeron, that's Chaeyoung and this here is Somi" she said while pointing at them. 

 

 

"Hi! I hope you don't mind that I tagged along" Saeron said in a cute small voice while smiling at them.

 

 

"Oh not at all. We actually need more hands" Chaeyoung assured her.

 

 

They were on the road for almost three long hours now, Yeri and Saeron already fell asleep at the back seat. Understandable, since they all woke up so early and to be honest, Chaeyoung is feeling sleepy too. Somi is awake but she's been quiet since the start of their ride, she's just looking out the window. 

 

 

"Hey, you're so quiet. What's wrong?" 

 

 

Somi turned her head at her. "Oh nothing, just woke up on the wrong side of the bed, I guess" 

 

 

"Oh, okay. If you want to sleep, then sleep. We're still far I'll just wake the three of you up when we arrive" 

 

 

Somi just nodded and turned her back at her. Slouching on the seat and Chaeyoung thinks that she'll really sleep now based on her position. She lowered the volume of the radio to let them all sleep and tried to keep herself awake. 

 

 

Another three hours of driving and trying so hard not to fall asleep, they already arrived. They're already unloading their stuff while Chaeyoung stretched her back and legs because she felt it cramped. They were waiting at the lobby of their accommodation when she decided to call Mina. 

 

 

It took few rings before it was picked up. "Hi babe! Did you arrive there already?" 

 

 

"Yes, just a few minutes ago" Chaeyoung walked to make a little distance from her friends. "We're still waiting at the lobby. I'm so sleepy I want to lay on bed already" 

 

 

Mina chuckled over the phone, and it was music to Chaeyoung's ears. "Silly. You're not there for a vacation right? But I also suggest that you rest a little bit" 

 

 

"Chaeyoung!" it was Somi who called her, signing her that they can already go up to their room. She nodded and asked Somi to wait for her. 

 

 

"Baby, I need to go, room's ready. I'll call again later. I love you!" Somi make a face when she heard it and Chaeyoung nudged at her. 

 

 

"Alright! I love you too, love!" 

 

 

The room was nice, it was big and it has a nice bathroom too. As expected of Somi, she's really reliable when it comes to this things. The only problem is, there's only two queen sized bed. 

 

 

"So..." Somi started as she sat on one of the beds. "I tried to book two rooms so that we could have one bed each but only one room is available, and yes, it only has two beds" 

 

 

"It's okay for me, Somi. Me and Saeron could share right?" Yeri said as she look at Saeron. 

 

 

"Uh yeah, of course. I won't mind" Chaeyoung was hell sure that she looked so shy.

 

 

"It's settled then!" Somi yelled and walked to Chaeyoung and tapped her shoulder. "We'll share the bed"

 

 

That afternoon, after eating their lunch, they meet up with their client and held a short meeting. They finalized the final theme that their client picked and all the other details needed for the shoot tomorrow. Hours went by so fast that it's already getting dark and Chaeyoung can't help but to think about Mina and Maddie finally at their home.

 

 

As soon as the meeting is finished, they decided to went back to the hotel and just make a room service for their dinner. Chaeyoung showered first so that she could eat and rest already.

 

 

"How's your day? Maddie just fell asleep. Rest too, love"

 

 

Chaeyoung can't help but to smile as soon as she read Mina's message. She quickly typed away for a reply.

 

 

"Already preparing to sleep, baby. I miss you though"

 

 

Chaeyoung was waiting for her reply but she's really sleepy now. She didn't realize that she already fell asleep. When she woke up the next morning, someone's hugging her. And it slipped out her mind that she's not at their home and it's not Mina, but it's too late, she already hugged this someone back. Goodness it's Somi!

 

 

Chaeyoung really waked Somi up when she jolted away from her upon realization. Somi looked at her like she was confused on why she reacted like that but before she could even ask, Chaeyoung already stood up and entered the bathroom to get ready. 

 

 

They are already busy after fixing the set up that was suited for the chosen theme. Chaeyoung is now busy on clicking her camera, telling them to try different pose while she tries to take a good picture using different angles. She was checking her shots when Somi stood beside her, also peaking at her camera.

 

 

"Hey! What are you doing?!" Chaeyoung asked because she felt how Somi picked her phone out of her pants back pocket.

 

 

"Putting it here" Somi said as she placed Chaeyoung's phone inside her bag. "I've been watching you and your phone is almost slipping out of your pocket"

 

 

"Alright! But give it to me once I'm done" Somi nodded and walked away.

 

 

Chaeyoung decided to call for a short break before they wrap up and fix the new background for the next shoot. She walked towards Yeri and Saeron who's talking and laughing about something.

 

 

"Hey did you know where Somi is?"

 

 

Yeri looked at her and glared at her as if she was interrupting something important. "Yes she said she's gonna buy some foods and drinks"

 

 

"Ugh! That girl" Chaeyoung scratched her head because she wants to message Mina and her phone is not with her. "Can I borrow your phone, Yeri? I just need to text Mina, and Somi has my phone!"

 

 

"Oh you too? She also confiscated our phones because she saw us playing while the two of you were working" Yeri shrugged and Saeron laughed a little.

 

 

"Goodness Somi! Come back quickly!" Chaeyoung mumbled frustratedly.